A 5 Star+ Villa-Mansion
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:5-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Solitude Bay estate description
Miramar is a private estate perched on a bluff overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The villa-mansion is custom designed to integrate comfort and elegance. Air-conditioned throughout inside, guests can relax outdoors on terraces and patios surrounded by refreshing sea breezes.
Miramar is found in the beautiful Estate Solitude on the northeast shore of St. Croix. Guests enter to a columned portico and fountain, and the mansion’s 2400 square foot Great Room. The Great Room is beautifully enhanced by sparkling crystal chandeliers, sculpture and superb lighting throughout, with unobstructed and breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea and nearby Buck Island. The Great Room’s high-coffered ceilings are supported by grand columns that run down to Italian marble floors, accented with oriental area rugs. A lavish living room area features a 70-inch LED television with surround sound. The Great Room also features a formal dining area, an 18-foot granite-topped wet bar with an icemaker and beverage coolers, which looks out to sea, and an impressive gourmet kitchen. There's also a Yamaha electronic piano for your entertainment.
The kitchen contains black granite countertops and custom cabinetry, well designed and complete with warming drawers. It is impressively equipped with top Wolf, Sub-Zero and Asko appliances and a bounty of cook's tools. Just off the dining area and kitchen, through arched doorways, are the powder room and laundry.
Miramar’s heated pool and sun terrace are found outside the French doors on either side of the bar. Cushioned patio furniture; chairs, tables, and an outdoor dining table are placed under a columned shady covered area, perfect for alfresco dining and cocktails with music, and a stainless steel gas grill. There's also abundant space to relax outside the shade, on cushioned pool chairs and lounges. Sunbathers will relish under the blue sky facing the blue sea, with unparalleled views of famous Buck Island in the near distance, and the parade of passing yachts and kite surfers.
Miramar's east wing is the air-conditioned king master suite, a spacious room with a sitting area and more delightful ocean and Buck Island views. The ensuite bath of this lavish room features separate 'his and hers' vanities, enclosed WCs, dressing areas and custom walk-in closets with many drawers and endless space. 'His and hers' areas are separated by a central glassed-in shower and a jacuzzi bathtub. French doors lead directly to the pool terrace outside.
Stairs descend from the master sweet within Miramar's east wing to two queen bedrooms, both air-conditioned and with satellite TV. Both of these two queen bedrooms offer delightful sea views and ensuite baths with separate toilets. The first queen bed has an inlaid wood headboard, and the second queen bed features a scrolled metal bedstead. Both bedrooms share a two level patio just outside their French doors, overlooking a varied and picturesque arrangement of native flowers and plants, as well as the clear blue sea.
A few more stairs brings you down to Miramar's air-conditioned gym with satellite TV, cushioned rubber flooring and a NordicTrack treadmill, a NordicTrack elliptical strider and free weights. Once again, you'll hardly notice time passing with the striking ocean and Buck Island views before you.
In the west wing of Miramar’s main level is the second king master bedroom. This suite is air-conditioned with an expansive ocean-view and features a sunken living area with satellite TV, and French doors, which open directly to the pool and terrace. The ensuite bath has double vanity sinks, a glassed-in shower stall, a Jacuzzi tub, and a separate WC.
Adjacent to the second master suite is the library/office, an air-conditioned and handsome room in which to work, if you must, or to relax and read. A generous library of books and a cozy sitting area is available for ones leisure.
Expansive Miramar showcases creative design and rooms always oriented to the sea. Elaborate French doors with artfully framed eyebrow windows accentuate the breathtaking sea views and smart louvered wood panels in every room slide back and forth at a touch to perfectly adjust the natural light to your taste. Craftsman-quality custom cabinetry and tile work in addition to colorful original art and stunning designer furnishings throughout the mansion elevate this substantial property to an impressive and finely finished level. Gold fixtures and Miramar-monogrammed towels and bathrobes adorn each bath.
For luxury travelers looking for a luxurious vacation experience with a bounty of amenities and comfort in an secluded and sublime location landscaped with rich tropical flora, superb Miramar is THE villa choice on St. Croix...five stars, plus!
- 9500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Bathrooms are luxurious with gold plated fixtures.
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Hotel-type maid service provided 5 days except important holidays.
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Pier Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Duty Free Shops
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Gambling Casinos
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- St. Croix is a beautiful Caribbean Island offering an array of fun and exhilarating activities. You will find fun for the family or an escape on your own amid the many options. The island has so much to share with unpopulated beaches, outstanding snorkeling, paddle boarding, sailing, deep sea fishing, scuba diving, hiking, horseback riding, museum tours, live music, fine dining, and rich culture and history. Each corner of St. Croix is special and unique. Here are just some of the great activities you can experience... EAST END: From Miramar, just five miles to East is the National Monument, Point Udall, which is recognized as the Eastern most point in the United States. The sunrises here are beyond words, if you can make it up there that early, it's by far worth it! Afterward, follow the trail head to Jack & Issac's Bay, a National Park, that offers numerous hiking trails that lead to secluded bays with exceptional snorkeling in crystal clear turquoise waters. Hike to the top and overlook all of St. Croix from East to West! Explore a few miles West of Miramar and you find Shoy's Beach. An excellent quiet beach with many shade trees and calm seas best for swimming and snorkeling or escaping in a great book. Bring chairs and cooler and enjoy the seclusion! The tree line canopy you walk through to this beach is absolutely picturesque! The next beach over is the Buccaneer Resort & Golf Course with two more beautiful beaches that have beach chairs for rent, two restaurants, tennis, golf, a beauty salon and spa. The Mermaid restaurant is wonderful for breakfast and one of the best places to watch the sunset at dinner time on the island! SOUTH SHORE: Pass the Eastern point, you'll round the bend and be on the South Shore of the island where you'll reach Divi Bay Resort & Casino with driving range, miniature golf and a long stretch of white sandy beach with water sports rentals, beach chairs, and restaurants. Don't forget to get a stone oven baked pizza at the beach shack, might be the best on the island! On Wednesdays and Saturdays visit the ART FARM to purchase locally grown food that is absolutely delicious! CHRISTIANSTED: Just six miles from the property you will reach the historic town of Christiansted. Danish architecture lines the streets, explore the Christiansvern Fort, Customs House and historic churches, museums, and art galleries. Enjoy a stroll down the boardwalk and take in the Caribbean Sea view then, book your sailing and scuba diving excursions! While you're here, enjoy the fine dining and local eateries, shop for local art and handmade jewelry. You'll find friendly store owners that are happy to share the island's culture and history. Many events take place downtown too, so be sure to grab a copy of St. Croix This Week, a magazine that lists what's going on! BUCK ISLAND NATIONAL PARK: A must see is the National Park Buck Island which is directly across Miramar's seaview. You can charter a sailing or power boat for a great day of fun in the sun. The beach has been rated by National Geographic as top 10 in the world, and the underwater snorkeling trail is amazing! You'll see many species of fish and coral, so bring your underwater camera to capture the moment! NORTH SHORE: Next on the list as a must see is Cane Bay on the North Shore. This beautiful bay has world renowned scuba diving along 'The Wall' where the depth drops from 30ft to 13,000ft. Along the coral edged wall, you'll see turtles, sting ray, many species of fish, eels, reef sharks, lobsters and more! There is a dive shop that rents dive and snorkel gear and afterward have a bite at Eat at Cane Bay. Delicious, fresh and locally grown meals and creative drinks, with a great view of the bay. From Cane Bay you can follow the beach road towards the rainforest and enjoy a beautiful drive. Or step it up with a four wheel drive vehicle to explore the Tidal Pools. You can also book a trip with Tan Tan Tours and they'll do all the work! WEST END: The West End of St. Croix offers the lush rain forest with hikes, waterfalls, Ridge to Reef Farm, sustainable farm for touring, Cruzan Rum Tours, and even beer drinking pigs, for something different. Outside of the rainforest you hit the calm waters of the West End with long stretches of white sandy beaches, turquoise waters and a few beach bars that have live music and restaurants. The town of Frederiksted is a laid back historic town. You can also explore the cruise ship Pier, Historic Fort, The Caribbean Art Museum, go horseback riding, hiking, and enjoy what West is most known for... the gorgeous sunsets! Check out Polly's by the Pier for a great healthy lunch with local produce. For a fresh catch of the day head down to Sand Castles by the Sea, and for the best deli sandwiches on island, don't miss Turtle's Deli on the beach. The island offers so many activities that you will have to come back to experience them all!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
5 night min stay
|Christmas (1-10 Guests)
Dec 14 - Jan 3
7 night min stay
|High Season (1-4 Guests)
Jan 4 - Apr 25
7 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $1542 Nightly
|Low Season (1-4 Guests)
Apr 26 - Nov 22
5 night min stay
|Thanksgiving (1-4 Guests)
Nov 23 - Nov 29
7 night min stay
|Low Season (1-4 Guests)
Nov 30 - Dec 13
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates based on 1-4 Guests
Additional guests charge:
5-6 guests: Add $1,001.00 / wk
7-8 guests: Add $2,002.00 / wk
9-10 guests: Add $3,003.00 / wk
Rates include daily maid service for 5 days/week (excludes holidays)
10% hotel tax
Refundable deposit: $1,500.00
Refundable pet deposit: $500.00
IRON MAN: Apply high season rate
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $1500
- Pet Fee: $500
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Tax Rate 10%
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Henry E. Rohlsen International Airport at 15 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Solitude Bay at Solitude Bay
- Nearest Barpub: The Libation Station at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: The Buccaneer Resort & Golf at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Blue Water Terrace at 1.5 Miles
Links to more information:
A Breathtaking Oceanfront Mansion Photos by Don Hebert and Ted Davis.
Miramar welcomes you to begin your luxurious Caribbean retreat.
Entertainment with comfort and style. 70'' LED surround sound TV and stereo.
Enjoy your fabulous meals at the formal dining table for 12.
This study is lined with great books, a beautiful desk and all in one printer.
Spa master bath with jetted LED tub, dual sinks, toilets and walk-in wardrobes.
Lower level third bedroom suite with walk out patio, sea view and king bed.
Elliptical, treadmill, free weights and great view +TV to stay fit and happy.
Caribbean Sea to Buck Island National Park. Charter a sail or enjoy from here!
Villa Miramar takes lounging, relaxing and dining on the deck to a new level.
Horseback tours through the rainforest and beach!
Our Scuba diving is exceptional. Book a discovery dive. www.seadogpics.com
Tropical landscape and grand cupola await your arrival.
The Great Room is comprised of 3,000 feet of open space with luxurious details.
Gourmet kitchen, chef's dream! Everything needed to create a banquet for 1 to 20
18' granite bar with 2 mini fridges, 2 wine coolers, ice machine and sink.
The posh master suite is grand & luxurious, with amazing views and 2 Lanai Doors
The 2nd master - great style & views, king bed, video, jet tub, shower & Lanai.
4th bedroom suite, open and bright, patio with beautiful view!
Stretch out, relax and enjoy the idyllic Caribbean scenery in complete privacy!
Infinity edge sparkling pool meets the turquoise sea while the Pelicans fly by.
Sunsets, starry nights, moon rises and midnight swims...life is good!
Looking for adventure! Try a kiteboarding lesson with Kite St. Croix
Experience the Cruzian Culture! St. Croix Carnival!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 17, 2013
5 Bedroom / 4.5 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.