Beautiful Laurel Park, 3bd 4 BA Close Everything in the Smokies
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hendersonville house description
Sleeps 8-10, vacation home in Laurel Park NC. Home in the trees. Private park like setting yet close to downtown Hendersonville and to all Western NC attractions. Cozy 2700 square feet of living area, 2 story 3 bedroom and 4 full baths, wood burning fireplace in family room with sofa sleeper. Free wifi, free Netflix on Apple TV, DVD players, baby bed in master. Hard wood floors and carpeted bedrooms. Fenced back yard for pet safety (additional stipulations). Minutes to downtown Historic Main Street in Hendersonville, gourmet restaurants and gift stores, galleries museum, live theater and unique shopping. Movie and theaters, Flat Rock Historical village a few minutes drive. About thirty minutes to Lake Lure, Asheville with the Biltmore Mansion, Grove Park Hotel with weekly shows and events and Cherokee National Park with Casino gambling 2 hour drive west. This home is on historic Laurel Park Mountain where at the top is Jump Off Point, elevation 3300 feet with views of 3 states and hiking trails. Dupont State park is just a 15 minutes south with eight majestic waterfalls and hiking trails, horse trails. Rent boats canoes at Lake Lure just 30 minutes east on 64 where you can climb to the top of Chimney Rock and see majestic views or pan for precious stones, ice cream and hotdogs and western and native American stores as well as your country comfort antiques and much more. Hendersonville and all surrounding small historic towns have much to offer during the four seasons.
The Biltmore Estate in Asheville,
George Vanderbilt created Biltmore as an escape from everyday life. Now, you are invited to explore that escape for yourself. A visit to the 8,000-acre estate in the mountains of Asheville, North Carolina provides limitless fun.
Your admission includes self-guided tours of the breathtaking Biltmore House & Gardens and the Antler Hill Village—featuring the Winery, The Biltmore Legacy, Village Green, and Farm. Play in their backyard with an array of outdoor activities, indulge in one-of-a-kind shopping, and savor their restaurants' exceptional fare. Visit Biltmore in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, NC and let their gracious hospitality inspire you.
Historic Downtown Hendersonville is more than just a business district. It is the heart of an economically and culturally vibrant mountain community.
Take any day of the year to walk the 16 blocks that constitute Historic Downtown Hendersonville and you’ll find a place bustling with the activity of work and play. Cruise, on foot or in your car, the distinctive serpentine Main Street for an introduction to our mix of specialty shops, art galleries, funky-to-formal restaurants and vibrant entertainment venues all while enjoying free outdoor Wi-Fi. Whether it is serving as the core of the North Carolina Apple Festival over Labor Day weekend, kicking off spring with the Tulip Extravaganza and Garden Jubillee or highlighting the holidays with the Holiday Tree Lighting, downtown is the year round center for celebrating the community’s heritage and diversity.
Downtown Hendersonville Real Cuisine features a wide variety of food with many cultural flavors. We are a home to Old fashioned diners, original sandwich shoppes, coffee houses, desserts-only; from funky to formal, pubs to international; you’ll find many options to feed your appetite . We even offer the first pet friendly diner! Your Real Cuisine does not have to end when you leave Main Street. Bring your Real Cuisine experience home through our cooking and wine making and tasting classes.
It has been said that a community without art is a community without soul. In our welcome letter to Downtown Hendersonville, we said that our Main Street is our heart and soul.
Downtown Hendersonville Art Galleries house a creative collection of visual art. Our gallery owners promote and recognize the human capital investment that is displayed in each piece: from pencil, oil, pottery, photography, sculpture, and even music. Our gallery owners also have immeasurable knowledge of the local Artists and any items that may be of interest to you.
Antiquing is a life style; its an Art of it’s own. Downtown Hendersonville provides a range of Antique Galleries, each offering a collective of nostalgic items from the yester-years. Items of rarity, beauty, and charm; some of value beyond your expectation. Any one of these Treasures, when found, could bring a personal connection from the past or even an emotional connection. Exploring for craftsmanship and quality, or simply appreciation for our past treasures is certainly to be found in Downtown Hendersonville.
Comfort relaxation and fun, it's all here.
- 2747 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Master Bath has a jacuzzi tub and separate shower.
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- The house is fenced in on one side and in the back for pet safety. Raccoons are in the neighborhood and other wild creatures but are frightened away by people and dogs. Willow is a small female that comes around when she thinks I am home. She first came as an abandoned baby and I fed her away from other raccoons. She may show up late at night looking for a bite to eat. I call her Willow. I am not encouraging anyone to try to catch or pet any wild animal, they are cute but still wild. Use your better judgement. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fly Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Climbing
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Botanical Garden
- Wildlife Viewing
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- -Waterfalls and hiking trails at Dupont State Park 20 minutes south on Kanuga Drive. -Jump Off Rock Park at the top of Laurel Park Mountain just up the mountais located has 3 levels of Hiking Trails and views of 3 states is just up the mountain from this residence. -Biltmore Mansion of Asheville 20 minutes north. Biltmore Estate is a large private estate and tourist attraction in Asheville, North Carolina. Biltmore House, the main house on the estate, is a Châteauesque-styled mansion built by George Washington Vanderbilt II between 1889 and 1895 and is the largest privately owned house in the United States, at 178,926 square feet (16,622.8 m2) and featuring 250 rooms. Still owned by one of Vanderbilt's descendants, it stands today as one of the most prominent remaining examples of the Gilded Age, and of significant gardens in the jardin a la francaise and English Landscape garden styles in the United States. In 2007, it was ranked eighth in America's Favorite Architecture by the American Institute of Architects. -Beautiful Lake Lure, North Carolina The lake is approximately 720 acres, with about twenty-one miles of shoreline. National Geographic has called Lake Lure one of the most beautiful man-made lakes in the world. Located in Western North Carolina, Lake Lure sits in the heart of Hickory Nut Gorge. East of Asheville, the Rocky Broad River tears its way in a series of rapids down through Hickory Nut Gap. This crystal clear water flows through a valley shaped roughly in the form of a Maltese cross to make Lake Lure. -A little history about Laurel Park NC; The late 1800's saw the beginnings of what is now the Town of Laurel Park with the construction of summer cottages, inns, camps, and recreation areas around the lakes on the lower slopes of Echo Mountain. By 1903, a rail line had been built up Fifth Avenue in Hendersonville to bring day-trippers and summer visitors to Rainbow Lake to enjoy swimming, boating, dancing, camping, and gambling at the Laurel Park Casino. Later, another rail line and a canal connected Rainbow Lake with Laurel Lake (Rhododendron Lake), and a counter-balanced railway took sightseers from Crystal Spring (near Rainbow Lake) to an observation tower for views of downtown Hendersonville and near and distant mountains. After the stock market crash, the town slowly transitioned from a summer recreational resort to a town noted for its year-round scenic beauty and lovely residential areas dotted with small lakes and pocket parks. -The legend of Jump-Off Rock Several legends exist to account for Jump-Off Rock's name; all seem to involve Indian maidens. The most prevalent is the story of a young Cherokee maiden who often met her Cherokee lover here. When he had to leave for a tribal war, they promised to meet at the Rock on his return. Every evening the maiden climbed to the rock to watch for her lover. One day, warriors returning from the battle brought news of her lover's death. That evening she climbed the Rock, went out to the edge, and jumped. Legend has it that on some moonlit nights, her ghost can be seen looking for her lover on Jump-Off Rock Main street is a couple of minutes drive lined with great restaurants like Umi's one of the best Japanese Steak House we have been to including Florida to New York. West First is on First street offering some of the best gourmet brick oven pizzas, fresh fish, gourmet breads and salads, not to mention their wines. Never Blue is another favorite you must check out right around the corner from West First right on Main Street. Take a horse and buggy ride all through Hendersonville or just up and down Main Street. In the Highlands, just a few minutes drive you will find a lake and fine dining at Season's Restaurant. You won't find Season's Restaurant on a busy street or highway. Nestled inside the 26 acres of Historic Highland Lake Inn, Season's is far removed from the daily noise and hustle of everyday life, yet still only five minutes from the quaint shops of downtown Hendersonville. With friends and family; you can enjoy an extraordinary meal with friendly service, while also taking in the beautiful, natural setting that surrounds you. Season's is known for its use of fresh ingredients, many of which come directly from the on-site organic garden. By combining passion for sustainability and amazing flavor, Season's helps protect the environment and the economy by utilizing local food sources. My family enjoyed the amazing Holiday Brunch Buffet that had a multitude of delicious selections.George Vanderbilt created Biltmore as an escape from everyday life. Now, you are invited to explore that escape for yourself. A visit to the 8,000-acre estate in the mountains of Asheville, North Carolina provides limitless fun. Your admission includes self-guided tours of the breathtaking Biltmore House & Gardens and the Antler Hill Village—featuring the Winery, The Biltmore Legacy, Village Green, and Farm....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 27 - Dec 1
4 night min stay
Dec 27 - Jan 1
4 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
No 4 wheel drive is required to get to this property unless deep snow or ice is indicated by weather reports. Roads are regularly maintained. Rates are subject to change until payment is verified.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Asheville Regional at 18 Miles
- Nearest Train: Downtown Hendersonville at 3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 26 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Lake Lure at 17 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Mezzaluna Bar and Grill at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Maggie Valley at 50 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Laurel Park Golf and Country Club at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Laurel Park Shopping Center at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Hello, My name is Carol Sue Rios and my Husband is Robert Reynolds. We've been married 40 years. My Husband Robert works in Miami at the Turkey Point Nuclear Power Plant as a Site Superintendent for Nuclear Construction. I am a Spiritual Counselor. When I purchased this home in 2005 we had planned to retire here and that day may come but right now we are both busy in South Florida at our Florida home located in Palm Beach Gardens right around the block from our two little grand boys ages three and five.
Why the Owner Chose Hendersonville:
We thought this property would make an ideal vacation home for so many families like it has for our family. Most of our Holiday family gatherings have been here. Christmases were held here and the more the merrier. The ladies would congregate upstairs and the men would retire to the sports and beer family room downstairs. Games were a blast that included the whole family.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I knew when I stepped into this house it was for me... I felt completely welcome as if I had lived there before. When I have visitors they comment on how relaxing the home feels. I never used to fall asleep during the day, but either the crisp mountain air or just the feel of the home gives a cozy comfy feeling especially sitting by the window and watching the squirrels fly from tree to tree, the monarch butterflies, humming birds and bees in Spring, the baby raccoons whom I have fed from time to time. The close proximity to all the local establishments and the warmth of the local people. It is my wish you can experience a part of that charm and warmth.
- Primary: +1 561-339-7573
Links to more information:
Get Cozy in the Smokies. Close to all attractions in a private setting.
upper living room has danish futon and large sofa, views of 100 foot trees.
All Electric Appliances major and minor, coffee maker, large 4 bagel toaster+
Trundle bed in bedroom 3. looks out over rhododendron bushes and azaleas.
2nd Bedroom different angle
wood burning fireplace
Small Futon in upstairs living room where the sides fold down.
Side covered porch surrounded by huge azalea bushes, just off dining room
lake lure is 20 minutes east with public beach w/ kiddy fountains, swimming area
Downtown Asheville, just 20 miles north on I-26
Lush vegetation and cool breezes.
Dining area off large living room and kitchen.
Master Bedroom with deck
two recliners, one at the end of sofa, with sofa bed at the other end.
View at the top of Laurel Park. Jump off Rock elevation 3300 ft. View of SC & GA
The Biltmore Estate built by George Vanderbilt 8000 acre incl. winery, dining, +
So many festivals and craft fairs all through the seasons
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 16, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!