See the Ocean, Feel the Breeze
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Salt Cay cottage description
The cottage is located conveniently in the heart of the 'North Side' of Salt Cay. Built of stone in Bermudian fashion, the cottage features an exposed beam ceiling and an open plan living space. Two bedrooms and a sofa bed in the living room can accommodate up to 6 persons comfortably. A fully equipped kitchen with amenities is yours to use during your stay. Enjoy happy hour and meals on your own front patio. This home is located a block from the water, the local beach, and “Deane’s dock”, where at least 6 boats might be moored. Equally close are the 'Island Thyme' restaurant, the “Coral Cafe' waterside bar and restaurant and “Netty’s” Store.
- 900 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Whale Watching
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- The beaches. Above all, the unspoiled beaches are a must!!! Snorkeling and SCUBA diving. Pristine coral reefs and unspoiled waters surround the island. Diving is just a 5 minute boat ride offshore to the 7,000 foot vertical wall. Whale sharks are known to cruise the waters of the Turks Islands Passage along the wall, relentlessly enchanting divers. Local Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine has rated Salt Cay in the top 100 in the world as 'best wall diving. Salt Cay also ranked in the top 5 in the world under the categories: Top Dive Destination ,Top Macro Life, Top Fish Life, Top Advanced Diving , Healthiest Marine Life and Top Underwater Photography. Whalewatching. Humpback whales migrate through Salt Cay every year from January through April. They can be clearly seen from shore or by booking a whale watching tour. Cultural heritage. Salt Cay is a cultural treasure, featuring remnants of the 19th-century salt industry, with its windmills relics, salt sheds and salinas. Birdwatching. The salt salinas on Salt Cay are host to many native species and, in season, many migratory species. Native and migrating wading and water birds gather in the mangrove and low tidal areas on the south side of the island, inner salinas and the beaches ringing the island. Visiting Grand Turk. TCI’s charming capital, good for day tripping: culture, shopping, more beautiful beaches ! Island boat 3 times weekly. Cotton Cay. This island is adjacent to Salt Cay and is a short trip, by boat. A must see. Excursions may be arranged locally....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Please note that the rates quoted apply to two persons only. The rates scale upwards based on occupancy:
3-4 persons: 150.00 per night 900.00 per week+ 12% (gov. tax)
5-6 persons: 175.00 per night 1.050.00 per week+ 12%(gov. tax)
- Tax Rate 12%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: SLX at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Dean's Dock at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Dean's Dock at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Porter's Island Thyme at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Porter's Island Thyme at 0.1 Miles
Beautiful North Beach, all yours!
More North beach
Closest beach, 1/2 block from the cottage....
The Purple Conch Cottage at lowlight
Indoor living area
Get married on North Beach, we did...
Old windmills on the salt ponds
Hidden beach, south side
Dean's Dock and the Captain Haddock (red boat), 1/2 block from cottage
Visitors to the Purple Conch Cottage
Look who is coming to dinner...
View from Taylor Hill, old whaling station
Dean's Dock at sunset
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, October 06, 2013