Spanish Steps 3 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Ample Terrace Silent Well Equipped
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:4-6 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Piazza di Spagna (Spanish Steps) apartment description
This well appointed and large apartment with patio is highly central, and conveniently located between the Spanish Steps, Rome’s iconic quarter and the Pantheon*. It is thus perfectly located in the very centre of old Rome: all the sights will be literally around the property and at walking distance.
The apartment is 130 Sq. Meters large (app. 1300 square Ft.) plus , plus a 30 Sq. Mts. (300 Sq. Ft.) patio with tables and chairs.
The property is utterly silent as it is nestled between two internal courts, which is quite rare in Rome.
It is situated at the second European floor (it would be the third in the US), with easy steps to climb.
The apartment comprises:
- a fine sitting room,
- a terrace with table / chairs to dine out 'al fresco'
The sleeping arrangements are as follows:
- three fine double bedrooms (master bedroom with double bed, twin beds room, bunked beds room).
- an ample sofa bed in the sitting room, for a 6th or 7th person (please also read below about the sleeping arrangements for larger parties).
There is a small, but separate, functional and well equipped kitchen, two bathrooms (bathtub, shower box respectively), three ample and long corridors.
complete the apartment.
The apartment is well furnished and appointed, in pristine conditions.
The equipment includes:
- large, brand new 37 inches Sony colour TV of the model 'Bravia', with satellite dish enabling international and English speaking channels (FoxNews, CNN, BBC, Bloomberg etc.).
- normal landline phone, with free outgoing calls to all Italian regular phone numbers!
- internet WI-FI fast connection,
- independent heating
- washing machine / iron / iron board
- air conditioning (and also a ceiling ventilator to generate breeze) in every room
- stereo with compact disc, tape deck, tuner
- American electric coffee percolator (and naturally Italian coffee pots).
- 230 sq. ft.
- On floor 2
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Children Welcome
- Smoking Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
- Matrimonial bed: the sizes are length 190 centimeters x width 160 centimeters (or 75 x 63 inches). Each singe and each bunked beds size are: length 190 cm. x width 80 cm. (or 75 x 32 inches). The double sofa bed in the sitting room has the same size of the double bed in the matrimonial bedroom. The crib bed is adequate for babies up to 9 months-1 year. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
In addition to the dining area in the sitting room there is also a dining table with chairs in the terrace, sitting 6 persons comfortably, and you can bring also other chairs from the sitting room....moreless
- Air Conditioning:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
Satellite / Cable:
Satellite dish, enabling to watch channels of many countries and languages, incl. English (BBC, Sky News), American (Fox News, CNN, Bloomberg), French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, German, Arabic etc....moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Mountain Biking
- Equestrian Events
- Theme Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- This large and well appointed apartment is located in Rome's most iconic area, the Spanish Steps (yet it is also near the Pantheon, considered Rome's perfect center. It is famous for its sinuous, elegant and mesmerizing steps, but also for its richness of sights, for its closeness to the Borghese Gardens, for its numberless fine shops, restaurants, and cafes. The quarter was home to England's famous poets as Percy B. Shelley and John Keats, and also to Byron, which made it a stop of the Grand Tour first started by Thomas Cook, and which brought 'tourists' (first time the term was used) from London across Italy by coach. From a poor working class quarter it soon became world-wide acclaimed. An Italian Pope pioneered the area, assigning the task to an Italian architect Francesco Salvi to design the famous steps, which were financed by a French king as they lead to a convent of French nuns in Piazza della Trinità dei Monti. The name however originates from the presence of the Spanish Embassy to the Holy See, the first to open in the 18th century in Rome. The Spanish Steps area is a most charming place to stay, with its events, its shops and boutiques, the very pleasant environment - the Steps lead to Europe's most ancient park called Villa Borghese (Borghese Gardens), where you also find an equestrian sport stadium, a little lake where you can hire a boat to row, a terrace with spectacular views of all Rome, an area where children play, and the famous Borghese Museum. You can sense here 'La dolce vita' more than anywhere else. There are also beautiful churches and sights. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
An excellent family-friendly apartment
An excellent family-friendly apartment
Fifth Rome visit, on this occasion the whole family (6) gathered. We found the apartment ideal: wife and myself slept in the master bedroom, our parents in the twin bedroom, and the kids just loved the bunked bedroom. We truly appreciated that the property was silent as advertised, it was a respite from Rome's center hustle. The apartment is ample, right in the center, with shops, a veg market, supermarket all in close range. Every morning the first waking up would go to Dangelo's and bring back yummy cakes of all kinds, so we had gorgeous breakfasts in the patio. There are many fantastic restaurants around (especially those Mauro recommended), yet one night we had a lovely dinner in the patio. We walked all over and showed most Rome's sights to our parents, they are all scattered around the apartment, which made our "work" easier. It was hard work... blissful as it gets.
- Guest Greenplanet (US/Europe)
- Date of stay 08/14/13
- Review Submitted 09/01/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children, sightseeing.
Manager response: We thank you for staying with us, it was indeed our pleasure hosting you, and we particularly appreciated your love and your knowledge of Rome. A big "Ciao" to the kids, we hope that they will be able to find good "gelato" now that you are back home.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Low winter November - December
Nov 2 - Dec 19, 2013
5 night min stay
|Xmas - New Year
Dec 20 - Dec 27, 2013
6 night min stay
|Low winter January-February
Jan 7 - Feb 10, 2014
4 night min stay
Feb 11 - Apr 14, 2014
4 night min stay
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
It may vary depending on the importance of the season, however in general a 20% deposit is due (by means of a bank wire), the balance is paid upon arrival at the apartment and rental beginning.
- Taxes Included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Ciampino 9 Mi., Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci 19 Mi. at 9 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Civitavecchia Cruise port at 55 Miles
- Nearest Train: Termini main train station at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Ring of Rome aka Grande Raccordo Anulare (G.R.A.) at 7 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Ostia-CastelPorziano protected reserve free beach at 12 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: 'D'Angelo' bar-cafe and street bar at 5 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Terminillo ski resort at 50 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Rome Golf Club AcquaSanta at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Il Re degli Amici at 20 Metres
Year Purchased: 1990
About: We are a couple of architects, who love renovating properties. We used to live in this property, and we loved it and its unique location. We had to move in the countryside near Rome as we now have two dogs. Our studio is still in downtown Rome.
Why Piazza di Spagna (Spanish Steps):
It is uniquely and perfectly central, right in the middle of the historical center. It is situated in the Spanish Steps quarter (Rome's most chic and iconic nowadays) yet also close to the Pantheon (Rome's perfect center). The apartment is ample, inviting, absolutely silent, with three convenient bedrooms and two bathrooms, separate sitting-dining room and kitchen. The terrace is ample, partly shaded (also with a 'lanai' in summer), with many plants, and it is ideal to have breakfast and meals 'al fresco'. Very near you find Rome's most beautiful park, the Borghese Gardens ('Villa Borghese'), which include a playground for children, an esplanade with panoramic views of Rome, the Borghese Museum, lake with boats for hire, the Zoo; You also find very near many groceries, a supermarket (a rarity, in the Spanish Steps area), and also a veg market. You will also find countless restaurants and cafes, catering to all tastes and wallets. We will also give you a list of our recommended restaurants, cafes, supermarkets and shops. The equipment includes air conditioning and heating in all rooms, internet Wi-Fi, landline telephone with free calls to all Italian numbers, satellite dish TV to watch also English speaking channels (CNN, FoxNews, BBC etc.) but also of other countries, washing machine, American coffee percolator, toaster, iron, iron board etc. There is also excellent transport to anywhere in town (though all sights are at walking distance): the subway line A stop SPAGNA is very near, also electric buses will bring you anywhere. The taxi stand is at a stone's throw.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
- Unique central location: all Rome's sights will be near at walking distance; - Near Rome's most beautiful park, the Borghese Gardens, which include a playground for children, terrace overlooking Rome, Borghese Museum, lake with boats for hire; - Size: it is an ample three double bedroom apartment; - Two full bathrooms; - Terrace, ample and ideal for meals 'al fresco'. - Completely SILENT property; - Excellent equipment (AC, heating, internet Wi-Fi, phone, kitchen, washer, iron, iron board etc.). - Shops, groceries, supermarket, veg market very near; - Restaurants and cafes suiting all tastes and wallets; - Excellent transport: the subway line stop SPAGNA is very near, also electric bus bringing you anywhere, taxi stand around the corner.
- Primary: + +39 3332 420210 (Italy) Please call during Italian business hours
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
A closer look to the terrace table, to the awnings protecting from sunshine.
Opposite view of the sitting-dining room. To the left, entry to the terrace.
Opposite view of the terrace, as seen from its entry door
Opposite view of the master bedroom, with view of the corridor of the apartment
Opposite view of the twin bedded room.
The foyer and corridor seen from the entry: keys table, wardrobe, rest chairs.
Corridor continuation. Right door is of the kitchen, in the end master bedroom.
The cozy kitchen seen from its door.
Master bedroom seen from its door. Notice the elegant wooden paneling.
The second, full bathroom, with shower enclosure, and all elements.
Corridor encircling all rooms: to the right master bathr., to the left sitting r
Floor plan of the apartment, situated between two silent gardens / courts.
The inviting sitting-dining r., with doors open to master bedr. and to terrace.
The terrace entry, its table to dine outdoors, the awnings protecting sunlight.
View of the master bedroom from its entry door. Its window faces a silent court
The quiet and fresh twin bedroom, facing a silent internal court.
The cozy and charming bunked bedroom, with en-suite bathroom.
Opposite view of the entry door-foyer, and of its wardrobe / keys table / chair
Opposite view of the elegant corridor. Left door leads to the kitchen.
Kitchen opposite view, with view of stove, fridge, American coffee percolator.
Master bedroom, other view: bathtub with hand-held shower, marble paneling, sink
Opposite view of the second, full bathroom.
The quiet corridor to the 2nd and 3rd bedr., and to the 2nd terrace entrance.
The intriguing Via della Croce street near the Spanish Steps, in winter
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 22, 2013