Awesome Views, Everyone Be Happy, Happy, Happy!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Samara house description
This Home has 3 LG Bedrooms 3 &1/2 Very LG Bath Rms and about 3,500 sq.ft. of living space. Spacious with lg individual bathrooms for each bedroom and each bedroom is furnished with a queen size bed and other amenities. This home comes with a fully equipped Chef's kitchen with a pass through window to the outside sitting and eating areas by the crystal clear infinity swimming pool overlooking the panoramic lush mountain tropical vegetation and the Pacific Ocean. There are Views, Views and more Views! Howling Black Face Monkeys are often in site from the house. Three of Central America's top rated award winning beaches are visible from the spectacular vistas from all living areas of the house (Playa Samara, Playa Carrillo and Playa Buena Vista). Mel Gibson's $23.5 million dollar Costa Rica Estate is only about 15 kilometers down the road. The living area has a large flat screen TV including a Dish set up available with both English and Espanol programing. The master bath has a whirlpool bathtub and the other bathrooms are large enough to stretch out and relax. The house is an expansive open plan but is separated enough to offer privacy and quiet for each bedroom. One bedroom is a separate Cabana with its own stand alone small coffee bar and toaster oven & fridge. This is a gated community with excellent security and management. The house has it's own separate second remote controlled gate for added security and privacy. With the resort Town of Playa Samara only 15 minutes or about 9 Kilometers away, this location offers all the beach town entertainment & amenities, but you can still have all the feelings of a small, friendly, non crowded, secluded and private location. The Howling Monkeys serve as a great alarm clock nearly each morning and evening. As you arrive at the front gate of the house you will notice the beautiful well manicured landscaping with a majestic cascading rock retainer wall, vines, trees, palms, fruit trees, flowers, coffee bean bushes and bright cheerful tropical house colors. The house is adorned with a variety of tropical colors all designed to make our vacationers, 'Happy, Happy, Happy'! The detailed Infinity swimming pool highlights the back of the house and offsets the large outside living area and deck, all with the most spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean. Imagine yourself sitting in a light tropical mountain breeze by the pool sipping a cup of coffee or glass of wine. The house was designed and built by a very respected and experienced architect and builder. The builder currently lives on the project and continues to offer local onsite property management along with regular onsite maintenance. Garden services and cleaning services are managed onsite with very friendly and quick attention. Samara is easy to get to by flying in to the smaller less crowded commercial airport (yet recently expanded & remodeled) at Liberia, about an hour and a half from Montana Samara. The house and the location has way too many amenities to mention in this description but feel free to look it up outside of the VRBO site on the award winning Development site, Montana Samara.
Also note that the larger town of Nicoya is located only about 25 minutes away (34 kilometers) and offers much shopping, hospital services, more restaurants, groceries, and many other necessary services while Samara offers many of the same things, just on a smaller beach town scale. Entertainment available is, zip lines/canopy tours, horseback riding, bike and Quad rentals, fitness center, mountain hiking, beach combing, beach restaurants, surfing and much more, etc., etc. Come vacation in Cost Rica at 'Casa Tropical de Montana'! You won't be sorry. Our moto is to make all vacationers/Visitors, 'Happy, Happy, Happy'.
PS. We can also hook you up with a wonderful English Speaking Christian Center/Fellowship Sunday Services if interested (Samara ChristianCenter on Facebook, or simply look up Samara Christian Center.
With love, Herb & Loretta Hawkins, Owners
- 3500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Pets Not Allowed:
Even though the owners are very pet friendly and own dogs of their own, they prefer to dissallow all pets as this is their dream vacation home which is very new. We want to keep it nice and new and pet clear for awhile....moreless
Non Smoking Only:
The home is very new and the owners would like to keep it new and smoke free for awhile. Please smoke outside if you must. Must pick up and clean up any butts from outside or the security deposit could be involked....moreless
Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Older children 12 and up with parents or adult are welcome while the booking renters need to be at least 28 yrs of age. There are some steep drop offs probably not suited for small children....moreless
- Wheelchair Accessible:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
- All bedrooms oversized with queen beds, night stands and sitting areas. Master BdRm has a computer desk and TV with DVD Player (TV in master BR has a built in DVR but is not hooked up to the satellite). The third Bedroom (separate Cabana) has a small computer desk and a small TV with built in DVR, but no satellite hook up. Only the Living room TV is equipped with satellite. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
Full Chefs Kitchen in main house open to the dinning and living rooms with a 'bar counter and stools', also provided are most dishes and cooking utensils.A small kitchenette in Cabana with coffee bar....moreless
4 @ breakfast table inside the house. 4 seating at kitchen counter/bar, and multiple seating out side. The Cabana has a full dinning tabel with stools which can be moved for outside dining if desired....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
A/C in all bedrooms. Can be operated on timers and should/need only be used while present in rooms. The house location on a mountain ridge lends itself to cool breezes and usually does not need A/C....moreless
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
60' flat screen TV and Blue Ray DVR Player in living room, 42' flat TV with Built in DVR in Master Bed Room, and a 22' small TV with built in DVR in Cabana. No satellite service in Master or Cabana....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Music Library:
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
Spectacular, Panoramic outline views of several popular beaches, Playa Samara, Playa Buana Vista, and Playa Carillo. Beaches are all an easily accessible drive down the mountain about 5 kilometers....moreless
Playa Samara Town 6 kilometers with many resort amenities, i.e., zips, atv's, quads, fitness center, groceries, shops, restaurants, realtors, bars, beaches and beach vendors; but never too crowded!...moreless
- Ocean View:
- Mountain View:
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Water Tubing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Botanical Garden
- Horseback Riding
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Our 3 bed room, 3.5 bath home is located in Samara Montana Estates Development only about 2Kilometers off of a hard surface road and sits near the top of the development up the mountain on a ridge looking out to the southwest over the Pacific Ocean. Unlike many developments in Costa Rica, Samara Montana does not have a lot of money in a fancy entrance and the 2 Kilometer drive up the mountain on the dirt road can seem to be a little challenging but it really isn't too bad. The road is maintained fairly well. The trip to the beach town of Playa Samara is only about 6 or 7 Kilometers and only takes about 10 to 15 minutes, mostly on hard surface. From Samara, you go about 3.5 Kilometers north on Hwy 150 to the turn to San Fernando, go left about 1 Kilometer to the sign and turn to Samara Montana and follow the road about 2 Kilometers to the development manager and the first electric gate. The security is very good and you will always feel comfortable while inside the development. The Samara, Nicoya, Guanacaste area is a very inviting part of Costa Rica with a great friendly local/Teco flare. The managers, Lubos & Cynthia, will give you your gate keys and the house keys and give you any other instructions. There are frequent black face howling monkey sightings at the house and the infinity pool along with the outdoor living space with spectacular mountain and Ocean views is so inviting you may not ever want to leave the house but if you do, there is a host of activities and restaurants down in the beach town. Some activities very nearby are horseback riding on the beach, kayaking to the nearby island from Playa Samara, Surfing and surfing lessons, Canopy or zip line tours, Shops, restaraunts, bars, yoga centers, excersise center, health food, Christian Center activities and much much more! At seasonal times there are turle farms and whale watching tours as well. Our house is fairly new, completed middle of 2013, and we are still working to stock up on brochures, maps and other informational items but there is no shortage of brochures down in town at the grocery store or many of the restaraunts, shops and information booths. More information to come soon. If you have any additional questions feel free to email us. We look forward to opening up our home to the VRBO clientel. God Bless and good luck in your vacation endevours. Herb & Loretta Hawkins...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
$1540 per week ($220/nt) up to 3 wks and $1365 per week for 4 weeks and up. Regularly $250 per night. Minimum stay, 3 days. Maximum stay per visit, 56 days or 8 weeks. Three day week end stays and some holidays may be slightly more, $280 per night, Thanksgiving holiday at $290 per night. Rates may change depending on economy, etc. but no changes will be made after a reservation is accepted.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $250
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Liberia at 90 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Puntaranus at 120 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 150 at 2.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Playa Samara, Playa Buena Vista, Playa Carrillo at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: A large Variety at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: A large Variety at 5 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Mr. & Mrs. W. Herb Hawkins - I am a recently retired Petroleum Engineer from Texas who changed careers later in life to build a warehouse business in NW Arkansas, where I also met and married my lovely wife, Loretta. Our blended family has matured and our three children have all grown and moved away, leaving us as 'empty nesters' (our dogs are our children now). The wife and I have just sold the warehouse business and are in the process of moving to our retirement dream home in the Mountains of Wyoming (Star Valley, Afton, WY south of Jackson Hole). We built our second dream vacation home in Samara, Costa Rica and hope to spend our time traveling between Wyoming and Costa Rica now that our business is winding down. We find the two extremes, snow to tropical, offers us the most adventurous variety although we've found that there are a lot of similarities in Afton, WY and Samara, Costa Rica. No, not the weather, but much of the slower paced, friendly people and stress free, life style are very much alike! God has blessed us well and we'd love to share a little bit of our blessings by offering you an opportunity to stay in our home in Costa Rica. My wife and I are Christians and would love to talk to you about our faith and can suggest a lovely English speaking Christian Center in the Town of Samara. God bless, and we hope things work out for all our potential visitors. As we've said before, our new favorite saying, coming from our new favorite reality show, is, 'Be Happy, Happy, Happy!' DUCK DYNESTY
Why the Owner Chose Samara:
Great location, great views, great infinity pool, great new house, great amenities, great region, great Country, great people, great manager, overall great Place! In all honesty, you might find several places in or around Samara which are nice but we would love to have you stay at our abode. We can all be Happy, Happy, Happy!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Even though the internet service is not all that reliable, we do have a prepaid internet modem and router available at the home. When the internet service is working, we also have a telephone set up that can be plugged in to your lap top with a 'Magic Jack' VOIP telephone service or some other type of internet communication like 'Skype', etc.. We also have a prepaid 'SKY' sattelite dish with a 60' TV with a moderate TV program service. We have A/C in each bedroom for quick cooling down if the weather gets a little too hot, although the high elevation mountain location and the cool water pool, generally provides all the cooling you need in this tropical paradise! We also have bright, happy, tropical colors throughout and an extra remote security gate, all to give a happy, secure feel. Lastly, the views are to die for and the managers and people are wonderfully friendly!
- Primary: +1 479-531-4648 No Sunday Calls Please
- Secondary: +1 479-636-7851
- Tertiary: +1 479-621-3622 No Sunday Calls Please
Links to more information:
Back of House - picture shot from a Gyrocopter out of the Flying Crocodile!
Resident Monkey - Picture actually taken from front drive way of House.
Front of House with Columned Car Port and New Orleans southern style Iron works.
Gyrocopter view, Samara Costa Rica, also seen from House
Whirlpool Tub time!
Flying Tours only a few Kilometers from the house (Me & Gyrocopter Pilot)
Check the smiles on Loretta and Me Madre, Helen Hawkins 86 Yrs. Young! Happy
Small waterfall, a very short hike out front door. Everybody be Happy, Happy!
Kitchen in distance, inside breakfast area and living are in foreground.
The pool looks inviting. Jump in!
Soaking up the Sun at the beach in front of LaVilla LaTina!
Another Gyrocopter view of house - Roofs in Great Shape!
Tropical Island Garden as you come through the front House Gate.
Gyrocopter view up from Carrillo Beach.
All major bathrooms have the double bowl sinks. These are cut marble bowls.
Horses go by while watching the surfers do their thing!
Beautiful Surf! Happy Happy Happy!
At Beach Restaurant with Madre, Esposa and Hermana, June 2013
Master Bathroom Counter - Tropical colors to keep the Happy, Happy, attitude.
Double arched front door and large living area. You won't feel crowded in here!
Okay, you don't want to jump in, just walk on in. The water's great!
The pool is relaxing and will keep a smile on your face, Be Happy, Happy, Happy!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, November 29, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!