Number 1 Rented Oceanfront Home on Sxm-Private-on the Water
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Simpson Bay house description
HI - IM RICK
Seaside Retreat is One of the Top Rented Vacation Homes on St Maarten. Generally occupied 52 Weeks a Year and One of the Most Popular Areas on Sxm to Rent which is Simpson Bay/ Beacon Hill area.
See the 24 Pictures and Features Below and You Will Know Why. Please Book Early as Dates Are Not Reserved Until We Receive Your Rental Confirmation Agreement. A 50% Deposit is Due at Confirmation and Balance Due 60 Days Prior to Arrival. Check in Time is 3Pm and Checkout Time is 10AM
*****PLEASE CHECK PRICING AND AVAILABILITY CALENDAR BELOW BEFORE INQUIRING*****
The 2nd Story 4th Bedroom Upstairs is a 2000 Square. Foot(45x45 feet) Penthouse Suite ( Open Floor Plan- Loft Style ) 15 FT High Beamed Ceilings with 3 Covered Balconys, 2 in the front facing sunset and 1 in the rear facing sunrise. All are Facing the Water from east to west. A Large bedroom, Bathroom with Jacuzzi, Large Shower, sink, refrigerator and Table, office area and Large sitting Areas. A great View of the Water, Sunrises and Sunsets. No House on the Point is Taller Than Seaside Retreat.
**************************** FEATURES ******************************
* DIRECTLY ON THE WATER, POOL AND PATIO OVERLOOK THE BLUE/GREEN CARIBBEAN
* MOST DESIRABLE AREA TO RENT ON ST MAARTEN- BEACON HILL/SIMPSON BAY
* INCREDIBLE VIEWS OF THE CARIBBEAN, SIMPSON BAY,MOUNTAINS & SOME ISLANDS
* WELCOME BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE,WATER,& PICKIES,
* LESS THAN 1 MILE FROM MAHOS SHOPPING, CASINO & 20+ RESTAURANTS , 3 NIGHTCLUBS & SHOPPING
* VERY PRIVATE PATIO AND POOL AREA FOR SUNBATHING AND RELAXING
* 4 xtra LARGE MASTER SUITES WITH SITTING AREAS
* 3 OF THE BATHROOMS HAVE JACUZZI TUBS AND ALL HAVE DOUBLE SINKS
* SEPARATE SHOWER AND TOILET AREAS IN ALL SUITES
* ELECTRONIC SAFES IN ALL SUITES FOR PERSONNAL BELONGINGS
* ALL 4 BEDROOMS HAVE KING SIZE BEDS
* 1 EXTRA KING DAYBED-1 EXTRA QUEEN BLOW UP- 1 EXTRA SINGLE DAYBED - 1 SINGLE FOLD UP -1 CRIB & CAR SEAT
* A/C AND CEILING FANS IN EVERY ROOM OF THE HOUSE
* CABLE TV, DVD, CD PLAYER W/MP3 WITH PATIO SPEAKERS
* LIBRARY OF BOOKS, DVDS, CDS FOR ENJOYMENT
* FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN, BAR AREA, ICE MAKER, BLENDER, EVERYTHING NEEDED
* WASHER/DRYER ROOM, IRONS AND IRONING BOARDS, HAIR DRYERS AND CURLING IRONS
* PATIO FURNITURE AND PLENTY OF LOUNGE CHAIRS
* COVERED PATIO/VERANDA FOR OUTDOOR DINING AND SHADE
* COMPLETE TILED PATIO AND TERRACE AREAS THAT OVER HANG THE BLUE/GREEN CARIBBEAN
* PROPERTY HAS 9FT FRONT WALL AND SIDEWALLS FOR PRIVACY & SECURITY
* PARKING ON PROPERTY FOR 2-3 CARS WITH AUTOMATIC REMOTED GATE
* VERY PRIVATE, SECURE, QUIET NEIGHBORHOOD ON PENINSULA. STREET IS GATED AND GUARDED FROM 6PM-6AM NIGHTLY
* BEACH TOWELS FOR USE ON THE BEACH
* HOUSEKEEPER COMES 2 TIMES DURING A 1 WEEK STAY
* UNLIMITED PHONE CALLS TO/FROM THE USA AND WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE
Seaside Retreat is your private escape from civilization.This st maarten villa rental is directly on the water. A 5000 S.F. quiet spacious tropical Caribbean retreat, perched atop a sea cliff with the waves breaking 30 feet directly below your patio and has spectacular panoramic views of Simpson Bay, mountains,the islands of Saba, St Kitts, st. Barths and the Caribbean Sea.
Watch the awesome sunrises and cruise ships arriving early morning or do some incredible star gazing in the evening from your large private pool deck and 3 terrace areas while sitting in your chaise lounge. Enjoy quiet, lazy days lounging by the pool,listening to music on the outdoor cd speakers, take a 5 minute short walk to the closest beach, relax or snorkle along the rocks (SIMPSON BAY BEACH) or participate in the many activities available nearby.
Located on the Dutch side of the island in beacon hill, this 4 bedroom home is only rented to one group at a time, is tastefully decorated, and boasts 4 large master suites with very large bedrooms, Sitting areas, king-sized bedS.
This private home is gated and walled in on 3 sides for privacy, in a private neighborhood that is less than 1 mile from the maho area
beach bars, Casinos, restaurants, entertainment, shopping and the
famous sunset beach bar.
Curl up in one of the lounge chairs with a great book, a cool
tropical drink and the refreshing breezes which come in off the
ocean, or take an afternoon snooze listening to the waves breaking
against the rocks in the shade of a palm tree and awake refreshed and relaxed and ready to party if that is what you choose.
Whether you want to do it all, or do nothing at all, you will find it at Seaside Retreat. Take advantage of this unique vacation property with a 5 million dollar view and you will take away with you the dream of returning to this special place again & again.
Keywords: Vacation house, Villa, Oceanfront, carribean vacation rental, St Maarten vacation rental, private, Retreat, Villa Rental, Best house to rent on st maarten
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 2-12
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning In All rooms, Ceiling fans, VCR/DVD player with library, cd/stereo MP3 ready, with outdoor speakers, Library of books, All linens and Towels provided, Charcoal & gas BBQ, iron and board, Safes in all suites, Hair Dryers, Parking on property with secure gate, Patio/pool area speakers from CD player, hurricane shutters throughout, Asst property mgr lives in separate apt on premises, NOT ALLOWED IN GUEST AREAS and respects your privacy, Maid service is 2 days during you stay....moreless
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
- Free Long Distance
- Wireless Internet
Location & View
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Duty Free Shops
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Rhino Safari boats voted best activity on the island, Make reservation early. Deep Sea Fishing, Bars, Nightclubs, Casinos, Island Day Trips to ST BARTHS, ANGUILLA and OTHERS, Swimming Snorkeling/Diving, , Spas,gym, Hair salon, Live Las Vegas style shows at the casino royale(1 mile), 5 minute walk to private sandy beaches(SIMPSON BAY) and Less than 3/4 mile from the famous SUNSET BEACH BAR For plane landings and takeoffs. Cheris Cafe for nightly Entertainment and dinner. Tantra night club and Bliss night club...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
i sure do miss this location - nothing below spectacular - cannot wait to return to paradise!
- Guest Donna (New York, NY)
- Date of stay 07/04/13
- Review Submitted 08/21/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, girls getaway, pet owners, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Great Escape From Minnesota Winter
Great Escape From Minnesota Winter
Rick, I made the mistake of jumping in the pool with my cell phone in my suit pocket. It made my vacation even better as I did not get any e-mails, texts or calls for the whole week! I have to say that we enjoyed our stay immensely. The pictures on the web do not do the house justice. We had a fantastic time. My wife and I would have loved to stay for another week. Our favorite spot was the Karakter just down the beach. We could walk there, the food was good and service was great. We stayed later one evening and listened to the blues singer. We enjoyed the iguanas (they munched all our carrots) and the hermit crabs and even had a group of dolphins cruise the shore past the house one afternoon. The sunset bar and the airport was a gas and also within walking distance! Jenny was a sweetheart! She took good care of us and helped us out with some tips on where to go, get groceries etc. Hang on to her!! I’m quite sure that Barb, I and the other 3 couples will be making a reservation for next year.
- Guest Jon B (Minnesota, USA)
- Date of stay 02/23/13
- Review Submitted 03/07/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Fantastic experience in St. Martin
Fantastic experience in St. Martin
I stayed at Seaside retreat for a week with 8 friends. We loved the location. The house is great- plenty of space, great pool, great kitchen stocked with all wares, amazing view! I could go on about the view!! The house is in a nice cul-de-sac and was safe. It is within close proximity to a Supermarket/Cafe/Bars/Shopping. The house-keeper was amazing as well, she was very friendly and showered us with hospitality! I would highly recommend Seaside Retreat for your visit to St. Martin!!!
- Guest Shaleen (San Francisco, CA)
- Date of stay 12/29/12
- Review Submitted 01/14/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Amazing house, great location!
Amazing house, great location!
My fiance and I stayed at Sunset Retreat with seven of our friends for a new year's trip to St. Martin. The house was perfect! Lots of space, good kitchen, gas BBQ, pool, and driveway with security gate. The area felt very safe as well.
- Guest Oliver (Tempe, Arizona)
- Date of stay 12/29/12
- Review Submitted 01/08/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
I just spent a glorious week in Rick and Maries beautiful home with my family. No one wanted to leave, it was a week of heaven no doubt. The house was so comfortable and spacious with everything one could want. The views were most certanly spectacular,wonderful to have a private pool to use after long lovely days at the many beautiful beaches.So much to do on the Island and locals so friendly and helpful.From day one we were already thinking of returning it was so hard to leave .I would HIGHLY recommend this fabulous home to anyone you will want to return again and again.
- Guest Victoria (Conklin N.Y USA)
- Date of stay 08/05/12
- Review Submitted 08/16/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
We just returned from a 2 week stay in this villa and have to say it is absolutely perfect in every way. We've stayed at several others on St. Maarten, but none compare to this one. We were pleasantly surprised to see how clean and well kept it was - not so at some of the others. There were 5 adults and 2 toddlers and the villa had plenty of space for everyone. The downstairs bedrooms are all huge. My husband and I had the enormous upstairs penthouse and really enjoyed the privacy it offered. Of the 3 upstairs balconies, our favorite overlooked Simpson Bay. I had my morning coffee there, would read a book or we'd have a drink before turning in at night. It was just incredibly relaxing. Our entire group loved the pool area. It was spacious as well, with plenty of chairs, sunny and shady areas and beautiful plants and palm trees. We spent just about every afternoon there while the little ones took their naps. The villa is located in a perfect area, with lots of nice beaches, bars, casinos and restaurants close by. We're already talking about a return trip and will definitely rent this villa again. Many thanks to Rick and his wife for sharing their little piece of paradise with us!
- Guest CMN (New Berlin, WI)
- Date of stay 04/15/12
- Review Submitted 05/02/12
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, girls getaway, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers.
The pictures for this home do not do it justice! It took our breath away, from the moment we entered the property. We are a group of 8 women who felt safe on the island and very comfortable in this house. The property manager was very helpful and even brought us to the grocery store. We did not rent a car and it was an easy walk to town. We found a very friendly taxi driver (Henry) who brought us around the island a couple of times and he was very reasonable. Personally I wouldn't rent a car...getting around was very easy for our group. The property was clean and all the staff we met were friendly and professional. This is our first time renting a home. Normally we do all inclusive resorts.....never again. We are already planning our return trip and we are definitely going to rent from Rick again. He was easy to deal with and quickly responded to any questions or emails we sent him.
- Guest grammypammy (Reading, Vermont usa)
- Date of stay 03/11/12
- Review Submitted 03/15/12
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, girls getaway, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers.
One to rememberGuest comment entered by owner
One to remember
I knew from the moment we walked into this beautiful house this trip would be one to remember You have an amazing house!We had a great time here in St Maarten. We rented this villa to accomandate 12 wedding guests and had plenty of space for everyone. It was a joy waking up to the beautiful views every morning. We look forward to coming back.
- Guest Donna
- Date of stay 08/05/11
- Review Submitted 01/06/12
We have stayed at Rick & Marie's beautiful home multiple times and we are already planning the next visit. Everytime we return they have updated something. You really have to see this place in person to appreciate the beautiful views. Very private,very quiet,paradise. The food on the Island is very very, good. Pineapple Pete's, Topper's, Cheri's. and many more. Just to many great things to do to mention. Do yourself a favor and make this your next vacation. You will never regret it!!!!!!
- Guest Elaine & Norm Kaminski (Buffalo, New York )
- Date of stay 11/14/11
- Review Submitted 12/19/11
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, girls getaway, romantic getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers.
My SXM Home away from Home
My SXM Home away from Home
This was my 4th time staying with Rick and Marie. Words do not do this home justice. You have to come and experience for yourself. Everything you need is right here including a pet dog and some Iguanas. We loved waking up and heading straight to the pool for a splash. The patio around the pool is great even when it rains. You are so close to many things including Sunset Grill where you can be blown away literally. The upstairs is terrific however my favorite is still the bedroom by the pool :)
- Guest Lori London1 (Outer Banks, NC)
- Date of stay 06/26/11
- Review Submitted 09/22/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, pet owners, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
**2013*2014** (JUL 16-DEC 14)(MAY 14-JUL 15)(DEC 15-MAY13)(DEC 19-JAN 2) 1BR(1-2 GUESTS) $1995/WK $2395/WK $3195/WK $4995/WK 2BR(3-4 GUESTS) $2395/WK $2795/WK $3395/WK $4995/WK 3BR(5-6 GUESTS) $2695/WK $3295/WK $3595/WK $4995/WK 4BR(7-8 W/Penthouse)$3195/WK $3795/WK $3995/WK $5495/WK 9% TAX AND SERVICE NOT INCLUDED IN ABOVE PRICE. 4TH BR-PENTHOUSE SUITE WHEN ONLY RENTING 1-3 BEDROOMS ADD $400 TO PRICE EA.ADDL GUEST $50 NIGHT**ADD 6% FOR CREDIT CARD BANK FEES**CHILDREN NOT FREE
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Princess Julliana at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Pelican Marina at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Simpson bay at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Sunset Beach Bar at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Mullet Bay Golf Course at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Taco Macho, Sunset Beach Bar, 15 + restaurants at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2003
- Primary: (661) 255-3079
- Secondary: (661) 714-3079 (California, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
PATIO - POOL AREA - LOOKING INTO SIMPSON BAY WITH MOUNTAINS IN BACKROUND
LOOKING TOWARD THE ISLAND OF ST BARTHS. WATCH CRUISE SHIPS ARRIVE AND DEPART
FRONT OF HOUSE -ELECTRIC REMOTED GATE, PARKING FOR 3 CARS - GREAT SECURITY
SUITE #1, WALKIN CLOSET, PATIO DOORS TO POOL, SAFE, AC, 600 SQ FT. VIEW TO OCEAN
SUITE #1 BATHROOM JACUZZI, HUGE SHOWER, DOUBLE SINKS
SUITE #2 BATHROOM - SUNKEN JACUZZI, SHOWER AREA, WALK IN CLOSET, EXTRA DAYBED
SUITE #3 -KING BED, LARGE CLOSET, SITTING AREA, LARGE SHOWER, DOUBLE SINKS, SAFE
PENTHOUSE SUITE LOFT, BEDROOM AREA, AC, 2000 SQUARE FEET, WALK IN CLOSET, SAFE,
2000 SQ FT. PENTHOUSE SUITE, SITTING AREAS TV, AC, REFRIGERATOR, COFFEE MACHINE
LIVING AREA-CABLE TV, DVD,MP3 ,STEREO FOR INSIDE & OUTSIDE, AC, PHONE, INTERNET
LIVING AREA & DINING AREA - 40 FEET OF GLASS OVER LOOKING POOL, PATIO & WATER
KITCHEN - EVERYTHING THAT IS NEEDED IS SUPPLIED. DISHWASHER, BLENDER, ICE MAKER
POOL AREA - WATER DIRECTLY BELOW-SIMPSON BAY BEACH-A 5 MIN WALK DOWN THE STREET
POOL AREA - PENTHOUSE BALCONY FACING SUNRISE, VERANDER FOR DINING OUTDOORS
SEASIDE RETREAT & OCEANSIDE RETREAT. FAMILY VACATIONS 10 BEDROOMS 24 GUESTS
SUITE #1 - DRESSING AREA, WALK IN CLOSET
SUITE #2 - LARGE ROOM WITH ROUND SUNKEN JACUZZI, SHOWER, WALK IN CLOSET. SAFE
SUITE # 2 - SHOWER AND TOILET ROOM
SUITE #3- BATH, DOUBLE SINKS, SHOWER, SITTING AREA
PENTHOUSE SUITE BATH, DOUBLE SINKS, JACUZZ1, SHOWER.
2000 SQ FT. PENTHOUSE SUITE, 2 BALCONIES FACING MAHO, SUNSET,1 FACING SUNRISE
DINING AREA - 10 CHAIRS
COMPLETE KITCHEN WITH EVERYTHING NEEDED
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 12, 2013