Holiday Escape at Birch Bay
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Birch Bay condo description
This condo is ideal for a Holiday retreat. The kitchen and (2) baths are lovely and so inviting and comfortable with the soft and lush towels..for your very special stay including tooth brushes n/paste for registered guests. All the windows have the Plantation shutters. This condo is on the ground level. Easy access! It’s a place to relax….You’ll find this condo~spa clean. If you’re visiting bring your grand children over for a swim in our beautiful pool and walk the beach.
- 1000 sq. ft.
- On floor 1
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- There is a Brand Costco+ NEW QUEEN Sized cozy gel bed for the Master Bedroom. The ensuite bathroom is truly nice with a tiled shower for two and a large glass door. Fluffy towels are awaiting you while you stand on a heated tile floor in this ensuite bath. Plantation shutters protect your privacy while you are in the bedroom and bathroom. Bedroom 2 is called Pineapple Express..(for that wonderful warm wind that periodically blows in from Hawaii)... and has another QUEEN BED and small TV for movies. Cozy with great 100% cotton percale sheets or cozy double brushed flannel depending on the weather outside. Baths are in photos. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Bathrooms are upscale but do not have tubs. Pineapple Express is the ensuite bath and Sea Breeze is the main bath..both have extra shower heads…both have big thick clear glass doors. Sea Breeze has a ceiling heat lamp to help dry you off…and Pineapple Express has a heated tile floor to keep your tosies warm. ...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- this easily could be a romantic get away with the right person…:)
- Video Library:
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
Pool & Spa
- Indoor Pool
- Heated Pool
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Deck / Patio:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water Tubing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Whale Watching
- Basketball Court
- Roller Blading
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Duty Free Shops
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- Paddle Boating
- Sea Breeze at Jacobs Landing.. we have an Olympic pool with County Health Dept. top marks for being clean, hot tub, tennis courts, basket ball hoop, racket ball court, fooz ball, pingpong, beach combing, clamming, crabbing, bike riding, kayaking, canoeing, rollerblading, bon fires on the beach. There are several great places to eat and drink. Golfing at it’s best is 5 miles at Semiahmoo PGA golf course and several other courses near by. Bring your own wood, bucket for water and a shovel to cover up fire and have a great little fire with friends and make smores. In the summer we have a water slide complex a walk away, and ice cream and good restaurants very close by.. I love the consignment store on Alderson next to the Sea Shop which is candy and ice cream…The low tide offers miles of sandy beaches to stroll and beach comb. I have kites to fly…Birch Bay is very sheltered and ideal for kiaks and canoes…rentals are available too. We have the largest nesting area for blue herrons at the estuary close to the State Park 1/2 mile south…the herons are out every morning on the ebb tide fishing and then there are the bald eagles…there they are too…coffee on the beach at dawn is fabulous…don’t forget to go to Semiahmoo just north of Birch Bay…the shoreline is fabulous and you can look over the bay to White Rock BC…you’re just a hop skip and jump to Canada (if you plan a side trip to Canada..it’s a must to bring your Passport)…but again the beach scene takes your breath away here at the beach…come visit us soon! Semiahmoo also has the best 18 hole PGA public golf course designed by Arnold Palmer. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Let me start by saying Yvonne is a pleasure to work with, very upfront and honest and works hard to make sure you have what you need for your stay, she even left a few beers in the fridge for us to drink after a long day of work. Her Condo is very nicely appointed from the gourmet kitchen, master bed room with large on suite, that is sure to make you feel like you’re in a spa. She has set up the condo to make sure you have everything you might need from Flat Screens TV’s, cable and speed internet in every room to the new BBQ on the patio, all the dish you may ever need as well even extra blankets in the closet. This truly a very nice quite place to stay, all the comforts you come expect from a high end resort at a fraction of the price, this place is a true gem and a fabulous find.
- Guest Michael N.
- Date of stay 09/23/13
- Review Submitted 11/11/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
Owner response: M. N. Project Manager, Thanks for taking time in your very busy work schedule to write such a really nice review. I do hope you’ll contact me when you return in ’15 and stay longer. Thanks also for the 5 stars…Take care and Happy Holiday to you and yours.-Yvonne
20 Night Stay/will return for 3 mo. stayGuest comment entered by owner
20 Night Stay/will return for 3 mo. stay
Thank for you hospitality and the uses of you condo, We had others stop by here and there for football games and we als0 BBQ’d a few times. Everyone loved the condo and everything you have to offer. The beds are great and showers, and laundry appliances are the best. I will leave you a great review on the web site and tell everyone how wonderful you have been to rent from and how nice your place is. If your still renting your place in later winter 2015, BP awarded us a very large construction project and I will contact you for a place to stay for 3-4 months ….
- Guest Michael
- Date of stay 10/01/13
- Review Submitted 11/05/13
Great PlaceTo Stay
Great PlaceTo Stay
I had a wonderful time. The condo is beatifully decorated, very clean and well maintained. All the appliances were easy to work with and up to date. The kitchen floor a d counter tops are heated. The batrooms were great. The location of the condo, not far from the beach and good restaurants. It is on the ground floor with nice padio which has a nice barbecue. You access to the pool and sauna in the clubhouse and there is tennis court next to the clubhouse. It is a great place to entertain friends. All the pictures that advertised the condo accurately reflected its appearance. I would highly recommend this rental to friends and relatives and have.
- Guest Ward (Bellingham, WA)
- Date of stay 07/07/13
- Review Submitted 11/04/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway.
I spent a relaxing month at the condo. Living in Beijing China, and coming to Birch Bay for a month was fantastic. Yvonne's condo is warm, well stocked with everything necessary to enjoy my time at the beach. It was clean, organized, well maintained, and the grounds beautifully manicured. The neighbors were delightful but not intruding. I made many friends, enjoyed many a glass of wine on the patio as well! Meeting people and joining in on beach fires, glasses of wine and cheese afternoon and evenings was just what this gal needed. Thank you Yvonne for making my stay memorable, relaxing, quaint, and friendly. I will return to your place when I visit again!
- Guest MommieQ (Beijing China)
- Date of stay 07/29/13
- Review Submitted 11/04/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thank You so much Theresa for staying at my condo and I will always welcome your return visit. I’m very happy you enjoyed what I have to offer with the condo and found the visiting neighbors and owners welcoming too. Thank you for taking time to leave a 5 star review. Since you visited I purchased a new Italian leather occasional chair in the livingroom. There are new DVD’s too for a winter sleep over…and new reading materials added to the collection. Please call me when you want a reservation..I’ll find your favorite wine and have it ready for you.
Wonderful stay at Birch Bay
Wonderful stay at Birch Bay
My family came from Texas and stayed at the condo for an entire week while we stayed at the beach. The condo was perfect; the master bedroom was spacious, private, and the bathroom was just like a the Fairmount in San Fransico- wow. The guest bedroom (with its own bathroom too) was great for my daughter and it came with a TV/VCR so my daughter could watch her Disney movies and we could watch our movies on the large flat screen in the living room. But the best room was the kitchen/dining area-- the kitchen is stocked with all the best appliances and cooking tools to make a real family meal a treat. We either ate our meals in the kitchen or out on the patio near the grill- the patio is a wonderful space to relax and enjoy a drink while the kids play n the yard- bottom line- my family thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the condo for all the above reason and the easy access to Lynden, Canada (Vancouver, White Rock, or Victoria), as well an easy seven minute drive to access I-5 and a straight shot to Seattle too--Birch Bay and these condos are so centrally located for the various activities that my family took during our stay. The condo was perfectly clean, enchanting and well furnished for a family or a romantic get a way.
- Guest Ranger (Killeen, Texas)
- Date of stay 08/09/13
- Review Submitted 11/03/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, people with disabilities, girls getaway.
Owner response: Lieutenant Colonel, Thank you so much for the delightful review. I’m so glad, since you came so far, and chose my condo... that it was enjoyable for you and your wife and daughter. I will continue to add new and updated comforts for the condo. I hope that you’ll choose to come and stay again when you visit your family in the great northwest.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 17 - May 31, 2014
2 night min stay
Jun 5 - Sep 2
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
A security/damage deposit of $200.00 is required and is to be paid no later than 30 days prior to arrival. upon termination of tenancy, the Owners may deduct from the security/damage deposit up to $75 each if the Tenants fail to return all door keys and fobs provided to them upon arrival. Within 14 days following check out, the full damage deposit will be refunded as it was paid w/no problems.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $200
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- cleaning fee: $100
- Tax Rate 8.5%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Bellingham International Airport at 20 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Lummi Island at 5 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrack at 10 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate-5 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Birch Bay at Birch Bay
- Nearest Barpub: Shores at Birch Bay
- Nearest Ski: Mt. Baker at 75 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Semiahmoo at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Shores at Birch Bay
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: I was raised in Seattle and graduated from Ballard High School..way back when…I still have kindergarden friends that I meet for lunch etc. in Ballard...I’m retired from Whatcom Transit Authority as the education coordinator and fixed route driver for 27 1/2 years…and remarried, and live within 20 miles from Jacobs Landing. I have lived and worked in Whatcom County since 1970. My son is a Colonel in the US Army at Ft. Hood with his family. I’m old, and love cozy beautiful things especially dishes and fine linens and lots of tools in the kitchen which I have left most of them for you to use. My passions include water gardening and calligraphy and embroidery. I love using the TV’s for music around the condo. I’m goal driven and I strive to always be happy. My new husband didn’t fit in the condo with my sewing machines and many sets of dishes and party supplies…so I’m going to share it with you and hope you have as much fun in “Sea Breeze at Jacobs Landing” as I have had, and still enjoy ...between guests' stays.
Why the Owner Chose Birch Bay:
This spacious 1000 sq. foot condo with it’s 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms is exceptionally welcoming and has a very large exquisite kitchen. I had the kitchen totally gutted and redesigned for my wants and needs. It’s very cozy and has a lot of extras most vacation properties don’t have…insta hot for one and the stove is fabulous..it’s electric with the ability to turn on two left elements and the “bridge” between to put the pancake griddle on top and make the best pancakes and French toast.. The BBQ outside makes the best bacon without the mess…inside. The kitchen sink is very deep and unique. The bathrooms have only showers but the master you can bring in your best friend…for fun and pleasure. The main bath is for one but it has 3 shower heads on your back plus the hand held and fixed head for bundles of great water action. The condo has many mirrors for ambiance and, to ensure everyone looks beach good! Do to a leg surgery the condo has a hand grip to slide easily onto the toilet…and hand grips to get up the 2 steps to bathrooms and bedroom. Safety bars are also in the showers and the floors are great. However the condo is not suitable for anyone unable to go up stairs. There are 2 stairs to the bathrooms and bedrooms and laundry.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Several theme sets of dishes…of course when you put on a event you will need special dishes, glasses and serving pieces.. you can bake anything you can imagine and then maybe you want pressed or grilled sandwiches..and old fashioned milk shakes…The new Gel Queen sized mattress for the master suite has a flat screen TV on top of a chest of drawers ideal for a easy look see…and you said you wanted to read in bed…this is the cats meow for bed fun and reading. The BBQ is clean with a full tank of propane for a real winter bash..rocking chairs at the patio table make for a real comfy outdoor treat. I have heated kitchen floors for your pleasure…and heated counter tops in the kitchen too…there is nothing like a cozy and warm kitchen to keep people chit chatting at the table… and in the living room the drape works by the electric motor on the lower right side..to open and close. After you visit my condo you will totally understand why I love this unit over all the rest vacation properties at Birch Bay. Looking out the windows there is nothing but NW natural beauty. The sea breeze sifts thru the trees and condos and that essence of the sea and evergreens is heaven to me. I have the best beds and sheets. The kitchen is dressed out with great tools. I have the most fun showers on the property too…I do have a queen sized blow up bed available upon request with cozy bedding.
- Primary: +1 360-410-0435 7AM to 11PM pacific time zone..call me
- Secondary: +1 360-303-4763 husband “Ward” if I don’t answer my cell
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
stove side of kitchen..stove is great with bridge burner..& Pizza oven.
Sea Breeze front bath..with toilet, tiled shower and heat from ceiling.
Maytag front loader washer and dryer…full sized with soap pods & softener sheets
Ensuite bathroom with glass topped vanity. Plenty of mirrors + magnified one too
ensuite bathroom..glass counter top, Toto toilet, premium glass doored shower.
The kitchen is ready for you.. bring the food..C U soon!
Italian leather chair....warm seating and livingroom.
Looking out the slider while letting the sea breeze blow in…BBQ on right.
Beautiful landscaping…Skipjack is the bldg. on left. Sea Breeze #601 is way left
Preparing for your winter holiday vacation at Birch Bay!
Below the window seat drawers filled with kitchen needs. 4 your use.
Queen sized bed that’s dressed with high count cotton sheets w/extra pillows!
Main bath, deluxe shower with 3 back shower heads..glass door.
New Queen size gel topped bed that will be heated for your arrival.
The ensuite bathroom..with walk in glass doored shower. Plenty of TP always.
kitchen table ready for the holidays…
from sliding door to patio looking in…this is across from the fire place.
Looking at my 40” flat Samsung TV & DVD player into kitchen w/ heated floor.
Sea Breeze #601.. summer look with umbrella and tablecloth. BBQ is just to L.
My grand kids from China and the little one from Ft. Hood, ..having fun w/me.
kitchen cabinets to the left of the sink…The table is set for winter holidays.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, December 02, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!