VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Visit our Virtual Tour at http://www.southeastern360.com/tour/68-642
Come relax at one of the best beachfront homes in the Plantation on St. George Island.
Sea La Vie is not your typical beach rental, with low-grade furnishings and sleeper sofas and bunk beds crammed in every nook and cranny in order to maximize the number of guests per rental.
Our home features hardwood floors throughout and is comfortably furnished in a calming, neutral palette. The layout of our home gives each guest / couple maximum privacy, with each bedroom enjoying an en suite private bath.
The house offers unobstructed 180 degree views of the gulf from most rooms. The living and dining area extend to the HUGE screened porch, with 10 rocking chairs, a large swing and large teak dining table to relax on after a long day on the beach.
The gourmet kitchen has everything you need to have a shrimp boil, shuck fresh oysters and make homemade ice cream for dessert! The home also features a fish cleaning / oyster shucking area as well as an outdoor picnic charcoal grill.
Sea La Vie features a flat screen television with HD satellite TV, Blu-ray, and Netflix and Amazon streaming. The house is also equipped with Wi-Fi and high speed internet service. We recently installed a cell signal booster, allowing you to get a strong cellphone signal throughout our home.
When the day is done, retreat to one of 5 bedrooms, each with an en suite bath. Three of the bedrooms have beachfront porch access as well!
UNFORTUNATELY, WE DO NOT ALLOW PETS DUE TO FAMILY HEALTH LIMITATIONS. WE THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THIS RULE. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THIS MEANS THE HOUSE IS SUPER CLEAN!
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$1,000
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
This is one of the most breath-taking Gulf front homes on St. George Island. This home sits on a large one acre Gulf-front lot.
Private boardwalk, clubhouse, community pool, community fitness room, outdoor shower, wi-fi, tennis courts, gas grill, outdoor fish cleaning area
Things to do:
- Head to the beach -- it's only steps from the screened in porch!
- Visit local parks - Both the lighthouse park in the center of St. George Island, and the state park at the eastern end of the island provide public access to the beach with restrooms, picnic tables, and other amenities. And, most of the north/south roads on the island provide a public access to the beach.
- Ride a bike - St. George Island has 17 miles of paved bike paths and lots of off-roads for exploring. Ride a bike from one side of the island to the other.
- Watch for birds - birding is a year-round event
- Get in the water - Both kayaks and stand-up paddle boards are available for rental on St. George Island for use in the Gulf or the Apalachicola Bay.
- Learn something - Franklin County, Florida is home to a number of museums. Visit the Apalachicola Estuary Nature Center to learn about local fish, turtles, and more. Visit the Apalachicola Maritime Museum to learn more about the area's celebrated maritime history.
- Catch a live band - Visit Harry A's on St. George Island or The Tap Room at the Owl Cafe in Apalachicola to enjoy live music.
- Take a picture - St. George Island is a photographer's paradise with another stunning shot around every corner. Sunrises, sunsets, landscapes, the surf, wildlife, native and migrating birds, butterflies, your family having fun …
- Shop Apalachicola – Just 20 minutes to the west, Apalachicola is home to quaint downtown area with charming boutiques and a great selection of restaurants, ranging from raw bars to fine dining.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We purchased this property as an escape from our hectic lives in Atlanta, Georgia. We were looking for a place that is remote and relaxing. We love peace and quiet, and simply do not enjoy a beach or restaurants that are packed with people. We have enough stress at work, we don't need it on vacation! Our home is not your typical rental. It will feel very much like you are at home at the beach!
Why the Owner Chose Plantation: We treat Sea La Vie as our home away from home, not just as a rental property. As such, Sea La Vie features more high end finishes and furnishings than you will typically find in local rental homes.
The Unique Benefits at this House: * Each bedroom has a private en suite bath.
* 3 of 5 bedrooms have beachfront porch access
* The Plantation amenities are available to our guests, including pool, tennis, and fitness center.