Uniquely Situated at F1/Cota Main Entrance
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Other Austin Properties cottage description
Secluded beautiful country chic! New listing uniquely situated across from COTA's Main Entrance on FM 812. Limit 2 guests. Private one bedroom-one small bathroom, 450 sq. ft cottage with 500 sq ft front deck. Enjoy the benefits of rural country living - the cottage is one of two homes on a 15 acre wildlife natural area. Sorry no smoking & no pets. Must be 25 yrs of age or older. Shower only. Butterfly gardens around cottage. Bottled water provided, internet, WIFI, cable. Towels & linens provided, ceiling fans and state-of-the-art heating/cooling, alarm clock. Refrigerator with ice & cold water dispensers. Cooking utensils, small stove top and oven, Breville toaster oven, microwave, two-way coffee maker. Back deck dining area for two. For our F1ATX/COTA guests: stocked with a selection of local groceries per your food and drink preferences. At any time during, before, or after your stay with us, your information may be shared with www.guestchecker.com
- 450 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Pets Not Allowed:
Don't put your pet at risk for a bad trip :-( Residents living on the site will report your pet. Booking another place for yourself or your pet on short notice during event weekends may be more than difficult. ...moreless
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- Individual mini-split thermostat. Memory foam mattress, choice of foam or down pillows, bed with header/footer, full-size mirror, shelving for clothes, ceiling fan, wall-mounted reading lamps, end tables for your luggage, two-alarm clock, selection of serious sun hats for those attending COTA/F1 events....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Air Conditioning:
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Miniature Golf
- Basketball Court
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Idyllic, funky, secluded Rabbit Hill Cottage in rural countryside southeast of Austin, TX. Uniquely located at south entrance to Formula One USA F1ATX and Circuit of The Americas COTA. Ten minutes to muy auténtico Mexican restaurantes, 20 min to great Texas barbecue and Austin's hipster SoCo District of hip strip features an array of eclectic shops, restaurants, boutiques, antiques, music venues and galleries. 20 min to Austin's famous world's largest urban bat colony under Congress Ave bridge. Hot or cold weather, Barton Springs Pool is the heart of Austin. 30 min to 140 'Premium Outlet' shopping in San Marcos....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|HITS Running Festival
Dec 13 - Dec 15, 2013
2 night min stay
|ESPN X Games
May 14 - May 19, 2014
5 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
(1) At any time during, before, or after your stay with us, your information may be shared with www.guestchecker.com
(2) You did catch the mention of the "dry toilet," right? Nothing much different: instead of flushing, you add 2 cups of dry compostable material after each use. And keep the lid closed when not in use. That's important.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Tax Rate 6%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport at 9.5 Miles
- Nearest Train: AmTrak Station at 14.4 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Tollway 45 at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Rockport, TX at 178 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Wild Bubba's Wild Burgers at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Wild Bubba's Wild Burgers at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1976
About the owner: I am a central Texas native and a retired nature preserves manager for the City of Austin. Seth has roots in Texas by way of NYC. He is a fusion/New Age composer and professional keyboardist.
Why the Owner Chose Other Austin Properties:
In 1975 the nearest entertainment to this corner of Travis County, Texas was a tiny car racetrack at the corner of Highway 183 and Farm-to-Market Road 812. A friend had a home and a couple of horses three miles down the road. Eventually I purchased the adjacent 15 acres, fenced it, built a cistern and a pump house, and then a two-horse barn for my own horse Miss Weista and company. Within a year I moved a small cottage to the land, remodeled it and settled in. That was almost 40 years ago. With more updating, the cottage is nicer and cozier than ever. I remember standing on the front deck and watching a cold front blowing in. Before feeling the cold air on my face, I could see the pasture grasses far across the road being woven and pushed aside as the first tendrils of cold air touched them. Today the land is more wooded, thanks in good part to Weista's sweet tooth for honey mesquite bean pods.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
There is still much that is wild about the land - painted buntings and yellow-billed cuckoos nest here. Early morning cottontail rabbits graze in the front yard, the occasional snake passes quietly across the land; yet a one minute walk from our front gate is the south entrance to the Circuit of The Americas, home to Formula One USA. For our guests during Circuit of The Americas/Formula One USA events, the kitchen is stocked with tasty foods and refreshing drinks.
- Primary: +1 (512) 843-1872 call anytime to speak to a person or leave message
Links to more information:
side view of front deck
Eastside of cottage with more butterfly garden and hammock in background
Recliner and shutter door to bedroom
Kitchen stove and pantry. Pocket door to left of pantry leads to bathroom.
Bedroom with closet shelves in the corner. That orange roll is a yoga mat.
View from bedroom of the small bathroom vanity and toilet, and louvered door
View of hammock and trees from back deck
Hammock strung between two Honey Mesquite trees
Front deck with butterfly garden
Dawn over The Circuit of The Americas seen from our front yard
View from entry shows swivel recliner, TV, dining table, kitchen counter
Kitchen counter & coffeemaker
Queen-sized memory foam bed, wall-mounted reading lamps, end tables for luggage
Door on left is to the bathrm, door on right is to the LR +more closet shelving
Back deck covered in Cissus vine
1,000 foot long caliche driveway to the cottage winds thru 15 ac natural area
Close-up of south side of COTA, taken from the front deck.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, November 21, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
+1 (512) 843-1872
call anytime to speak to a person or leave message
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.