Swim, Snorkel and Enjoy the Spectacular Marine Preserve Down the Street
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kapoho house description
Kapoho Palms is located in the small, quiet, Oceanside community of Kapoho Vacationland. It is a short walk to some of the best snorkeling in Hawaii. The home is on two tropical landscaped lots surrounded by beautiful coconut palms. A short stroll (3 blocks) takes you to the ocean for exploring tide pools or watching the waves roll in. The Wai'Opae marine preserve is approximately 3 blocks from the home. The preserve is a clear, calm, natural aquarium with over 100 species of fish, 11 species of coral, and the endangered green sea turtle. Its waters, protected by an outer reef, allow for safe swimming and snorkeling for all ages, throughout the year.
The rental is the upper unit of a two unit home. It includes wireless internet and a large lanai/deck. There is an outside shower and laundry for your use at the ground level. The owner resides in the lower unit. If you wish, they will gladly welcome you to the home and provide local knowledge on things to see and do in the area.
THE HOME: It has open beam ceilings and ceiling fans throughout. It sleeps up to six with its three bedrooms, two baths, full kitchen (just bring groceries), dining and living areas. This is a large 1650 sq. ft. home. The master bedroom, with bath, has a king bed. The other bedrooms have queen & twin beds. In addition, it has dining for 10, and a large lanai/deck (585 sq. ft.) with picnic table and gas BBQ open to the ocean breezes and overlooking your tropical landscaped yard (yard includes over 1/4 acre of flowering plants, tropical fruits & stately coconut palms) . Help yourself to the fruits (bananas, mangoes, pineapples, coconuts.
Prior to your arrival, you will receive information on things to see and do in the area. If you require assistance during your stay, you may contact the owners. They are pleased to be of assistance. As a guest of Kapoho Palms, we are happy to help you with your vacation planning: from travel to Hawaii to things to do on the Big Island: best spots for snorkeling, Volcanoes National Park, scenic drives, lava viewing, seeing waterfalls, beaches, where to eat and shop, etc.
WAI'OPAE MARINE PRESERVE: A popular snorkeling guide (written by 2 biologist whom have snorkeled throughout the world) states: 'This is a unique and fantastic snorkeling spot. ... one of the best snorkeling areas in the world. The pools are gorgeous. The visibility is usually stellar. The corals are diverse, colorful and in incredible health. The fish are abundant and diverse as well. Everything is up close and personal. It really is a wonderful experience.
- 1650 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Water Sports Gear
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Kayak / Canoe
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Beach View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Kapoho Palms is located in Kapoho Vacationland, a small, rural seaside community on the Wai'Opae marine preserve. It is a short walk to some of the best snorkeling in the Islands and serves as a great base for discovering the east side of Hawaii. Tropical landscapes offer scenic drives along the coast. The home is 15 minutes from Pahoa, a historic town with good restaurants and shopping. A short two mile drive brings you to a large geothermal hot pond (90+ degrees). Volcanoes National Park is a forty mile drive. Volcanic features may be experienced closer to Kapoho: the active lava flow at Kalapana (15 mi.), and Lava Tree State Park (7mi.). Kapoho is not a resort, but a wonderful, quiet slice of old Hawaii. Other Activities: Snorkeling: A short walk (5-10 minutes) takes you to some of the best snorkeling in Hawaii in the clear/calm waters of the Wai'Opae marine preserve with over 100 species of fish, 11 species of coral and green sea turtles. Swimming: Swim or relax in Kapoho's calm tide pools, Analanui warm pond (fed by fresh geothermal & ocean waters) or at the clothing optional Kahena's black sand beach. Scenic drives: From the house begin your journey through tropical rainforest with coastal vistas. Hiking/Fishing: Take the fisherman's trail at the end of the street to explore the Kapoho coast. Dining: A 10 mile drive takes you to the small historic town of Pahoa with its many fine restaurants, eclectic shopping. Medical facilities, shopping centers provide all that you might need Farmer's markets: Purchase your produce (inexpensive), gifts and lunch at several local markets. Geology: Explore Volcanoes National Park, Lava Trees State Park, recent and the current lava flow, caves and waterfalls within a few minutes to an hour's drive....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
we had a wonderful time with our 2 adult sons!
we had a wonderful time with our 2 adult sons!
This was the perfect place for our family reunion. The weather was great and the rental was large enough for everyone to have their own space and bedroom. We enjoyed the snorkeling at the tide pools, the bikes and walking around the peaceful neighborhood. Sally and Jeff were always willing to answer questions and even gave us a fresh coconut to enjoy! We would love to return next year.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 11/07/13
- Review Submitted 11/22/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 16 - Dec 18, 2013
3 night min stay
Jan 1 - Mar 31, 2014
3 night min stay
Apr 1 - Aug 16, 2014
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
From $125/nt - $795/wk - $2250/mo US Dollars
Listed rates (above) are for 3-6 guests, 10% discount for 1-2 guests.
13.25% tax (Tax ID W00480804-01)
Cleaning fee: $110
Reservation Deposit: 50% of rent ($300 minimum), balance (cleaning fee, tax and remainder of rent) due one month prior to arrival. Deposit may be paid in two installments when reservation made more than six months prior to ar
cash, check or credit card
- Tax Rate 13.25%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Hilo International at 29 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 137 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Waipoe Marine Perserve at 0.03 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Pahoa at 10 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Hilo at 25 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Pahoa at 10 Miles
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Jeff and Sally have been residents of Hawaii for over 20 years. In the past they have operated an oceanfront bed and breakfast in Kapoho for over 10 years. There knowledge of these islands is extensive. They would love to share there knowledge and their ALOHA with you.
Why the Owner Chose Kapoho:
This property is located just minutes from the best snorkeling on the island. In addition the home is everything one would want in a vacation rental.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Unique location in a lush tropical environment. Close to lot of exciting and interesting activities.
- Primary: 808-965-5340
Kapoho Palms, located just a few minites from the best snorkeling on the island
Beautiful living room looking out on the large lanai
Master bedroom, opens out on the lanai
2nd bedroom with queens size bed
Relax on the additional screened lanai
Coral Gardens, best snorkeling on the island
Many water falls on the island
Your view, snorkeling down the street
Beautiful Kapoho, and a view of Kapoho Palms
Well designed kitchen
Third bedroom with two singles
View from the lanai
Swim with the turtles
Exotic tropical fish everywhere you look
Incredible views from the sea
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 09, 2013