Exceptional Home in Lush Tropical 'Old Florida' Near Gulf Beaches/New2013 Price
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:21-30 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Englewood house description
This 2,112 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 3 bath single family home is great for a tropical escape. It has an open floor plan, with solar tubes that stream light to make it bright & airy. There's a big yard with lush tropical vegetation including native florida plants and many edibles. The pool is enclosed in a screen cage and provides the ultimate in privacy for those who enjoy swimming or even skinny dipping.
The house is in a small cul-de-sac community with area sidewalks leading to olde englewood, an 'old florida' style village with restaurants, bars, a library, a playhouse, and coffee and gift shops. A drug store, grocery store, and banks are a block away for your convenience.
It's a short drive to pristine, little used gulf of mexico beaches that abound in sharks teeth (a treasure hunt enjoyed by beachcombers). Two of the three public beach areas offer free parking. The area also abounds in hiking and biking trails, spectacular waterways for paddling, and fishing piers.
- 2112 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- The master bedroom has a queen size bed and new mattress, and bedding. The bed is flanked by bedside tables with lamps. This bedroom has a full walk-in closet. There are two dressers and a TV. The ceiling has a variable speed fan with light. Accordion shades can be easily lowered for privacy. The 2nd bedroom has two single beds with new bedding, and 2 dressers. The 3rd bedroom is a small room in the front of the house with a daybed that makes up into a king sized bed. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- The master bedroom ensuite bathroom has dual sinks, a full wall length cabinet and mirror, a toilet, and a walk-in tiled shower with a glass shower door. The 2nd bedroom ensuite bathroom has dual sinks, a full wall length cabinet and mirror, a toilet, and a walk-in tiled shower with a glass shower door. The 3rd bathroom serves as a powder room and bath. It's located between the living room and the third bedroom. It has a small cabinet with sink and mirror above, a medicine cabinet and a tub/shower combination with a shower curtain. ...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
The dining room has an oak table and 6 chairs for formal dining. The house is equipped for entertaining with a selection of tablecloths, cloth napkins and rings, and a variety of serving dishes....moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
Pool & Spa
Lawn / Garden:
A large yard is filled with tropical gardens. Edibles available when in season include pineapples, oranges, star fruit, mangoes, bananas, papaya, moringa, peaches, blueberries, surinam cherries, etc....moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Pier Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Surf Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Located minutes away from pristine, uncrowded Gulf coast beaches (2 with free parking) where the favorite activity (aside from sunbathing and swimming) is combing the beach to find prehistoric shark's teeth. This is old Florida, off the beaten track and away from throngs of people. We're nestled in a grove of Florida slash pine trees, within walking distance to the village of Old Englewood. There are lots of nearby trails to hike, beautiful waterways to kayak or stand-up paddleboard, and plenty of places to fish even without a boat. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 9 - Dec 31, 2013
21 night min stay
Jan 1 - Apr 30, 2014
30 night min stay
May 1 - Nov 30, 2014
30 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee: $100
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Pet Fee: $100
- Tax Rate 12%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Sarasota (SRQ) at 34 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrack - Tampa at 84 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-75 at 11 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Manasota Key Beach (free parking) at 6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Englewoods on Dearborn (restaurant & bar) at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Bocca Royale Golf & Country Club at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Mango Bistro and La Stanza Ristorante and others at 0.7 Miles
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We're natives of Rochester New York where worked for Kodak, then founded Footprint press, Inc. to write and publish a series of outdoor recreation guidebooks. We also founded, then sold DisplayStands4You.com. We love the outdoors, especially long distance hiking and kayaking. Our lives have been filled with big adventures and we're off on another right now.
Why the Owner Chose Englewood:
This is an oasis of tropical splendor, in a quiet neighborhood of single family homes set in a pine woods. It's in a part of the Florida Gulf coast that is 'off the beaten track' so it's not crowded or overbuilt. It still has the 'old Florida' look and feel with a canopy roadway (over-arched with oaks and palms) the length of Manasota Key and on-the-waterways restaurants.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This house has a private pool surrounded by greenery (skinny dip anyone?). The 3 bedrooms are at each end of the house for quiet sleeping and each has its own bath. The living space is open, bright, and airy. There's a large, fully stocked kitchen with an eat-in counter. or dine in the dining room or at the table by the pool. The house comes with 2 bikes and 2 kayaks so you can explore the area via multiple modes.
- Primary: +941 468-5064
Links to more information:
A quiet oasis nestled in a pine forest with lush tropical vegetation.
A trellis above the garage holds flowering vines.
The sun-warmed pool is 30' long X 10' wide.
A table and 4 chairs (2 are rockers) are shaded by a retractable awning.
The front entrance way offers an inviting bench.
Living room has a fireplace, flat screen TV and a stained glass side light.
Looking from the living room, kitchen is on right & dining room straight ahead.
The kitchen has lots of stocked cabinets and counter space.
The dining room seats 6.
A seating area on the other side of the lanai.
A ceiling fan with light & 2 lamps light the master bedroom.
The bathroom off bedroom 2 has a walk-in shower.
A large yard with tropical gardens.
The yard is filled with edible plants such as this pineapple.
Two sliding doors lead into the pool cage.
Another 2 chairs and a foot stool are pool side.
The living area has a couch, loveseat and Lazy-boy chair.
A powder room with bathtub serves the front (3rd) bedroom.
An eat-in counter with a TV on a swivel lets you watch TV while you cook or eat.
Looking from dining room into kitchen with wine rack to the left.
The lanai offers a coffee nook area.
Two sliding doors lead out to pool area.
The bathroom off bedroom #1 has a walk-in shower.
2nd bedroom with matching twin beds and an ensuite full bath.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, October 21, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.