Town Home on Historical Avenue
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Marietta townhome description
A five minute walk to the turn of the 19th century Marietta square where 22 restaurants offer culinary delights from gourmet to casual fare with more than 700 additional restaurants in the area.
Daytime activities include 5 museums, 1855 Marietta Museum of History, the Gone with the Wind Museum, Root House Museum c. 1845 and Marietta Fire Museum. Many antique and quaint shops line beautiful Marietta Square. Art Deco Strand Theater, home of Atlanta Lyric Theater which produce musical theater performance, also host classic film, concerts and stage productions thru out the year. Perhaps a picnic in Glover Park located in the center of the square where special events and music are offered along with art shows and weekly Farmers Market on weekends May 1st thru October. Additionally, large shopping malls are within 10 minute drive of the property. You will also find fabulous shopping in a 20 minute drive to downtown Atlanta.
Ample parking under cover is available.
The unit has over 1600 square feet of living space with a full kitchen, formal dining room, 3 large bedroom with Queen Beds, closets, and 1 and 1/2 baths. Internet WiFi available and TV
- 1800 sq. ft.
- On floor 1
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- Bedrooms 1 and 2 face Antebellum homes
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
Location & View
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Roller Blading
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Full Town home with private entrance located on one of only two streets listed on the Historic Register in Marietta, Georgia. Five historic districts graced with antebellum homes and plantation 1843 Howell Sessions-Touchton Classical Greek Revival, Oakton Plantation 1838 and 55 additional self-guided walking or driving tours all across from and on surrounding streets. A five minute walk to the turn of the 19th century Marietta square where 22 restaurants offer culinary delights from gourmet to casual fare with more than 700 additional restaurants in the area. Daytime activities include 5 museums, 1855 Marietta Museum of History, the Gone with the Wind Museum, Root House Museum c. 1845 and Marietta Fire Museum. Many antique and quaint shops line beautiful Marietta Square. Art Deco Strand Theater, home of Atlanta Lyric Theater which produce musical theater performance, also host classic film, concerts and stage productions thru out the year. Perhaps a picnic in Glover Park located in the center of the square where special events and music are offered along with art shows and weekly Farmers Market on weekends May 1st thru October. Additionally, large shopping malls are within 10 minute drive of the property. You will also find fabulous shopping in a 20 minute drive to downtown Atlanta. Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield is within a 10 minute walk of the property. You will find a wonderful Civil War museum. An overlook near the summit offers a panoramic view of northern Georgia and a Wizard of Oz view of the city of Atlanta in the distance. Park trails offer short walks and long hikes across the mountains. Also for history buffs the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive history; both Union and Confederate cemeteries all within a 5 minute drive. Further recreation can be found at the White Water Park (10 Minute drive) and Six Flags over Georgia in less than 20 minutes. For those who prefer to ride but not drive, Historic Marietta Trolley Company will take you on a ride thru history to explore Marietta historic districts and Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. They also offer Pedi cabs Takeatour, wave one down or call for pickup. You are a 5 minute walk to the County Seat court complex and the hub for the Wellstar Medical community featuring Kennestone Hospital, hospice care and maternity facility. Cobb County Bus Transit is a one block walk to the stop. They offer local one way stop to Marta that will allow you to travel downtown or Hartsfield International Airport. The total cost to the airport is less than $5.00. Our residence is available for daily, weekly or monthly rates. Ample parking. The unit has over 1600 square feet of living space with a full kitchen, formal dining room, 3 large bedroom with Queen Beds, closets, Sun Porch . Internet WiFi and TV available. No pets, and no smoking, please. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This is a great property, great location. Convinent to shopping, and marrietta square only a 5 minute walk. Lots of historical locations to see all within walking distance. We will visit two to three times per year.
- Guest Lenny D.
- Date of stay 09/29/13
- Review Submitted 11/21/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
Owner response: It was great having your team and look forward to return.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $150
- Cleaning Fee: $75
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Hartsfield International Airport at 21 Miles
- Nearest Train: Atlanta, Georgia at 18 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-75 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Savannah, Georgia at 185 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Downtown Marietta Square 10 available at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Brass Town Bald at 65 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Marietta Golf Course at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Downtown Marietta Square at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: I am someone who wants our property to be warm and inviting. I grew up in Kentucky and Ohio. I attended school in Toledo, Ohio. I currently live in Marietta having moved form San Diego, California.
Why the Owner Chose Marietta:
This property is on one of two historical streets in Marietta, Georgia. The home is located across the street from antebellum homes that were built in the 1840's thru the 1880's. You are less than 3 blocks from the historical Marietta Square which is the home of more than 20 restaurants, antique shops and live theater venues. The county seat and main court house is less than three blocks. You have the 'Gone with the Wind' museum and the Kennesaw National Battlefield all within walking distance.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
The historical street with the abundant Azaleas and Dogwood's are the reason we love this avenue.
- Primary: 6783549245
- Fax: +1 678-426-8980
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Laundry Room on Request
Blue Bed Room
Blue Bed Room
Historic Strand Theater
Fountain on Square
Kennesaw Mountain Welcome Center
Stairwell to upstairs
Brown Bed Room
Front of Townhome
Kennesaw Mountain Canon
Marietta Town Square Liberty Bell
Theater on the Square
Welcome Center on Square
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, December 09, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.