Bokeelia Gardens Backyard Paradise - Bbq, Pool & Spa on 4 Acres of Greenery
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:6 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Bokeelia house description
While you are certainly planning to enjoy all that the outdoors has to offer during your visit to Pine Island, once you enter Bokeelia Gardens you may not want to leave.
The 2500 square foot house is set on 4 acres of tropical gardens. The front of the property is sheltered from the road by dense greenery, and a large circular driveway brings you to a spacious parking area and a roomy 1 car garage.
When you enter the foyer, the smooth tiled floors and cool interiors will welcome you in to a sun-lit sitting room overlooking the lanai and swimming pool. To the right is the formal dining room where you can easily serve dinner for up to 6 people.
You will find the kitchen fully equipped, with a full sized refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher, blender, toaster, coffee maker as well as serving dishes & cutlery. We have taken care to be sure you will have all the comforts of home.
The spacious family room has two couches, including a fold-out sofa-bed for any guests. Take a break from all the relaxing in front of the widescreen TV, where you can access your own Netflix account, or watch one of our DVDs, something from the library, or bring your own.
You will have full high-speed WiFi access throughout the house during your stay.
If you plan to take the cooking outdoors, we have everything ready for you. The gas grill is a great option if you want to host a small pool party and cook out all afternoon, or just to get out of the kitchen for a fun family barbecue night. When it's time to sleep, you'll find ample space for at least 8 people. One bedroom is set up with 2 twin beds, while the second has a twin trundle which can convert into a king size if needed. The master suite occupies it's own wing of the house. It is comfortably arranged with a king-sized bed, and has a beautiful attached bathroom with full tub, two sinks, and a walk-in, open shower.
For additional guests, there are two more bathrooms, and a double sofa-bed in the living room.
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Private Pool
- Heated Pool
- Lawn / Garden
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Deepsea Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Jet Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Surf Fishing
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Bird Watching
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Outlet Shopping
- Gambling Casinos
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- This luxurious 2,500 sq ft pool home in Bokeelia is set on 4 acres of tropical gardens, hidden away by thick stands of bamboo and groves of palm trees. The spacious lanai provides comfortable outdoor living space with pool & spa. Ideally suited for a anything from romantic getaways to family reunions. This is truly a 'get-away'! You may find yourself a little further from the casinos and outlet stores, but it's well worth the privacy, and closeness to Florida's nature you will enjoy, and there's still plenty to do! World class fishing, golf, kayaking, and nature parks are just down the street. Minutes away you can rent boats, kayaks, and launch your personal watercraft at the boat ramps. Paved trails run the entire length of the island, so you can enjoy an evening bike ride as the sun sets over the western coast. Quaint and trendy shops line the street in the bustling little community of Matlacha, where you can find art and antiques, souvenirs and trinkets. You will feel right at home in this small island town, a safe and friendly community you can return to year after year! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We enjoyed a blissful month at this gorgeous house! We were never at a loss for things to do in the area of Pine Island. The house was extremely comfortable and well equipped. The location was very private and now with the addition of the pool we would categorize this house as a destination to Paradise!! The house, the location and owners were beyond our expectation!! We had blast!
- Guest Can Am (Berlin, NH)
- Date of stay 03/01/13
- Review Submitted 11/03/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 31 - Mar 31, 2014
6 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
6 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
*Standard Rates applies April - December.
*Winter Rates are $1500/week, $4000/month.
To minimize housekeeping cost, guests are expected to leave the property in good condition including:
*all dishes and food preparation areas cleaned
*linens/towels left in washing machine (unwashed) or dryer (clean)
*trash bagged, tied, placed in appropriate receptacle.
50% due at booking
Full payment due prior to check-in
$300 cleaning deposit not included in rate
$500 refundable deposit not included in rate & due prior to check-in
*Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Cleaning Deposit: $300
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Southwest Florida International Airport at 34 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Tropic Star at 5 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak Miami at 160 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 75 at 21 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Cayo Costa & North Captivia (by Ferry) at 6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Porthole at 1.4 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Alden Pines at 3.7 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Red's Fresh Seafood House at 1.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Jim and his wife Margaret both grew up in New England, where they met, raised six children and enjoyed exploring the natural wonders of the United States and beyond as a family. Their adventures have included hiking across the Grand Canyon, camping in Acadia National park, Exploring Yellowstone and even trips to Tanzania and the Himalayas. They still spend the majority of their time in their home in New Hampshire, but enjoy visiting Florida for the beaches, fishing and boating at least a few times a year.
Why the Owner Chose Bokeelia:
After Jim's parents started spending the winters in Pine Island, he and Margaret wanted to have a place to stay nearby when they came to visit. Bokeelia Gardens was a special property Jim couldn't turn down. Always a nature lover, he appreciated the privacy from other houses and busy streets, while still placing him at the center of the Island with all it has to offer. He knew there was a lot of potential to develop it into the beautiful vacation home it is today.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Access to boating, fishing, biking, great food and ferry service to the islands. The property used to be a tropical nursery, and many of the exotic plants still grow in neat rows on the 4 acres behind the house, attracting a variety of birds. We also loved the way the house is sheltered from the street by it's wide circular driveway densely filled with foliage. The master suite wing of the house is an added luxury, and best of all, the lanai with heated pool and spa is the ultimate treat!
Welcome to Bokeelia Gardens!
Pool, Spa in Lanai
Front yard from east entry gate
A shady place under the oaks
Front Yard jungle between circular drive and street
pool and spa with sunshelf
Fence for pet and child safety
Master Bath - walk in shower behind tub
Living Room and Kitchen
Back Yard tropical tree farm
Living room - tray ceilings with indirect lighting
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, September 21, 2013