100 Yards to the Best Beach in Hawaii.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Moloaa Bay house description
Hau'oli Hideaway is a special vacation rental located in the small quaint valley of Moloaa, Kauai. It is perched above a lush tropical garden with ocean and mountain views. The producers of the tv show Gilligan's Island thought so highly of this location they filmed the pilot and other episodes here. And just as on the show... this beach still feels like a deserted island hideaway. Hau'oli Hideaway is located across the stream from the beach, and beach access is a one minute walk. Many days one can find themselves completely alone on this magical beach. If you love to snorkel this is one of the gem ocean locations on Kauai. Hula Hideaway is a very private setting.
The 'hideaway' has a king bed upstairs, and a queen bed
and queen sleeper sofa downstairs. The downstairs studio
has it's own entrance but is part of the house. Both bedrooms have a full bathroom attached.
Hau'oli Hideaway is accessed by a private bridge across the Moloaa Stream. The house is situated ideally-- not directly on the beach , where you could be constantly barraged with wind and waves. It is far enough away to feel the peace, yet close enough to hear and smell the wonderful ocean.
The house is nestled amongst a tropical landscape complete with coconut, banana, star fruit, breadfruit, papaya, plumeria and a variety of citrus and exotic flowers, which you are welcome to pick. Moloaa Beach is 100 yards away and its privacy makes it feel like the old days of hawaii. It is really a paradise.
Within walking distance you may see many birds including albatross and frigates, turtles, and whales during season (dec.- april).
Some people have asked if this is 2 separate houses? The answer is no, if you are renting the house, the whole house is yours, upstairs and down.
Please check calendar before inquiry.
- 1500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Owner accepts personal checks, PayPal After inquiry confirming desired dates are available owner will send you a contract to fill out and sign. Return the signed contract with a $500 deposit within 7 days to hold the reservation. Balance of rent amount is due 90 days prior to check-in date. If arrival date is within 90 days total rent amount is due at time of reservation acceptance. Check-in time is 4:00pm ; check-out time is 10:00am....moreless
- DVD Player
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Botanical Garden
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Moloaa Bay is a beautiful, secluded area 'away from the madding crowd'. Due to the fact that the road to the house is a long and winding (2 mile) country drive that finishes at a dead end, there is almost zero traffic. At night you can see a gazillion stars, and it is so quiet you can almost hear them twinkling. Stores and restaurants are within 20 minute drive in both directions (South and North). At nearby Princeville and Hanalei there are restaurants from the laid back walk-ins where the locals like to hang out to the sophisticated, haute cuisine. There are many excellent hiking trails on Kauai and even 'amusement park' type places; one with a zip line. This is one of the most beautiful beaches in Hawaii. The house is 2 stories with no interior stairway between upstairs and downstairs, so both bedrooms have privacy, but may not be convenient for families with small children who need to sleep close to their parents....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Owner accepts personal checks, PayPal and Online Pay by ECheck. $500 deposit with a signed contract due to hold the reservation. Balance of rent due 90 days prior to check in. If check-in date is within 90 days of booking entire rent amount is due to hold reservation.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- clean out fee: $250
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 13.42%
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Lihue at 20 Miles
- Nearest Beach: moloaa bay at Moloaa Bay
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Bill and Jill purchased this property in mid-2013. Its previous owner utilized it as a vacation rental and let it get a little 'over used', but when we saw it we knew we wanted to be a part of this story and share this beautiful location with previous renters who love it and return again and again, and with new people who can experience it for the first time. Being the new owners we have made some considerable changes improving various aspects of the already wonderful property.
Why the Owner Chose Moloaa Bay:
We fell in love with this place and its surroundings. Awesome ocean and mountain views with 3 decks. Very private. 100 yards to one of the best beaches in Hawaii
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beautiful, secluded Moloaa Beach 100 yards away
Living room has great view and is very comfortable
Nice view if you have some work or correspondence to do !
Fantastic view from one of the decks
The 'bridge to nowhere' overlooks Moloaa Stream
Nicely landscaped tropical gardens
Queen bed in downstairs suite
Full bathroom in both bedrooms
Snorkeling anyone ?
Don't forget the sunscreen !
House sits high and has wonderful Ocean/Mountain views
Master bedroom has great view and opens to a deck
Efficient kitchen fully equipped
Queen sleeper sofa in private downstairs suite
What a beautiful sight
Kitchenette in downstairs suite
This is the life !
Home sweet home
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 03, 2013