Mojito Row- Beautiful Cigar Roller's Cottage Circa 1890
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes, Old Town cottage description
MOJITO ROW- Come stay at a beautifully renovated 19th century (circa 1890) cigar roller's cottage in old town Key West. Key West is the continental United State's only Caribbean island-- closer to Cuba than it is to the mainland United States. This island is technically in Florida, but COMPLETELY different in culture and community. No car necessary! Easy walking distance to everything in town. Fully furnished with Tommy Bahama pieces. This tropical getaway is on a very community oriented compound in the heart of old town. The house is a comfortable 2/2- master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and guestroom with ensuite bathroom. It has new stainless appliances, broad band wireless internet, big HD Plasma TV in great room (with surround sound in living room), dade county pine, master bedroom has huge ensuite bathroom with his and hers sinks, claw foot tubs/showers, master bedroom has queen bed, the second room has two single pillow top beds (very comfortable), with ensuite bathroom. The house is incredibly bright (the pics don't do it justice- I'm not much of a photographer) with high ceilings, windows everywhere, and ceiling fans. The entire back wall of the house can be opened to a wonderful back deck. The back part of the house, deck, railing, outdoor show have all been painted tropical colors since the photos. The deck has new outdoor furniture, outdoor dining, outdoor shower, stainless steel grill, hottub, stainless steel firepit (lots of fun in winter), and a detached bar/cabana. In the hidden landscaped parking area (no one knows it exists but for the residents of the compound) there are three beach cruisers for you to use. It has a front porch from which to play dominoes and watch the world go bye. Truly a great place to visit.
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- The master bedroom has a TOMMY BAHAMA queen bed, nightstand, dresser and gentlemen's dresser. It also has an en suite bathroom. It is part of the original 1890 house. The front bedroom has 2 double beds and an en suite bathroom. This room is also part of the original 1890 house. The great room has a TOMMY BAHAMA couch that comfortably sleeps one....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 is the master bath. It has vaulted ceilings, his and hers sinks, a claw foot tub/shower, toilet, medicine cabinet, and 2 wooden cabinet/shelf units for storage. It also has a loft for additional storage or a mattress for the odd guest. Bathroom 2 is the front bathroom. It has high ceilings, toilet, medicine cabinet, and a cast iron original claw foot tub/shower. Bathroom 3 is the outdoor shower. I use this shower more than the other 2 combined. It is really wonderful to shower under a full moon....moreless
Kitchen & Dining
The kitchen has all stainless steel appliances (oven, stove, refrigerator, dishwaher, microwave, and toaster oven), a large butcher's block/dining space with stools, coffee maker, & TOMMY BAHAMA bar....moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- MOJITO ROW is the quintessential Key West cottage. It is historic, beautiful, bright and full of natural light, quiet, INCREDIBLY close to everything, and a true retreat located in Old Town Key West. Additional 'no fun' info: Festival and Holiday rates are 25% higher than the highest season rate and include but are not limited to Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, Fantasy Fest, Easter, Yacht Race Weeks, Power Boat Race week, Lobster Mini season, Lobster season. You must be at least 25 year of age to secure reservation and take occupancy unless otherwise accompanied by an individual at least 25 years of age. Spring break groups are prohibited and eviction strictly enforced with no refund. NO BOOKING FEE Non refundable 50% due upon booking. The balance is due 60 days prior to arrival....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Fitness Center
- Pier Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Water Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Medical Services
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- MOJITO ROW- Come stay at a beautifully renovated 19th century (circa 1855) cigar roller's cottage in old town Key West. Key West is the continental United State's only Caribbean island-- closer to Cuba than it is to the mainland United States. This island is technically in Florida, but COMPLETELY different in culture and community. No car necessary! Easy walking distance to everything in town. Fully furnished with Tommy Bahama pieces. This tropical getaway is on a very community oriented compound in the heart of old town. The house is a comfortable 2/2- master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and guestroom with ensuite bathroom. It has new stainless appliances, wifi, an HD Plasma TV in the great room, dade county pine, master bedroom has huge ensuite bathroom with his and hers sinks, claw foot tubs/showers, master bedroom has queen bed, the second room has two single pillow top beds (very comfortable), with ensuite bathroom. The house is incredibly bright (the pics don't do it justice- I'm not much of a photographer) with high ceilings, windows everywhere, and ceiling fans. The entire back wall of the house can be opened to a wonderful back deck. The back part of the house, deck, railing, outdoor show have all been painted tropical colors since the photos. The deck has outdoor dining, outdoor shower, stainless steel grill, hottub, stainless steel firepit (lots of fun in winter), and a detached cabana (with laundry facilities). In the hidden landscaped area (no one knows it exists but for the residents of the compound) there are four beach cruisers for you to use. It has a front porch from which to play dominoes and watch the world go bye. Truly a great place to visit. Our neighborhood is in Old Town Key West. The island is VERY safe and friendly. The entire island is 4 x 2 miles. Old Town (the historic part) is MUCH smaller. In our part of town EVERYONE walks or rides their bikes everywhere. Historic homes and businesses surround you as you walk down to the nightly sunset celebration at Mallory Square (free and you MUST SEE THIS), or go to THE TOP at LA CONCHA HOTEL for a bird's eye view of sunset, museums, galleries, orchestra, theatre, OLD TOWN GHOST TOUR (a must), or jump on a charter boat to take you to the reef or back country. You can sneak a peak at Jimmy Buffet's house (which is not even a 2 minute walk away) on your walk to the beach or the Hemingway house tour. There are loads of gourmet restaurants all within easy walking distance and the live music and night life of Duval street is famous. The neighbors are all close-knit and very kind. It is difficult to convey the vibe of Key West. Key West is unlike any other place I have ever lived or visited. It is VERY safe. It is very unpretensious. Key West has a 'live and let live' attitude. You could roller skate down Duval st. wearing a chicken costume and a pair of bull horns, singing the Latvian National Anthem and no one would look at you twice. Imagine a less crowded, friendlier Mardi Gras- but year round and in the caribbean....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - May 31, 2014
30 night min stay
Feb 1 - Feb 28, 2014
28 night min stay
Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2014
30 night min stay
Sep 1 - Sep 30, 2014
30 night min stay
Oct 1 - Oct 31, 2014
30 night min stay
Nov 1 - Nov 30, 2014
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
I also offer options that are not available on the "schedule." Contact owner: JMH0013@gmail.com
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Cleaning fee: $125
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: EWY at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Key West to FT. Meyer's Ferry at 1 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US 1 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Southernmost Beach at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Bobby's Monkey Bar at 60 Metres
- Nearest Golf: KEY WEST Golf Course at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Seven Fish at 30 Metres
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: I was born in the Midwest and moved to Florida when I was 19. I attended the University of Michigan, University of South Florida, and finished undergrad overseas. Then I traveled and sang around Europe and Asia for a while before coming back to the USA to attend law school at the University of Florida. While on vacation in Key West, I jumped onstage and sang a couple songs. The owner of the bar offered me a job which I refused 3 times over the course of the weekend. Finally, he made me an offer I couldn't refuse and (with my parent's blessing) I decided to be a musician instead of a lawyer. I have been a performer/recording artist based out of Key West since 1998 and I have traveled to countries all over the world- 6 out of 7 continents. From riding a monster wave on the North Shore of Hawaii to riding an elephant in the bush of Mpumalanga, from climbing a rock face in the French Alps to climbing a 350 ft. sand dune in the Sahara Desert, from singing for the Queen of Thailand to singing in a pub in Dublin- It's been quite an amazing time.
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes, Old Town:
I have been around the world. I lost count of all of the countries I have lived, worked, and traveled in. As far as an actual home-base goes, you can't beat Key West. The history, the nightlife, the restaurants, the live entertainment scene, the culture, THE WATER, and the 'live and let live' attitude make it a truly unique place.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
I had recently sold a house on the water here in Key West. I wasn't sure I was going to buy another home (I own 3 long term rental properties) in Key West. I just happened to walk by a Sunday 'open house.' I was in the door and five minutes later I made an offer above asking price. The history, location, and attention to detail grabbed me from the moment I saw the place.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
the front porch with 2 hammocks for relaxation or napping
the foliage seen from the back deck
outdoor shower- hot and cold!
vaulted ceiling in kitchen/greatroom
greatroom with the doors open to the back deck- brings outside IN!
other view of master bath
master bedroom with high ceiling
alternate view of front bedroom with en suite bathroom
alternate view of front bathroom with claw foot tub and shower
alternate view of master bedroom with en suite master bathroom
the front of MOJITO ROW
The entire back wall consists of french doors. It's AWESOME in cooler months.
back deck with plants and hot tub
master bath with vaulted ceiling and claw foot tub and shower
his and her sinks in master bath
front bedroom with 2 double beds and en suite bathroom
original cast iron claw foot tub in front bathroom
My son and I on a trip with MOJITO JOE CHARTERS- STEEP discounts to guests.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, November 07, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.