Your Private Beach Retreat!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Wicker Inn Beach Resort cottage description
This quaint inn features ten suites and one cottage all newly renovated with timeless Old Florida decor. Painted in pastels, each thoughtfully-appointed suite has white wicker rockers and an outdoor grill on its front porch or patio. All of this surrounded by tropical blooms, lush foliage, vine covered arbors, swaying palm trees, gazebo and private, heated swimming pool. Find your perfect suite or cottage.
The Wicker Inn continues to be one of Florida's best-kept secrets. Located only 20 minutes from Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport and just over an hour from St. Petersburg and Tampa International airports. The Inn is close to all the world-class shopping, dining and entertainment of Sarasota, yet a world away.
The Wicker Inn is the ideal beach vacation destination - for a week, a month or a few nights. Discover the laid-back privacy and island charm of a one, two or three-bedroom suite, thoughtfully appointed and fully equipped for your every vacation need. Book your vacation today!
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Roller Blading
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- There are many reasons why Longboat Key is such an extraordinary place. Among them is the abundance of wildlife, including dolphins, fish and a variety of shorebirds. Others find Longboat Key the perfect place for the perfect romantic getaway or just relaxing. Plus the shopping, casual and elegant dining, entertainment, museums and some of the best fishing around...what's not to love about the special Florida enclave. We've listed just a few of the many exciting (or relaxing) activates you can find during your stay with us. ADVENTURE Several local Kayak tours provide a wide range of guided kayak eco tours (Lido Key, Siesta Key, Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key and around the state of Florida) that will allow you to get closer to nature while experiencing an adventure of a lifetime. Come and explore the natural beauty of Florida and venture through pristine habitats and natural ecosystems. Fully-guided, eco tours are customized for all ages, physical conditions and interests. The Bayfront Park Recreation Center is a public recreation facility run by the Town of Longboat Key. Its goal is to provide affordable, wholesome recreation for Youth, Adults, and Senior citizens. This includes leisure and recreational sports, organized sports leagues and activities, educational programs, cultural classes and seminars, social functions, and special events for all ages and interests. Parasail Experience spectacular views of Anna Maria Island and the Gulf Coast as you soar to new heights. Breathtaking takeoffs, water dips when requested, and smooth landings provided by experienced licensed captains and crew are designed to provide the optimal experience. Parasailing is fun and safe for the whole family. Children can fly tandem with adults. EXPLORATION Durante Park This 32 acre park is located on Sarasota Bay, just across the street from The Wicker Inn.. The site offers a variety of coastal dune habitats. Gravel trails and boardwalks lead through mangrove forests and over salt marsh lagoons. The Marie Selby Botanical Gardens www.selby.org The 9.5-acre bayfront property is an open-air and under-glass museum of more than 20,000 colorful plants, many collected in the wild on over 150 scientific expeditions to tropical rain forests by Selby Gardens research staff. Seven greenhouses are the heart of botanical research and plant identification, for which Selby Gardens is internationally recognized. Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium www.mote.org Explore the secrets of the sea with touch pools, shark, dolphin, manatee and sea turtle exhibits and over 100 other species of marine life. Viewable working labs and high-tech interactive exhibits showcase the world-renowned research of Mote Marine Laboratory. Ringling Museum of art www.ringling.org The Museum of Art, built by John Ringling to house his personal collection of masterpieces, today features paintings and sculptures by the great Old Masters including Rubens, van Dyck, VelÃ¡zquez, Titian, Tintoretto, Veronese, El Greco, Gainsborough and more. The European, American and Asian masterworks available here make the Museum of Art an awe-inspiring retreat. It is a palace for treasures emulating the footprint of Florence's Uffizi Gallery, echoing its grace and grandeur. FISHING Some of the best fishing in the world is found in the waters around Sarasota. From offshore sport fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, to the bays, flats and Intracoastal waterway, there are plenty of fishing charters to take you there. DINING Within the neighborhood The Blue Dolphin Cafe www.bluedolphincafe.com The Blue Dolphin Cafe is located near the Wicker Inn on Longboat Key. It is an intimate, fun cafe serving great breakfast and lunch daily. Harry's Continental Kitchens www.harryskitchen.com Harry's Continental Kitchens restaurant on Longboat Key, Florida is fine dining at its best. A relaxed atmosphere, lovely tropical dining room, award winning menu and wine list, friendly and expert service combine to make dining at Harry's a satisfying and enjoyable experience. In addition to the restaurant is Harry's famous deli. Euphemia Haye Restaurant www.euphemiahaye.com Within walking distance of Wicker Inn, Euphemia Haye is recognized as one of the region's finest gourmet restaurants....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 15 - Jan 15, 2014
1 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Jan 16 - Apr 15, 2014
1 night min stay
Apr 16 - Nov 15, 2014
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
25% at time of reservation; balance due 30 days prior to arrival
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 11.5%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Sarasota Bradenton International Airport at 10 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Wicker Inn Beach at Wicker Inn Beach Resort
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Longboat Key is the ideal beach settings for the ultimate Florida vacation. Stretching between the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico and serene Sarasota Bay, these keys attract many visitors who come to enjoy the average year-round temperature of 73 degrees. The area is appreciated by wildlife as well, so these waters are home to manatee, dolphins, and fish, while pelicans, osprey, and a variety of shorebirds find sanctuary here. Tennis and golf enthusiasts will find first-class facilities here, and there are several parks on the Keys to visit for a relaxing afternoon. Whether you like to spend your time shelling, biking, shopping, fishing, golfing, or dining, opportunities for these activities are boundless on Longboat Key. Well known as private island paradises, there are accommodations here to suit everyone, from deluxe suites in plush resorts and condominiums to beachfront cottages and modest hotel rooms. The Longboat Key Center for the Arts, with a permanent collection and changing exhibits of juried and invitational shows, hosts art classes, workshops, and cultural events here on Longboat Key. Sarasota's many cultural centers are only minutes away over the south bridge, including Van Wezel Performing Arts Center, Asolo Theater, Ringling Museum, Sarasota Ballet and Opera, and several other live theaters. You'll find terrific shopping on Longboat Key, and St. Armands Key. Anna Maria Island and Bradenton, over the north bridge, both also offer a variety of shopping, theater, and cultural experiences.
- Primary: 800-285-3481
- Secondary: +1 941-387-8344
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, September 18, 2013