Renovated Getaway with a Mountain View Near All Amenities
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kimberley house description
Our renovated and modern home is over 70 years old. It was originally built for families of the Sullivan Mine employees.
Our home has 2 bedrooms on the second storey, each with mountain views, and a third bedroom on the main level.
On the main floor, we also have a separate living area, which opens onto a front deck with views, a dining room that can seat 4 or 6, a kitchen with access onto a back deck and a 3 piece bathroom.The back deck also has a propane barbecue.
The basement offers a family room with a wood burning stove, a 46 inch flat screen T.V., an additional bathroom, laundry facilities and storage for outdoor equipment.
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 5-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Wood Stove
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Climbing
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Gambling Casinos
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Our home is ideally situated for nature lovers. Just minutes from our home are the Lois Creek Nature Trails and Cominco Gardens. We're also a five minute drive from the Kimberley Nature Park, which is a 50 kilometre long network of natural surface trails allowing visitors and their dogs to safely explore the Park by foot, bicycle, snowshoe or ski. We're also a five minute drive from the 25 km long NorthStar Rails to Trails linking Kimberley to Cranbrook in the South on a converted railway bed. This year round, multi-use (non-motorized only) trail offers gentle grades in both directions allowing people to enjoy the fantastic scenery together. Bikers, walkers, skateboarders, roller bladers and cross country skiers will also enjoy this jewel of the local trail network. Water lovers may enjoy kayaking, canoeing, rafting or white water rafting, inner tubing or power boats on mountain lakes and rivers. Some of these include the St. Mary's River, Wasa Lake, Lazy Lake and Premier Lake. Downhill and cross-country skiers will find that our home is a few minutes drive from the Kimberley Alpine Ski Resort and the Kimberley Nordic Centre. The Ski Resort offers 5 lifts and 80 beginner, intermediate and advanced ski runs. The modern nordic centre facility includes a comfortable 1,200 sq ft lodge with washrooms, a racer's warming/waxing hut, 30 km of groomed double track trails, a 3.3 kilometer lit loop for night skiing, a 1.0 km lit sprint loop and 6.5 km of single track trails. Golf enthusiasts can spend their days on Golf Digest acclaimed courses such as Trickle Creek Golf Course, or championship 18 hole courses such as Bootleg Gap Golf Course and the Kimberley Golf Course. The town also offers 32 restaurants which cater to diverse culinary tastes, and all of these are just minutes from home by foot, bicycle or car. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Fall shoulder season
Oct 1 - Dec 13, 2013
2 night min stay
Dec 14 - Mar 30, 2014
2 night min stay
|Spring shoulder season
Mar 31 - Jun 15, 2014
2 night min stay
Jun 16 - Sep 30, 2014
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are quoted based upon maximum occupancy of 4 adults, 1 child and 1 infant/toddler.
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Cranbrook International Airport at 24.8 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: 93 at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Wasa Lake Provincial Park at 33.2 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Pedal and Tap at 1.7 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Kimberley Alpine Ski Resort and Nordic Centre at 4.4 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Trickle Creek at 3.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: The Old Baurenhaus Restaurant at 3.1 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: My husband and I both live and work in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and we're nature lovers! In the summer we love to hike on Kimberley's nature trails and canoe in lakes near Kimberley. In winter we snowshoe and cross country ski.
Why the Owner Chose Kimberley:
To us, our Kimberley home is an escape from our busy lives. Surrounded by nature, tall trees and beautiful mountain views, we're away from it all while still living in a vibrant community. Our home is filled with large windows, lots of light and has a sophisticated log cabin feel and all the amenities. Easy to get to, our home is a 20 minute drive from the Cranbrook International Airport or a 4 hour scenic mountain drive to Calgary, Alberta on well maintained highways.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
One of our favorite past-times is to sit in rocking chairs on our front deck and watch the weather systems roll over the mountains. The large trees in front of the home also offer rustic charm.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Our home in Spring, Summer and Fall
Dressed for the holidays
Year round visitors
Open floor plan of the dining room and living room. Stairs lead to 2 bedrooms.
View from the living room and the front deck
Guest room 2 of 3 with single bed and crib.
Canoeing at Lazy Lake - a short drive outside of Kimberley
View of the Kimberley Alpine Ski Resort from the front windows and deck
Kitchen and back door to back deck with barbecue and carport.
Guest room #1 of 3. This room has a view of the Rockies and a walk-in closet
Family room with wood burning stove
St. Mary's Lake in winter - a short drive from our home
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, September 23, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!