Millstreamfarmhouse.Com Offers You the Experience of a Lifetime
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Hershey farmhouse description
The millstream farmhouse estate, was designed by Thomas Jefferson, and built starting in 1803 by John and Anna Bachman, is comprised of 12 lavishly landscaped acres, open to your exploration and enjoyment. The millstream farmhouse allows you to take a step back in time or simply just steal some time away to enjoy some peace and create memories with family. As you begin your stay at the Millstream farm house, you will quickly realize why this home has catered to up to 26 weddings a year and hundreds of private vacations for countless families seeking the perfect spot to create and share lifelong memories.
The Millstream farmhouse is bordered by The ‘Bachman Run’ creek, which runs the entire length of the property. The creek has 2 waterfalls to enjoy the calming sounds of water while sitting on the bridge or simply taking a nap by the creek. You will not be able to help yourself by getting swept into the timely character and history all around you during your stay.
Memories to be made for young and old, the Millstream farmhouse is just minutes from Mount Gretna, the playhouse, the Jigger shop, and all the mountain getaway has to offer. And venture a few miles down the road to the historic town of Hershey. Where you can get your fill of any sweet chocolate or candy your heart desires. Hershey also offers HersheyPark from spring to fall, as well as the Hershey Zoo, the Hershey Story Museum, Hershey’s Chocolate world, and so much more.
Don’t forget to visit the elegant Hershey Theater for a performance or venture to the Hershey Giant center for all of the top headlining artists of today and yesterday. All here for your enjoyment.
The farmhouse is only minutes from the world famous ‘Pennsylvania Renaissance Fair’ and only a short drive to explore the traditional Amish areas of Lancaster county.
The home is comprised of 5 bedrooms – easily sleeping up to 12 or more to entertain your family for years.
The home offers a formal dining area that can accommodate up to 20+ people, as you may have your own parties in the midst of an early 1800’s formal dining area. There is no wonder why this amazing property also served as a successful Bed and Breakfast hosting many who have enjoyed all the Millstream Farmhouse has to offer you.
The downstairs is calling out from the days of old with it’s own ‘pub’ where all your guests will mingle by one of the 2 original working fireplaces. Enjoy the history speckled throughout the house from the original kitchen fireplace where meals were prepared – now transformed to your own cooking paradise with dual ovens offering an opportunity to cook for a large function and to be able to gaze out the window at the turn of the 1800’s millhouse – exposing it’s beauty to you.
From the timely ‘kids forts’ in the woods, still standing to be enjoyed, to the bridge over the stream where you can gaze and spy upon heron, hawks, trout, rabbits, deer and all mother nature has to offer, The millstream farm house is an amazing property you and your family will want to come to for years to come. Once you stay here, you become a part of this amazing property’s history. You will never be the same. The millstream farmhouse fills up fast, so be sure to lock in your next vacation, stay or getaway now.
- 5000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Game Room
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Fly Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Winery Tours
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Recreation Center
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- See the downtown street lights shaped like Hershey Kisses, Hershey's Chocolate World and the factory tour, HersheyPark with their water rides, roller coasters, and a grand mix of rides for all ages. Visit HERSHEY'S new attraction - The HERSHEY Story (the museum on Chocolate Avenue) where the story comes to life including chocolate tasting at Café Zooka! Shop at the Tanger Outlets of Hershey, stay a cool 52 degrees at Indian Echo Caverns, ride the M & H Railroad train in Middletown, or race go-karts and play mini golf at Adventure Sports just a few minutes from the Millstream Farmhouse. For concerts, Hershey Bears hockey, and more check out the Giant Center. For the antique auto buffs, you can visit the Antique Auto Museum at Hershey for a display of over 90 historic automobiles and buses in dramatic period settings. Or you could take a short drive east to Lancaster County. With many sights to see from Sight and Sound Theaters, to the amusement park at Dutch Wonderland, to working farms, outlet shopping, and fabulous food at the many Amish family restaurants. Only 15 minutes away in Lebanon County lies Mount Gretna. Mount Gretna Miniature Golf is a fun stop for families with younger children, or for couples who want a good laugh. If you want to do some serious golfing, the Tree Top Golf Course affords its golfers great views and difficult holes. Later, you could visit a local favorite, the Timber Restaurant. Open since the 1960's, The Timber Restaurant is well-known for its great food and rustic ambiance. The Cornwall Iron Furnace is a popular stop for people who want to see the furnace that operated from 1742 until 1883. For those who just want to shop their vacation away, the Old Mill House Shoppe is a great boutique for hand-crafted goods, hand-dipped candles, and a strange potpourri selection. Delight in a “jigger” or baked Alaska ice cream sundae at the Jigger Shop, open from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Enjoy a relaxing summer swim at Mt. Gretna Lake and Beach. Or admire unique and amazing artwork at the Mount Gretna Art Festival every August. Visit Millstream Farmhouse for a more in depth look into the areas surrounding the Millstream Farmhouse....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $250
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 6%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Golf: Royal Oaks Golf Course at 3 Miles
About the owner: I grew up in the area, and always wanted to own an older farm estate with character. When I first heard of the story behind this house, I was sold...and you will be too.
Why the Owner Chose Hershey:
This property was built in 1813, and the mill house on the property was built in 1803 (started at the turn of that century). The history & peace will overwhelm you. It's an amazing property with an amazing stream, bridge, lands, and more...not enough room here to share.
The Unique Benefits at this Farmhouse:
Character - Thomas Jefferson designed the home, and it has many features of his home in Monticello, VA. Timeless & unique...one of a kind.
Take in all the history and relaxation the Millstream Farmhouse has to offer
Drift into the history of this majestic farm.
Take a step back in time at the Millstream Farmhouse
Another one of our spacious and relaxing guest suites
The beautiful garden which comes to life every spring with colorful flowers
The old style pub to entertain your friends and family.
The old millhouse serves as the staff quarters for this beautiful property.
The dining rooms comfortably accommodate up to 20 people for small parties
Soak in the history of this 3 story home designed by Thomas Jefferson.
Enjoy the sunset by the old well that still draws water today.
One of the 5 luxurious guest suites
Throughout spring and summer, the garden attracts butterflies and songbirds
Similar insignias can be found throughout this historic property.
With early 1900s furniture, the dining room is a great spot for family memories
Relax by one of the original fire places in this historic parlor
The Millstream Farmhouse is the perfect place to plan a getaway.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 13, 2014
5 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.