Incredible Ocean View, Private Pool & Awesome Price
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Uvita cabin description
Casita Donna Marie is located 1,000 feet above Ballena National Park with incredible unobstructed views of the ocean, the Pacific coastline, Uvita valley and the tropical jungle. Enjoy relaxing on the deck or take a dip in your private pool while enjoying the sounds and vistas that surround you. The pool has gradual steps to a sitting bench for easy entry/exit and for a variety of spots for sipping your favorite drink. The casita is currently the only residence on the property giving you complete privacy. Wildlife abounds around the property, and from the deck there have been frequent spotting’s of white face monkeys, howler monkeys, parrots, toucans and many… many varieties of exotic birds. The monkey’s migration path is in trees along the property line. Even though you are above the ocean you can see and hear the waves crashing on the beach. Your fantastic view also includes Cano Island and the three sisters (a rock formation in the Ballena National Park). At night the vista changes to a wonderful view of the lights in the valley below, as well as the lights from the main village of Uvita.
Casita Donna Marie is located in a private community with many very nice homes and you will even pass by “Kura Design Villa”, a five star villa located only a few hundred yards from the property. The casita is near the end of a dead end road, currently the last residence on this road which gives you plenty of privacy. The palm lined driveway and main home building site is over 100 yards long, giving you plenty of area on the property to walk around to enjoy the views. The public road is barely traveled giving you another great place to walk. The floor plan is simple, very open to the outdoors and lots of windows to enjoy your fantastic views. There is not a need for air conditioning due to the breezes coming up the valley from the ocean during the day and there are mountain downdrafts keeping you cool at night! There is plenty of natural ventilation to accommodate the breezes.
As in many communities in Costa Rica the road to Casita Donna Marie requires a 4x4 vehicle. Driving just about anywhere in CR is a nature adventure and the road up is no exception. You go past two waterfalls through the jungle while having ocean views that will take your breath away. Trina, our property manager will meet you upon arrival at the bottom of the mountain to lead you up on your first trip.
The Uvita area, Ventanas, Dominical and Ojochal offer some of the most pristine beaches. There are many restaurants for variety serving international as well local cuisine are amazing and need to be enjoyed. Adventuresome and educational activities are available for every kind of interest. Our staff & the information center are available to assist with bookings.
Please call with any questions we are always available to assist.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3, Beds for 2-3
- Queen size bed, great view to the ocean & valley below
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Large walk in shower separate from toilet & lavatory.
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Uvita has become the tourist destination of the south Pacific side of Costa Rica. There are banks/ATM's, various businesses for shopping, restaurants and medical treatment all within a short drive. Below are activities listed by Uvita's own information center who can arrange all kinds of activities for you. Punta Uvita Beach and the Whale’s Tale: Take a 25-minute walk from the center of Uvita to Punta Uvita Beach at ebb tide to discover the famous whale’s tail sandbar. Enjoy walking through it to the point and dip in the warm, quiet waters at either side of this amazing formation. Arco Beach: Accessible only at low tide through Ballena Beach (at Km 169). It offers a great combination of cliffs, primary forest, and caves. A beautiful spot to see Ballena Island and enjoy the sunset. Ventanas Beach: Located about 15 km south of Uvita (before Km 174). Small, u-shaped beach with two caverns formed on the rock by the breaking waves. Great for swimming and playing with boogie boards. Waterfalls and swimming holes There is a beautiful waterfall 2 km from the center of Uvita. Start at Banco de Costa Rica and go straight ahead to the east. This fall is on the road up the hill right after Uvita’s graveyard. There is also a nice waterfall and swimming hole in Dominicalito (15 km north of Uvita). It is on the road running behind the soccer field of Dominicalito, up to Escaleras. Ask locals for Poza Azul. Self-guided activities For a small fee of $6, you can hike on the trails of Rancho La Merced Wildlife Refuge. Here you can spot a great variety of wildlife (birds, mammals, insects, and reptiles) and experience different habitats: primary and secondary forest, mangrove, pasture, river, and beach. For a similar fee, you can also hike on the rainforest trails of Hacienda Baru Wildlife Refuge and visit their birding tower and their orchid and butterfly gardens. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Apr 5, 2014
4 night min stay
Dec 21 - Dec 27, 2013
7 night min stay
|New Years Week
Dec 28 - Jan 3, 2014
7 night min stay
Apr 6 - Aug 31, 2014
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Cancellation prior to 60 days before arrival date: deposit 100% refund, cancellation between 30 - 60 days before arrival date: deposit 50% refund, cancellation less than 30 days before arrival date: 0% refund. We will make every effort to re-rent a canceled reservation period. If we are successful, we will be pleased to refund the entire amount received
- Cleaning Fee: $50
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $200
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2004
About: My wife and I are retired, although my wife is currently doing some consulting work. We live in New Smyrna Beach Florida but we spend the winters in Steamboat Springs Colorado for the ski season. Now that the casita is built we will likely spend two to four months in Costa Rica each year.
We first visited Jaco Costa Rica in 2002 with both of our sons to enjoy a surfing trip. We all fell in love with Costa Rica and decided the following year to start looking for property. We had heard that the southern Pacific coastline is where the mountains meet the ocean and the vegetation was dense and green. We probably looked at some 30 pieces of property from Matapalo to the north down to Ventanas to the south. When our realtor drove us up to this property the family looked at each other and we knew for certain this is where we wanted to be.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
The biggest appeal was the open unobstructed view we would have from anywhere on the property. The driveway is about 100 yards to the main building site and the view is open and beautiful; ocean, coastline, valley & jungle and no possibility of someone building in front of us.
- Primary: (813) 748-9616 (Florida, USA)
- Secondary: (813) 956-8932 (Florida, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Public road just before entering driveway
Casita located along driveway to main building site
View from main plantel at top of driveway where main house will be built
Casita Donna Marie
Photo taken from deck
Gradual steps leading into the pool to bench
Full size six foot sofa.
Large toilet and vanity room
Beautiful view from dining table
Wide view from sofa, ocean or jungle
Jungle view with sun setting
THIS COULD BE YOU!
Secure gate entrance
View of Whale's Tail & Casita Donna Marie
Incredible view from Pool & Deck
Photo taken from deck
Photo taken from deck
Just completed in 2013
Very open and well ventillated
Large walk in shower
A comfy bench for a different great view
Gate and fence to assure privacy
View from deck where monkeys are often sighted
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, November 22, 2013