Located in Barrio Viejo, a Historic Neighborhood in Downtown Tucson, Arizona
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Downtown house description
This custom designed barrio home was built in 1991 in character with the historic properties found throughout Barrio Viejo. From the thick adobe walls to the salvaged windows, doors and hardware, each detail combines to create a beautiful, unique space in downtown Tucson.
- 1450 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Satellite / Cable
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Scenic Drives
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- The Samaniego House is located within walking/biking distance of many of Tucson's museums and other unique destinations: -- La Palita and the Mi Tiradia Wishing Shrine http://www.lapilita.com/ -- Tucson Museum of Art http://www.tucsonmuseumofart.org/ -- MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) http://www.moca-tucson.org/ -- Cafe Poca Cosa http://cafepocacosatucson.com/ -- Penca Restaurant http://www.pencarestaurante.com/ -- Little Cafe Poca Cosa http://www.littlepocacosa.com/ -- Tucson's new modern streetcar (projected to begin operations in 2014) - which will connect downtown Tucson to the Mercado San Augustin, 4th Ave. District and the University of Arizona http://www.tucsonstreetcar.com/ -- Santa Cruz River Park http://www.visittucson.org/listings/Santa-Cruz-River-Park-Trail/6352/ and within a short drive of: -- the University of Arizona -- Gate's Pass -- South Tucson -- Mission San Xavier del Bac -- Tucson Mountain Park -- The Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum For more information on Tucson's major attractions: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60950-Activities-Tucson_Arizona.html ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 7 - Jan 9, 2014
7 night min stay
|Event: Gem Show
Jan 10 - Feb 20, 2014
7 night min stay
Feb 21 - Jun 3, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date; however, refunds are subject to a processing fee of $25. The complete payment terms are provided in the rental agreement, provided at the time of final booking.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning fee: $50
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Tucson International Airport at 10 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Cushing Street Bar and Restaurant at 0.15 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: El Minuito Cafe at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1991
About the owner: I manage this property with the help of family members, including Bob the Parrot - who was on board for the initial construction of the house in 1991. He won't be included in the rental, however! Joanne
Why the Owner Chose Downtown:
My husband, the late Tucson architect Bill Mueller, designed and built this unique barrio home after discovering a small lot with a beautiful mesquite tree in Barrio Viejo. He supervised the construction which included a lot of volunteered work by our family members and friends as well as local artisans and contractors. The house was designed and built to preserve the mature mesquite tree. As a landscape architect, I wholeheartedly supported this decision!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Quoted from previous renters: 'We can easily say this place was the best home we have ever rented. It has a great layout, awesome vibe, and unique character and attention to detail. The neighborhood is close to everything we love: downtown, 4th Ave and the University. Our time here has left us with fond memories with our friends and family.' The Samaniego House has cable TV and wireless internet access, as well as an alarm system with monitoring for your increased safety and security during your visit.
- Primary: 5207778185
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Great Room with living, dining and kitchen
Detail of custom, hand constructed adobe fireplace
Dining table (set includes six chairs)
Open kitchen with gas stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, and microwave oven
Expanisive master bedroom
Second fireplace and entertainment center in master bedroom
Custom mirror frame compliments Mexican Pueblo Deco tile accent
The futon has a new memory foam mattress topper for comfortable sleeping
Private bathroom off of bedroom features a shower detailed with Mexican tile
View of street, school playground and neighborhood from front entry.
Front entry, planting area and private patio
Living area with entertainment center and custom built adobe fireplace
French doors open onto private patio
Kitchen bar and bar stools
Kitchen features a commercial grade Wolf stove/oven
Master BR has a new California King mattress set for maximum sleeping comfort
French doors open onto patio from Master Bedroom
Clawfoot tub is perfect for a relaxing soak and also include a convenient shower
Second bedroom features futon opening to a European queen bed
Ceiling fan and light in second bedroom.
Historic reuse of windows and hardware throughout the house
Architectural detailing inside and out throughout this beautiful home
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 05, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.