Private 2BR Studio Cottage; Tranquil and Lush - Centrally Located!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Huelo cottage description
| Fully Equipped Kitchen | BBQ | Full Private House & Yard | Outdoor Shower | Hillbilly Hot-Tub | Washer/Dryer | TV/DVD | Roku, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu | WiFi Internet | VoIP Wireless Phone | iPod Dock | Towels & Linens |
- Very private/stand-alone home.
- Studio cottage with a second bedroom.
- Remodeled Feb 2012.
- Ample windows look out to the lush plantings surrounding the cottage.
- Vaulted exposed-beam wood ceilings, strategic window positioning & tile floors throughout keep it comfortable and cool.
- Very private stand-alone cottage with private yard, driveway & parking.
- Outdoor bamboo shower & Hillbilly Hot Tub
- Full kitchen.
- Washer & dryer.
- High speed Internet.
- Quality bali/island-style furnishings, Tommy Bahama linens & towels.
Down to earth and set in the authentic Hawaii you knew existed, but had no idea how to find. If you’re looking for an affordable, non-touristy private home, you just found it.
Exceptionally private and clean, the high quality furnishings, linens and kitchen appliances are kept in like-new condition.
The cottage has loads of windows overlooking tropical plants, a heavily producing yummy Avocado tree is next to the kitchen window, coconut, breadfruit, hibiscus and heliconia are also plentiful.
Bedrooms & Bedding
You may be asking yourself, “is it a two-bedroom or a studio?” Originally built as an open studio cottage with a large enclosed lanai, the lanai has just recently been remodeled into a second bedroom.
This is an open floorplan with the master bedroom connected to the main living area. The second bedroom can be closed off from the rest of the house affording privacy to couples traveling together, or especially useful to families who would like to put the kids to sleep early without ending the night for themselves.
Both bedrooms have high-quality queen beds. The Master bed is a Sealy Posturepedic pillowtop. The lanai bedroom has a Simmons Beautyrest pillowtop.
(For spare kids you may have hanging around, there is also a mini-twin futon, a pack-and-play – and oh, and the two sofas are kid sized!)
The pub-style dining table sits in a pocket of windows – a perfect spot to share breakfast to the sounds of songbirds in the morning.
The full kitchen has everything you need to prepare a meal, snacks or drinks. High quality Hawaiian-style ceramic dishes, assorted glassware, pots & pans, silverware, etc is all high quality and new. A new blender, microwave, toaster oven and coffee maker are among the small appliances. Everything is solid quality and full-sized, not like what you expect in typical vacation condos and hotels.
There is also a reverse osmosis water filter installed at the sink to filter the rainwater supplied tap for clean drinking water.
Bathroom & Shower
The bathroom is simple yet functional. When you’re in here looking for the shower, you’ll find none – but open the door and a path leads out to an awesome outdoor bamboo shower with what we call a “hillbilly hotub” next to the shower, it is a 4? round ~200 gal. soaking tub (larger and much deeper than a standard bath tub.) What a treat!
Warning: After you shower here you’ll never want to shower inside again.
Waipio Bay is a couple miles into the unofficial start of the famous Road to Hana, at the edge of the rainforest. Since Maui is small, and the resort areas are not centrally located, this private and “remote” area is ironically quite central for active people looking to experience the huge variety Maui has to offer.
This location is also a great choice for those who want privacy, serenity and a peaceful place to recharge since it is off the beaten tourist path, and at the end of a private road.
- 900 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- 2 Queen Beds, 1 Futon, 1 Pac and Play.
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
- Private outdoor shower and tub with hot/cold water!
Kitchen & Dining
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Massage Therapist
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Winery Tours
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Location Waipio Bay is a couple miles into the unofficial start of the famous Road to Hana, at the edge of the rainforest. Since Maui is small, and the resort areas are not centrally located, this private and “remote” area is ironically quite central for active people looking to experience the huge variety Maui has to offer. This location is also a great choice for those who want privacy, serenity and a peaceful place to recharge since it is off the beaten tourist path, and at the end of a private road. Twin Falls is practically our neighbour. The Bamboo Forest is just 4 miles away. We're close to Pa'ia, and Makawao. The Road to Hana begins here. Closer + avoid traffic bottlenecks to Kula, Ulapalakua and Haleakala Park vs. staying in resort areas. About the same drive-time to Iao Valley and Kahului as the resorts are. About twenty minutes more to drive to either resort area vs. staying in one and driving to explore the other (and you should explore it all!) Drives on this side of Maui are incredibly beautiful, enjoyable and scenic, making day-tripping all over the island an absolute pleasure and a must-do! To find out if the North Shore is for you, Google 'should I stay on the north shore maui' to see a great article that the system won't let us put a direct link to in here :)...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|March - December 2014
Mar 1 - Dec 20, 2014
2 night min stay
|Christmas - New Year's 2015
Dec 21 - Jan 7, 2015
7 night min stay
|January - February 2015
Jan 8 - Feb 28, 2015
2 night min stay
|March - December 2015
Mar 1 - Dec 20, 2015
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
- One Time Checkout Cleaning Fee: $120
- Tax Rate 13.42%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: I'm an author and live in another home on the property. I discovered Maui was my soul's long-lost home in the 90's and whenever we came back home to visit, we found this area to be the best home base for our adventures around the island. When we moved to Maui in 2004, we spent three years searching for the perfect place, renting and moving five times to feel out different areas before we found the perfect location in 2007. We have had hundreds of thrilled visitors over these years, and hope to add you as one too!
Why the Owner Chose Huelo:
The location is perfect for our active family of six. We can walk out our door and be swimming in waterfall pools or hiking jungle in minutes. We can drive to a dozen beautiful uncrowded beaches in 15-20 minutes. All the rest of this spectacularly perfect island is an easy reach.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Being an author and with four active kids - we're all over Maui, all the time. Having this location as our home base has been perfect for our busy family because it allows us to experience living in the serenity of the true, natural Hawaii while still being within easy reach of everything the island has to offer.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Guest (second) bed windows
Livingroom foreground, dining and guest bedroom background
Dining room & kitchen
Dining room foreground & guest bedroom background
Vaulted exposed wood ceiling
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, January 27, 2014
2 Bedroom / 0 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.