New Listing: Relaxing Days, Spectacular Sunsets, & Restful Nights on the Marsh
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cedar Key house description
The Marsh House is a two bedroom, two bath home overlooking the salt marsh at the center of Cedar Key. Built in 1998, this is one of the more modern homes in Cedar Key. You will find all of the conveniences of home here, in addition to the peaceful views of the marsh, relaxed island atmosphere, and coastal environment.
- 1275 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Events Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
- The master bedroom has an ensuite bathroom with shower, queen sized sleigh-bed, views over the marsh, and a sliding glass door to the deck. The second bedroom has a full sized bed, a flat screen television, and catches the morning light. There is also a full sized futon in the living room for an extra guest....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Pier Fishing
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Cedar Key is a small island town situated in a cluster of islands in the Gulf of Mexico. It is nestled in the middle of the the largest stretch of undeveloped coastline within the contiguous United States. Life slows to island time in this small community, but there are numerous eclectic restaurants, art shops, and outdoor activities to keep you occupied. Two wildlife refuges and several state preserves border the community, and most of the outlying islands are part of a national wildlife refuge or wilderness area. Mangroves and oyster reefs surround the islands, dolphins and manatees are frequent visitors, and the bird life is rich in diversity. There are several annual celebrations held in Cedar Key, including the seafood, art, and kayaking festivals, as well as the Cedar Key Star Party. Several private tours offer airboat adventures, saltwater fishing, birding, and naturalist tours. Restaurants offer local flavors featuring oysters, clams, and fish, or you may purchase freshly-caught seafood from the local watermen to prepare your own favorites back at the Marsh House kitchen. For those who would like to explore on their own, local businesses on the island offer kayak, bicycle, golf cart, and boat rentals. There are also public boat ramps and marina facilities for those bringing their own boats. An airport on the island offers access by aircraft within walking distance of both the Marsh House and downtown. Cedar Key is not Daytona Beach or Disney World and the locals and other visitors appreciate the distinction. However, the kids will enjoy the municipal sandy swimming beach, safe biking, and extensive playground facilities, while the adults will appreciate the quiet streets and friendly faces. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Winter (high season)
Nov 1 - Apr 1, 2014
4 night min stay
Apr 2 - Oct 31, 2014
2 night min stay
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee: $50
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Cleaning fee: $70
- Tax Rate 9%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Tampa International Airport at 130 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Cedar Key Beach at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Island Hotel Neptune Lounge at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Kona Joe's at 1 Miles
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The Marsh House is one of the best birding sites on the island. There is a bald eagle nest in the stand of pines across the marsh from the back deck, and the marsh attracts waterbirds of all sorts. The house catches the morning light as well as the spectacular sunsets. Due to the remote location of Cedar Key along this stretch of Gulf Coast, the milky way glows on a clear night. It's just a short walk into town for groceries and restaurants, but the house is located down a limerock road, off the beaten path.
- Primary: +1 352-543-5581
- Secondary: +1 352-949-4199
Come on in and make yourself at home!
Master suite overlooking the marsh
Sizeable kitchen for family cooking and entertaining
Flat screen television, DVD player, and a coffee table with inlaid chess board
Spiral staircase and view into cupola
View from the Marsh House deck
Sunset over the marsh
Paddle over to Atsena Otie Key
As viewed from the west marsh
Taking a moment in town
Playground at Cedar Key park
As viewed from the marsh
The second bedroom captures the morning light
Living room and dining area, window and service bar to kitchen
Living room with futon for extra guests and a spiral staircase to the cupola
Cupola with chairs to enjoy the spectacular sunsets
American avocets enjoying low tide
Brown pelican taking flight
Bird watching from the deck
Cedar Key beach
Sittin' on the dock of the bay
Binoculars and reference books for your use
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, November 25, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Tell us your travel details and get an instant price quote from Anne Young