A Grand and Gracious Mexican Home
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Centro Historico villa description
Casa San Miguel is a grand and gracious Mexican home that resonates warmth, style and elegance. Recently featured in Architectural Digest and Casas & Gente, Casa Seis Fuentes is the reconstruction of a 300 year old home. With its original three-foot thick adobe walls, it combines the style and charm of the colonial period with all the modern comforts and conveniences, including a complete gym, heated pool, mini-kitchens and private patios for all bedrooms. The dedicated staff of seven make this a perfect place to stay when exploring San Miguel de Allende, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Guests enjoy a music system throughout the house, with volume controls in each room, ten fireplaces, a rooftop garden with a 360 degree view of the city, an electronic grand piano, a wine cellar and high speed internet access. There is beautiful landscaping, unique architectural design elements, and a series of enchanting terraces with flowing fountains. Comfortable antique and wicker furnishings combine with a collection of decorative art from many cultures to create the perfect atmosphere for enjoying your getaway in San Miguel de Allende to its fullest.
- 8000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Events Allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- Each bedroom has a private bath and patio.
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- All bathrooms include bath products made from locally grown lavender.
Kitchen & Dining
- Towels Provided
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Music Library
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Equestrian Events
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- San Miguel de Allende is a city and municipality located in the far eastern part of the state of Guanajuato in central Mexico. It is 274 km from Mexico City and 97 km from the state capital of Guanajuato. Historically, the town is important as being the birthplace of Ignacio Allende, whose surname was added to the town’s name in 1826, as well as the first municipality declared independent of Spanish rule by the nascent insurgent army during the Mexican War of Independence. However, the town waned during and after the war, and at the beginning of the 20th century was in danger of becoming a ghost town. Its Baroque/Neoclassical colonial structures were 'discovered' by foreign artists who moved in and began art and cultural institutes such as the Instituto Allende and the Escuela de Bellas Artes. This gave the town a reputation, attracting artists such as David Alfaro Siqueiros, who taught painting. This attracted foreign art students, especially former U.S. soldiers studying on the G.I. Bill after the Second World War. Since then, the town has attracted a very large number of foreign retirees, artists, writers and tourists, which is shifting the area’s economy from agriculture and industry to commerce catering to outside visitors and residents. The main attraction of the town is its well-preserved historic center, filled with buildings from the 17th and 18th centuries. This and the nearby Sanctuary of Atotonilco have been declared World Heritage Sites....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 15 - Dec 17, 2013
1 night min stay
Jan 5 - Dec 17, 2014
1 night min stay
Dec 18 - Jan 4, 2015
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed
- Tax Rate 6%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Aeropuerto Intercontinental de Querétaro at 60 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: We are a family from Louisiana that started travelling to San Miguel 30 years ago. Its average annual temperature of 71 degrees means the area enjoys a perpetual spring-like climate. We are happy so share our home with you in hopes that you will love this part of the world as much as we do.
Why the Owner Chose Centro Historico:
Our property offers 5 bedrooms that are designed to give the most privacy you can have in a private home. Each room has a patio with a private bath and area for coffee and a refrigerator. The common rooms are an open Sala, a double living room, and the rooftop with views that are so beautiful you may never want to leave. There is also a breakfast room and a large dining room which can manage large groups easily. We have a maximum of 10 people, but parties are allowed if arranged prior to the stay. We have to allow for proper staffing for large groups. We have a lap pool in the back courtyard which can be heated upon request. Our staff is remarkable. They will attend to your every need and have been with the property for 10 years. This property was known previously as Casa Seis Fuentes and we have many positive reviews that you can find online.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Wifi Stereo System throughout house Purified water in the entire house In home theater Vonage phone for free calls to the U.S. and Canada 4 king beds and Twins that can convert to King Washer/Dryer Fully equipped kitchen Pool Jacuzzi tub in Main Masterbedroom
Courtyard and Pool
Bedroom 2 First Floor
Master 2 patio
Office and patio
Roof top Vista
Walkway to Living Room
Sala and Pool
Bedroom 1 Copper tub
Bedroom room 2 patio
Balcony view from courtyard
Master Bath and dressing area
Bedroom 5 Twins
Roof top view of the Parroquia
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 15, 2013
5 Bedroom / 6.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.