Welcome to Morris Street Cottage, Pet Friendly, 1 Block from Main Street
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Blowing Rock cottage description
Welcome to Morris Street Cottage in Downtown Blowing Rock, North Carolina.
This home was built in 1967 for my Grandmother. 46 years later we renovated it to be the ideal downtown Blowing Rock cottage rental. Be one of the first to experience this beautiful and private cottage.
This is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath home with air conditioning, heat in every room, and a custom front deck. The driveway has enough space for 4 full sized cars. The entire house has a 20MB Wi-Fi internet connection. We also provide a laundry room with laundry detergent, fabric softener, an ironing board and iron included.
Each bedroom includes a firm queen Sealy Posturepedic bed with memory foam topper and high quality linens, 40” Samsung SmartTV with Digital HD Cable, unlimited Netflix, Hulu, web browsing, Tivoli Model One radio with line-in cable, Classic bell alarm clock, ceiling fan and a luggage stand.
The living room is furnished with a 50” Samsung SmartTV with Digital HD Cable, unlimited Netflix, Hulu, web browsing, queen sleeper sofa, USB wall outlet for charging mobile devices, cozy recliner, seating for six, ceiling fan, and various books on Blowing Rock and its history.
The Kitchen is well appointed with a new full size refrigerator and icemaker, Keurig K-Cup coffee maker with coffee K-cups included, electric range and oven, high quality dinnerware and cutlery, liquor glasses and wine goblets, wine rack and all accessories, toaster, microwave, and all accessories needed for cooking.
The bathroom has a porcelain bathtub and shower, electrical outlet for accessories, hair dryer, magazine rack with local brochures and maps, double mirror, frosted privacy window and excellent lighting.
UPDATE: Adding a new Marquis Hot Tub to the deck in April-May 2014.
UPDATE: New lower winter rates. Only $185 a night.
4 miles to Appalachian Ski Mountain
14 Miles to Hawksnest Snow Tubing
16 Miles to Sugar Mountain Resort
23 Miles to Beech Mountain Resort
- 1440 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Live Theater
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Massage Therapist
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Voted the ‘Prettiest Small Town in North Carolina’, and a ‘Favorite Southern Destination’, Blowing Rock, North Carolina is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, just a few miles south of Boone, NC. The quaint little mountain Village of Blowing Rock, NC has two stop lights, a post office, two banks, three small downtown churches, a gas station and market, library, city hall, police station, about two dozen inns, gift shops and unique restaurants, ranging from coffee shops to fine dining. The 97 acre historic Chetola Resort borders the Blowing Rock’s north side at the headwaters of The New River, one of the few rivers in the world that flows north. Blowing Rock’s main summer industry is tourism, making Blowing Rock, North Carolina one of the ‘Best Places for North Carolina Vacations’. Blowing Rock’s summer population soars from about 1,400 to over 9,000 from May through October. The last two weeks of October are the busiest tourist season with all of the Fall Leaf Lookers....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Very Nice Cottage
Very Nice Cottage
We stayed for 3 nights after Christmas and it is a wonderful cottage. You can tell the owners thought of everything to make this a very comfortable and cozy place to stay. We loved all the attention to detail. They had everything you could want or need available. The convenience to Main Street was great. We could walk everywhere. We would definitely stay here again when we return to Blowing Rock!
- Guest Carolwayne D.
- Date of stay 12/28/13
- Review Submitted 01/13/14
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, adventure seekers, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, age 55+, sightseeing.
Manager response: We look forward to seeing you again Carol. Thanks for the positive feedback!
I brought my family up to blowing rock for the weekend, and this place was beautiful. From the provided keurig coffee pods, to the big screen tvs in every room, this place is a great value. The best part was being in town and what seems like a block or two from main street. So convenient. Thanks!
- Guest Darrick C. (Where do you live?)
- Date of stay 11/29/13
- Review Submitted 12/12/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, pet owners, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Manager response: Thank you for the review, your feedback is appreciated.
Exactly what we were looking for
Exactly what we were looking for
My husband and I were looking for a cottage in Blowing Rock and found this little gem. We've stayed in the area many times before, but never in such an ideal location. This house feels nice and private, but is peaceful and quiet considering its location. The property manager Kevin was accommodating and helpful. We'll certainly consider this cottage for future trips. Thanks!
- Guest Mary A. (Daytona, FL)
- Date of stay 11/01/13
- Review Submitted 11/13/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Manager response: Thanks for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 16 - Apr 30, 2014
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee: $60
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 12.75%
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Tri-Cities Regional Airport at 77 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 321 at 0.6 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Myrtle Beach, SC at 269 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Six Pense Pub at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Appalachian Ski Mountain at 4 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Blowing Rock Country Club at 1.6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Storie Street Grille at 0.1 Miles
- Primary: +1 704-966-9515 Scott Tester
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Spacious new deck with a dining table.
40' SmartTV with HD Cable and Netflix in each room.
50' SmartTV with HD cable and Netflix.
Fully furnished kitchen.
Queen beds with firm mattresses and memory foam toppers in each room.
New driveway and concrete walkway.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, March 04, 2014
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.