Newer Spacious 1 Bdrm 2 Bath Condo Playa Madera Area Next to Beach & Restaurants
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Zihuatanejo condo description
Casa Almendro is located in the lushly landscaped gated complex of La Ceiba Suites in the Playa Madera district. It is conveniently located close to the town center, restaurants, shopping and beaches. Casa Almendro is a very spacious 1020 sqf condo found on the 2nd floor with an open balcony overlooking one of two pools found in the complex. The unit has a very spacious open air concept with Mexican architectural influences with views of the lush landscaping from every window and balcony. The master bedroom has a king bed, fan, air conditioning and in-suite full bath with private toilet. Tropical hardwood french doors lead to a large balcony with built in seating overlooking the lush vegetation. A second full bath is conveniently located off of the main living area. The main living area stays cool with 2 fans and the open air balcony. There is a 32 inch color TV with cable, wireless internet and built in seating with numerous pillows for your siesta. The Fully equipped kitchen is perfect for the person who likes to cook full meals with gas range, full sized fridge, microwave, coffee maker, blender and toaster. Off of the living room/kitchen area there is a large balcony with built-in seating and overhead fan. It has a view overlooking one of two pools in the complex with lush landscaping. There is a glass dining table to seat four people comfortably. Nice quality bed linens, towels & beach towels are provided. Weekly maid/cleaning services and linen change is provided as well. Vanessa, our La Ceiba Suites condo Administrator will be available to meet you upon your arrival to Casa Almendro to set you up and give you instructions for your stay. We welcome you to Casa Almendro!
- 1020 sq. ft.
- On floor 2
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Non Smoking Only:
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Towels Provided:
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Kayak / Canoe:
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Water Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Massage Therapist
- Surf Fishing
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Casa Almendro is located in the exclusive condominium complex of La Ceiba Suites located next to La Madera Beach, right in the heart of Zihuatanejo, Mexico. Built in what was an old coconut grove, using a mix of traditional and tropical Mexican architecture, the unit is in perfect harmony with the lush tropical gardens. There are two beautiful pools located on the grounds of La Ceiba Suites which offers private swimming and relaxation around the pools common areas. A visit to our Casa Almendro at La Ceiba Suites offers absolute tranquility in an excellent location, the perfect rental for your stay in Zihuatanejo. No car is necessary as beaches, restaurants, & shopping are an easy walk from the condo. It is 0.2 mile walk from the condo to La Madera Beach where you will find a nice sandy beach you can sun bathe, swim, enjoy a beautiful sunset, have a drink, snack or a traditional Mexican meal in one of the many cafes and bistros located on the beach stretch. From La Madera beach, you can walk along the beach walkway to town to enjoy the numerous restaurants, shopping and entertainment. There is a wide choice of dining in every direction from the condo. If transportation is needed, taxis and local buses are readily available outside of the condos entrance. Find the 'Zihuatanejo Artisans' Market' on Calle 5 de Mayo in downtown Zihuatanejo just one block from the waterfront and beginning across from the church. The market is made up of multiple small stalls for a shoppers delight. For a real taste of Mexico, take a short walk to visit the open air 'Mercado' off of Benito Juarez. It has a vibrant Mexican feel with multiple little shops, restaurants and stalls selling fresh produce, meats and goods. There are activities galore and numerous beaches to visit locally such as Playa Principal, Playa La Madera, Playa La Ropa and Playa Las Gatas. However, if you get the itch to get out a bit further for the day there are several small beach communities that are fun to travel to by bus or taxi such as Playa El Palmar in Ixtapa, Isla Ixtapa, Playa Troncones, Playa Larga, Playa Blanca and Barra de Potosi. All of these beach communities have numerous beachfront restaurants with activities available to entertain anyone. If relaxation is your goal, grab a hammock, a good book or a siesta. Zihuatanejo has the old-fashioned charm of traditional Mexican culture. It is a town that sprang up from a handful of families who were mostly fishermen. Fishing continues to be a way of life for a large number of families, and the increasing popularity of the area as a sport fishing destination. Zihuatanejo's main attraction is its well-protected bay where traveling boaters often spend the winter months moored in its peaceful clear waters. The bay offers various beaches for relaxation, recreation, dining, or simply enjoying the abundantly beautiful scenery and laid-back local lifestyle. Zihuatanejo is the ideal vacation destination away from high rise hotels, fast food outlets and big box stores. The main part of downtown Zihuatanejo referred to as 'El Centro' is still rather old-fashioned with narrow streets made of paving-stones and where most people still walk to get around. The Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa International Airport is located about 15 minutes from town by car or taxi. It is possible to find direct flights from Canada and the U.S. especially during the peak vacation season between December and April. Zihuatanejo provides a warm sunny climate year round with a short rainy season between July and October. Most visitors come to the area between mid November and late April but the low season also provides beautiful sunny weather with rains typically in the evenings keeping the areas vegetation lush. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Very spacious one bedroom, tons of space.
Very spacious one bedroom, tons of space.
Felt extremely safe in this complex and loved the pools.minutes from the beach which was great! I will definitely go back. Great priced food, lots of conveniences for a real "Old Mexico" experience. Once we got to the property after a quick Taxi ride we walked everywhere. Bus system was inexpensive and easy. This was an extremely relaxing way to unwind and really take in a slower lifestyle and just unplug. LOVED IT!
- Guest Kevin (Wenatchee WA)
- Date of stay 10/08/13
- Review Submitted 10/28/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing, tourists without a car, families with young children, age 55+.
Manager response: So glad you enjoyed your visit. With restaurants, shopping and beaches so conveniently close, why would you need a car rental. Please come see us again! Shelley & Don
Wonderful complex, spacious unit!
Wonderful complex, spacious unit!
My husband and I stayed at this great condo for a full week and didn't want to go home! LaCeiba Suites is about a three minute walk to the beach and to the shops...we felt welcome by the superior staff and met some really nice people staying there as well. Each morning we enjoyed our coffee on the balcony overlooking the pool. Everyday, we swam in one of the two pools and enjoyed the wonderful, tropical feel of the well manicured grounds. In the evening, we walked to the beach and sampled the delicious seafood restaurants as we watched the sunset. Zihuatenejo has a very welcoming feeling, our vacation was very special because our stay at this clean and well maintained condo was such a great experience. We will definitely be back!
- Guest JayJay (Wenatchee, WA)
- Date of stay 10/08/13
- Review Submitted 10/27/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing, tourists without a car, adventure seekers, families with young children, age 55+.
Manager response: Thank you so much Kevin & Jennifer! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at Casa Almendro and Zihuatanejo. Please come back and see us again soon!!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Apr 30, 2014
7 night min stay
May 1 - Oct 31, 2014
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
CANCELLATION POLICY:Return of reservation fee less 15% handling fee will be given up to 60 days prior to reserved arrival to condo. Within 30 days of intended reserved arrival date, NO return of fees will be given unless an alternative renter can be found for all dates. A 15% reservation handling fee will be deducted. Reservations made within 30 days of arrival pay in full.No Refunds for No Shows.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $150
- Taxes Not included
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo Airport at 6 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Playa La Madera at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Multiple at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Ixtapa at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Rufo's/Margaritas at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2013
About: We are a married couple living in Moscow, Idaho for many years. We both are still working full time but have dreams of retirement in Zihuatanejo for the winter months. We have traveled to Zihuatanejo for the last several years and have completely fallen in love with the area and the people. An opportunity came up to purchase the property and we couldn't turn it down. We hope you will come and enjoy Zihuatanejo and Casa Almendro as much as we have. Don & Shelley
We chose to buy in the Zihuatanejo area as we found the relaxing Mexican beachfront environment perfect for what we were looking for. The Playa Madera district is conveniently located close to town, beaches and restaurants with no car needed as everything is within walking distance. It is only a 10-minute stroll along the picturesque waterfront walkway and its many delightful local restaurants to beautiful old-fashioned downtown Zihuatanejo with its open-air market, distinctive shops and authentic Mexican night life. There are many fun activities available including first-class dining and shopping, sport fishing, kayaking, snorkeling, diving, sailing, surfing, and a variety of guided tours. Trendy La Ropa Beach is only a 15-minute walk away, and Ixtapa with its El Palmar Beach, golf courses, shopping centers, and marina is only a 15-minute ride away. We feel completely safe and have never felt a moment of uncertainty in this area. The locals are very friendly, loving & hard working people.
- Primary: 5093361023
Welcome to Casa Almendro on the 2nd floor!
Outdoor Dining for Four on Balcony with Built in Seating. Overlooks Pool
Spacious Living Room with Fans x 2. Master Bedroom & 2nd Full Bath in Background
Master Bedroom with In-Suite Full Bath With private Toilet. Balcony, fan & AC
Spacious Balcony off of Master Bedroom with Built In Seating
Spacious 2nd Full Bath off of Main Living Area
La Ceiba Suites Lush Tropical Landscaping. Overlooking Common Area & Pool
A View of Zihuatanejo Bay at Dusk
Playa La Ropa Beach from a View Above! Great Beach for Walking and Sun Bathing
A View of Zihuatanejo Bay from the Walkway Leading to Playa La Ropa
A View of Playa La Ropa and Central in the Background on a Morning Walk
One of Many Delicious Meals you can get at the Local Restaurants. Always Fresh!
A View of one of the Two Pools and Lush Vegitation
Dining Area with Glass Table & 4 Chairs on Balcony Overlooking the Pool & Garden
Full Kitchen with all Amenities Available. Concrete Counter Tops
Storage in Master Bedroom With Additional Storage on Left
Lush Vegetation peering over the Balcony off of the Master Bedroom
Stairs from Ground Level to Casa Almendro 2nd Floor
2nd Pool with Plenty of Seating & Lounge Chairs. Common Area
A Glorious Sunset from Playa La Ropa. Great Beach for Sunsets, Dinner & Spirits
Las Gatas Beach Awaits Your Arrival with a Silky Sandy Beach & Azure Warm Waters
Local Church Bell Tower. Chimes to Remind you of Sunday Service, Glorious Sound
Lush Tropical Vegetation!!
Early Mornings on Playa Principal the Fishermen Display and Sell their Catch
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, December 14, 2013
1 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.