New, Contemporary Seaside 2 Bedroom Oceanfront with Private Patio and Everything
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-6 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Sidney apartment description
This walk-in Garden Suite by the Sea is a self-contained, first class, fully furnished, fully appointed rental accommodation. The 900 sq. ft., two bedroom, one bathroom, ground level suite is located across the street from the ocean in scenic Sidney by the Sea, close to all amenities and a short drive to Butchart Gardens, Deep Cove, Swartz Bay, Brentwood Bay, Victoria, University Of Victoria and Camosen College.
The town of Sidney is located on the Saanich Peninsula of Vancouver Island, in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. Sidney-by-the-Sea is a beautiful seaside town with cobble stone sidewalks, artistic statues, summer markets, street cafes', sea side walkways, etc. Other amenities include art galleries, numerous grocery stores, wine stores, pubs, library,great restaurants, book stores, recreational center, ocean water activities, and city amenities. Complete medical services are also readily available.
Victoria International Airport (YYJ), the Swartz Bay to Vancouver, Saltspring Island, Galiano Islands and the Washington State Ferry (gateway to the San Juan Islands) are just minutes away. The bustling harborside City of Victoria is less than a 15 minute drive, or safe and beautiful bus ride, away.
As the oceanside gateway to the Gulf Islands and San Juan Islands, and with all that's available on the Saanich Peninsula, Sidney offers access to myriad recreational activities including sailing, kayaking, scuba diving, whale watching, golfing, cycling, hiking and more. Our fully furnished two bedroom, one bathroom suite offers 2 separate bedrooms, and each has a queen size bed with quality linens.
Very easy access ( @5 min ) from Victoria International Airport, BC Tsawwassen/Swartz Bay Ferry, walk accross street to Washington State /Anacortes Ferry. Less than 20 minute drive from Victoria (Black Ball Ferry from Port Angeles, US).
The suite is new, fresh, bright, comfortable and professionally decorated. The new deluxe queen beds will ensure a relaxing sleep and you'll wake refreshed with a picture window view to your private garden oasis.
Get your own groceries and cook in your full kitchen facilities (includes coffee machine & milk steamer, fridge, stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, small appliances, enough dishes for you and guests). Or to heck with cooking and decide to treat yourself by walking to one of the many fabulous restaurants.
The living area is so very comfy for kicking back. Cherish some alone time reading on the patio loungers, snuggle with your sweetie on the huge sofa or enjoy your favourite media in the entertainment system (Cable TV, DVD, AM/FM, CD, I Pod Dock, and library of CD's, DVD's, books and games).
Patio doors open from the living room to the private, professionally landscaped, well maintained backyard with a lovely unistone patio, year round greenery, barbecue, patio furniture, and shade umbrella. Sunny mornings, shady afternoons, you'll not want to leave! Except for your walks along the seawall and poking through the unique seaside shops.
Breath in deeply and enjoy the moist freshness of the ocean air. Anticipate many days exploring quaint Sidney by the Sea. Walk to everything. Enjoy Starbucks, Sidney's many bookstores, unique clothing stores, galleries, world class spas, or plan a great outdoor adventure. Sidney is also well situated for day trips to the Gulf Islands, spending time at Butchart Gardens, Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre, visiting world famous Victoria Inner Harbour with all the street performers and so much more. You name it, it's at your beck and call.
So whether you're looking for a one week getaway in the summer or a whole winter escape from the snow, we think you'll be glad you chose the Patio Suite.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Scott and Mary Alice
- 900 sq. ft.
- On floor 1
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
Full-size appliances. Lot's of counter space. Well lit. Fully equipped. Everything from basics like Blender, Food Processor, Toaster Oven, Corkscrew, Coffee bean grinder - to stocked Picnic basket....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Walk across street to the oceanfront walkway. A short stroll in either direction is beach access, waterfront walkways, art galleries, bookstores, unique shops, wildlife excursions, World Class aquarium (Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre), Sidney Museum, Saanich Peninsula Community Arts Council Gallery in Tulista Park, great restaurants and more. World famous Butchart Gardens is a 10 minute drive / bus ride away. Bustling Victoria and the Inner Harbour are less than a 20 minute drive away ( or take the safe and clean BC Transit ). Sidney Spit is a popular family destination with its long sandy beach, bird and marine life providing lots to explore. Accessible only by water, Sidney Spit is one of the region's best places to lose yourself for the day. Take a Kayak or Canoe or a 25 minute scenic ride on board the Alpine Sidney Spit Ferry. Salt marshes, tidal flats and beautiful beaches make Sidney Spit a great time for beachcombing, hiking,camping or just soaking up the sun. ...moreless
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
Boats can be rented from the Sidney Marina. Also, lots of Ferries ( Brentwood Bay to Mill Bay ), Saltspring Island, Pender, Galiano and Mayne Islands plus the Washington State Ferry to Friday Harbor....moreless
- Outdoor Grill:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
Tulista Park features a playground, boat ramp, wheelchair accessible washrooms and plenty of free parking. There is also a picnic shelter with barbecue, a large grassy area and lots of benches....moreless
- Beach View:
- Ocean View:
- Mountain View:
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Massage Therapist
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Duty Free Shops
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Thank you for taking an interest in our picturesque town of Sidney-by-the-Sea. Situated amidst the Gulf Islands with Mount Baker in the distance, you will quickly discover why we are fortunate to live, work and play in this community where you can experience the relaxed atmosphere of a small seaside town and enjoy all the advantages of the big city. Sidney is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island on the Saanich Peninsula - just a 20 minute drive from downtown Victoria. Sidney is home to the Sidney / US (Anacortes, WA) Ferry Terminal and just minutes from the Victoria International Airport as well as the Swartz Bay BC Ferry Terminal. Wide-ranged local bus service is available to all areas of the Peninsula and downtown Victoria. Our weather is the mildest in Canada with prevailing westerly ocean winds moderating both summer and winter temperatures. We are a year round tourist destination with 3.6 kilometres of waterfront and many wonderful activities to explore including: a Historical Museum; the Ocean Discovery Centre; whale watching; street statues and murals; a Mineral World; and our 420 ft. Fishing Pier with a thriving marine life Artificial Reef. Our waterfront location allows for many other water related activities such as boating, sailing, kayaking, diving and fishing. Our pedestrian friendly downtown offers an excellent variety of stores, specialty shops and businesses providing unique products and personalized service. Sidney is Canada's only Booktown where you can enjoy many hours of browsing through new and used books in a large number of bookstores. Sidney’s restaurants offer a diverse assortment of excellent meals and cater to all tastes. Sidney is alive with culture and entertainment, boasting its own exciting 310 seat multi-purpose Theatre for stage productions....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
F A B U L O U S !
F A B U L O U S !
From the moment I arrived, I felt at home. Is it always this nice in mid-October? If so, don't tell anybody so I can visit again. The Suite was lovely and had everything I needed. The Gift basket was over the top. All your information about where to go, what to do, where to eat was priceless.
- Guest The TJ Group (USA)
- Date of stay 10/18/13
- Review Submitted 11/03/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you. As our first guest, you gave us some great insights and feedback. Hope you come again soon. Cheers, Scott and Mary Alice
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 23 - Jan 5, 2014
5 night min stay
May 25 - Oct 12, 2014
6 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$200
- Non Refundable Cleaning: C$125
- Taxes Not included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Victoria International Airport ( YYJ ) at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Annacordes ( Washington State ) Ferry Terminal at 100 Metres
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 17 at 500 Metres
- Nearest Beach: Lochside Trail / Tulista Park at 100 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Rumrunner at 500 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Mount Washington at 262 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Ardmore at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Haro's at 500 Metres
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We started coming to the Island over 6 years ago and with each visit fell more and more in-love with it.
Why the Owner Chose Sidney:
Mary Alice had a strong visceral reaction to the Lochside ocean walkway and said ' This is it !!!' So, here we are. The Lochside beach walkway is one of the longest, private and most beautiful stretches of oceanfront on the Island.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Ever been crabbing? Sidney and Sidney Pier (500 meters away ) is one of the best places to catch large red rock crabs. There are Dungeness crabs too. Just lower your crab trap off the pier, tie it off and come back in a couple of hours. Other than crabbing, the fishing in Sidney is quite decent ... you may be able to catch some good-sized soles right from the pier.
- Primary: +1 250-216-6654
- Secondary: +1 250-857-5503
- Tertiary: +1 913-269-3388
The sunrises from our Property are breathtaking.
Relax and enjoy yourself
Enter into to your home away from home from your private entrance and Patio.
Beautiful, well-lit, fresh bathroom
The kitchen has full size appliances and everything you need.
Beautiful outside Patio on greenbelt and views to the Ocean. Gas BBQ
In Suite Laundry features Washer and Dryer
Windows overlook our beautiful backyard Garden Oasis with Hottub
Arial view of stunningly beautiful Sidney harbor - 3 short blocks from property
Sunday morning 'church' Sailors viewed from our Property
If you like Kayaking, you'll love the inland coastal waters. Over 20 islands !
The Sidney Harbor on Canada Day - Build-a-boat races. FUN !!!
The Suite is beautiful and first-class with all new furniture and appointments
Dining Room seats 4 comfortably. Includes a separate Office Desk area with WIFI
Large Master bedroom with deluxe Queen bed and lots of closet space.
2nd Bedroom with Queen bed and large closet
Cooks kitchen or order-in from Chef-On-The-Run
Enjoy the flat-screen TV, Cable and WIFI from your comfortable pull-out bed Couc
Separate ground-level entrance
A view from our Property
Some of our water friends - Seals, Seagulls, and lots of fresh fish and crab.
Lovely and always sunny Sidney Spit - a short Kayak, Canoe or boat ride away.
The Oceanside walkway between our Property and Sidney
Sidney Island and rainbow view from our Property
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 06, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.