The Desert is Your Backyard!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Las Campanas house description
Formerly our “snow bird” home, this newer (built in 2010) two bedroom, two bath single family house sits next to hundreds of acres of Sonoran desert, crisscrossed with numerous hiking trails and gorgeous views of the Santa Rita mountains. Birds and other wildlife abound, along with spectacular cacti and desert vegetation.
You'll be in San Miguel, a new subdivision in the Las Companas section of Green Valley. This 55+ community is home to other snow birds, as well as full-timers, who are all easy to meet. You'll also have access to all the local recreation centers that include heated pools, tennis courts and a catalog full of classes and other activities.
The amenities in our former residence include a king size master bed, double sink in the master bath and walk-in closet. A hot water recirculating system ensures that hot water is quickly available for your sinks or shower. The second bedroom has a queen bed for your guests and the den/TV room has a chair that converts to a twin bed. There is a second full bath and full inside laundry room with cabinetry for storage. Kitchen appliances include a Samsung french door refrigerator with on-the-door ice and cold water, electric range with oven, microwave, toaster oven, dishwasher and a water filtration system in the kitchen sink. For in-home entertainment, there is high speed internet and satellite TV. Forced air heating and A/C, plus a two-car garage complete your vacation home.
The yard, both front and back, includes desert vegetation and flowering plants. You'll enjoy unbelievably beautiful sunsets from your own patio.
- 1237 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Senior Adults Only Community:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Mountain Climbing
- Massage Therapist
- Rock Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Green Valley, Arizona sits in the Santa Cruz river valley about 20 south of Tucson. The town's location provides spectacular views of the Santa Rita mountain range, which includes Madera Canyon, a world-renown bird watching mecca, plus hiking trails suitable for beginners and experts alike. With daytime winter temperatures averaging in the 60's, you can access these activities throughout your stay. The property itself sits adjacent to a large tract of open Sonoran desert that is crisscrossed with numerous hiking/biking trails. Your rental includes access to all thirteen of the Green Valley Recreation centers, featuring heated swimming pools, tennis courts and an entire catalog filled with classes and other activities. The property is within walking distance of the nearest center. If bicycling is your thing, many of Green Valley's roads are marked with bike lanes. The mild winter temperatures make biking a popular activity and this is reflected in a bike-friendly atmosphere on our roads. An easy 25 mile drive on I-19 takes you to the city of Tucson, where you can enjoy all the venues this city of about 600.000 has to offer. The University of Arizona, with its main campus in Tucson, provides many cultural and sporting events. A short drive south on I-19 takes you to Tubac, an artist colony home to many shops featuring local art, crafts and several wonderful restaurants. Snow skiing is available at Mt. Lemon, a 9000 foot peak in the Catalina Mountains that border Tucson's northern edge. The White Mountains east of Phoenix provide many additional winter activities. Numerous national and state parks and monuments are reachable in day trips. For those willing to drive a little further, many other attractions are available in Phoenix, Sedona or even the Grand Canyon. A forty mile drive to the south along I-19 takes you to the city of Nogales, Arizona, which sits on the international border with Mexico. Car travel into Mexico is not recommended without a special auto insurance rider, but with your passport, you can easily walk across the border to Nogales, Sonora to sample life south of the border. Before you enter Mexico, take advantage of the duty-free liquor shop located right next to the crossing....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Mar 31, 2014
30 night min stay
Apr 1 - May 31, 2014
30 night min stay
Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2014
30 night min stay
Sep 1 - Nov 30, 2014
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Stays of 2 months or more results in a $200/month discount on the rental fee.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning: $125
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Tucson International Airport at 20 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrack at 30 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-19 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mt. Lemon at 40 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Haven Golf Course at 2.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Miguel's Mexican at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: We began coming to Green Valley in 2010. We instantly fell in love with the area and bought a home so that we could continue to spend our winters here. In 2012, we sold our former home in St. Louis, Missouri and moved to Green Valley as permanent residents. In 2013, we moved into a larger home in Green Valley and decided to rent our first house so visitors can enjoy life here as we do.
Why the Owner Chose Las Campanas:
This house is much newer than most Green Valley properties, having been built in 2010. The house and its contents, including furniture and appliances, are almost new. It's in a section of town that is very convenient to all of Green Valley and the surrounding area.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The back yard borders on open desert. If you like the outdoors, bird or wildlife watching, this is an ideal location. It is located in the most western section of its subdivision and of Green Valley and therefore has the highest elevation from which to see the surrounding area.
- Primary: + (314) 369-8711
- Secondary: +1 3144124014
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View towards front door from dining area
Patio and backyard
Front row to most beautiful sunsets in AZ!
Back yard view
Backyard and beyond
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, January 06, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.