A $ Steal & Close to Durango Mt Resort Action!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4-5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes house description
This property offers unique privacy backing up to National Forest while only 2 short miles from Durango Mountain Resort.
You'll feel miles away from your everyday life - come and 'Get Away From It All' - and easily jump into activities when you're ready.
This two story home's layout has two bedrooms and a loft upstairs, and a full bath. The main floor has a full bath, master bedroom, living room, kitchen, dining and laundry.
Beds for 9 people:
1. Master - King Bed
2. Bedroom 2 - Queen Bed
3. Bedroom 3 - Two (2) twin beds
4. Loft - bunk beds with twin mattress on top and double futon couch/bed on bottom.
Come home from a fun-filled day on the slopes or Nordic track and relax in the hot tub while admiring the contrast of the white snow on the green pine trees.
Snowshoe on National Forest land right out the back door.
Cozy up to the gas-started, wood burning fireplace.
Hydronic propane baseboard heaters will keep you cozy after the fire has waned.
HOA snow plowing of the roads and driveway for your convenience. 4-wheel drive is required.
SPRING, SUMMER AND AUTUMN
High in the San Juan Mountains this property rejuvenates your soul with gorgeous pine trees that are the perfect rich, green backdrop for an explosion of yellow aspens in Spring and Summer, and crimson in Autumn.
Hike through the National Forest right out the back door or take a short drive and conquer a '14er.'
This property offers a unique level backyard for Lake Purgatory. Gather your family for badminton, horseshoes, volleyball and BBQ's.
Two ample decks provide space and accommodations for reading a book, sunbathing or napping.
Park your RV or ATV's on the lot.
The hot tub is relaxing every season.
- 1700 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
IN WINTER: Kids will love sledding down the driveway, building snow-people and snow shoeing on property. Zip over to Durango Mountain Resort for skiing, snowboarding and tubing. Play board games next to the fire. ALL OTHER SEASONS: Kids love the level yard for a game of tag, hide-and-seek, badminton, or volleyball. Take in a children's theatre production at the Durango Arts Center....moreless
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 9
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Rock Climbing
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Fitness Center
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- You'll be 2 miles from Durango Mountain Resort (DMR) where you'll enjoy skiing, snowboarding, Nordic skiing, shopping, Music in the Mountains symphony, restaurants, the alpine slide, miniature golf, guided naturalist hikes, mountain biking, scenic chair rides, and more. At this beautiful mountain retreat you are 2 miles from the DMR action, but you will have the privacy to 'Get Away From It All!' Hike the National Forest and snowshoe right out the back door! A short drive will take you to downtown Durango and the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Train for winter's Polar Express; Trimble Hot Springs for a warm soak and massage; golf courses for fair weather games and winter cross-country skiing; the Durango Recreation Center with an indoor running track, pool, weights and drop-in classes; two movie theatres; the Durango Arts Center for live theatre and visual arts; many art galleries; kayaking and tubing on the Animas River; and more restaurants per capita than San Francisco! Just out of downtown Durango try your luck at Sky Ute Casino; marvel at SW Colorado's historical Mesa Verde and Ute Tribal Park; and visit the old mining town of Silverton. In winter 4-wheel drive is required. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|2014 Ski/Board Season
Jan 6 - Mar 31, 2014
4 night min stay
|Spring, Summer & Autumn
Apr 1 - Nov 20, 2014
4 night min stay
|T-giving$280;1st 3 wk Dec $220
Nov 21 - Nov 30, 2014
4 night min stay
Dec 1 - Jan 9, 2015
5 night min stay
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Housekeeping fee: $130
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Tax Rate 6.8%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Durango La Plata County Airport DRO at 42 Miles
- Nearest Train: Durango-Silverton Railroad at 25 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US 550 at 1.8 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Sow's Ear at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Durango Mountain Resort at 2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Glacier Club at 11.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Sow's Ear at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Owned by Nancy & Pete. We've used VRBO for years while traveling across the country. Now we're entrusting VRBO travelers with this Mountain Retreat. Until recently we've used this as our primary home. This house has served as our sanctuary after busy days on the slopes and in downtown Durango. We've made the choice to spend most of our time downtown to attend to our thriving business. This choice has freed-up this property for others to enjoy. Feel secure in your vacation property choice - if anything should need attending, we own a maintenance company and will be there in no time to make your stay easy and enjoyable
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
We grew up several towns apart in a bustlingly area on the east coast and separately found sanctuary in the mountains of Colorado. We even went to the same east coast university, and never met until our paths crossed on the eastern slope of Colorado. When our first and only child was on the way we spent a year reviewing various western states and cities, and settled on the mountains of Durango.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We fell in love with property because in less than 2 miles off Highway 550 it was like million miles away from the hustle and bustle. This was a perfect match for us: busy entrepreneurs who love theatre, art, an active lifestyle and community service.... who crave privacy during our down-time. The beauty and serenity that surrounds this property will regenerate you!
- Primary: 9709463322
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of house
National Forest Boundary
Front of house
View from front deck
Big Pine Trail
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, March 08, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.