Beautiful Alberta Arts Bungalow - Close to Everything!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Alberta Arts District house description
Stunning 3 bedroom, 2 bath artist's home.
Like all our guests, you'll walk in and fall in love with this home of high ceilings and hardwood floors, plastered walls and formal dining room, large new kitchen and cozy bedrooms, lots of great art, and the large upstairs loft bedroom with skylights galore.
Browse our books, enjoy the quiet, watch a movie on our projector, cook a gourmet meal in our fully furnished kitchen, just like home. The house comes stocked with Portland guidebooks, hiking guidebooks, bicycle maps, and more. Walk down Alberta Street for coffee or dinner, enjoy all that Portland has to offer from this centrally located, fully furnished home, just minutes from everything.
Just step outside and find yourself in the fun and diverse Alberta Arts District, sitting at Portland's best coffee shops and restaurants, browsing boutiques of clothes and shoes, inspiring your creativity at art galleries and craft shops, and purchasing organic local produce. You can workout at the gym 4 blocks away. Try the gourmet ice cream at Salt & Straw, the French pastries at Petite Provence, the coffee at Barista, the gluten free delicacies at Tula, breakfasts at Tin Shed or Helsers, or the drinks at Radio Room. Or head over to McMenamin's Kennedy School, where you can sip a pint of bitter, smoke a cigar, take in a movie, eat great food, and enjoy the art on the walls.
Just 5 blocks away, you can affordably rent bicycles, and take advantage of all the great bike riding in the area.
By car, all of Portland is close. Within 10 minutes you can be at theaters downtown, at the Hoyt Arboretum or Zoo or Children's Museum in Washington Park, doing some tax-free shopping at Jantzen Beach or Lloyd Center, and more. You're just an hour from awesome skiing on Mt Hood, and 1.5 hours from the stunning scenery at Canon Beach.
Our 2200SF, 3 bedroom house can sleep 7 (plus a couple of infants), is child-friendly, includes a private driveway, private yard with BBQ and flower garden, and a giant sequoia. Fully furnished with all the amenities of home!
We'll greet you when you arrive, show you around, and give you your keys. We're friendly and helpful, and looking forward to having you here. Call or email us any time with your questions!
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 8-9
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Beautiful dining room, entered through arched doorway, with built-in bookshelf, stained-glass chandelier, sideboard, art, and more. Main table seats 6; card table and chairs available to seat 4 more....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
Our DVD player is connected to a projector, with theater sound, for theater-like entertainment! Bring your DVDs, or if you have a Netflix account, you can log in and watch all your favorites!...moreless
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Sight Seeing
- Botanical Garden
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Portland is a fun place to be! With a lively arts scene, and cuisine regularly written about in the New York Times, there's always something fun to do. Google the Alberta Arts District to see the many fun things to do on this vibrant, diverse, historic street. Lined with a mile and a half of the city's best restaurants, pubs, boutiques, spas, art galleries, and coffee shops, it's a delightful stroll on any given day, with plenty to do, eat, and see. We're also close to both the Mississippi Avenue and Williams Avenue shops and restaurants, less than a mile to the west. More vibrant, rejuvenated historic districts that are hip and fun. Just 5 minutes from Concordia University, and 12 minutes from University of Portland. Easy to get downtown by car, bus, or bike in just a few minutes. Easy access to the I-5 freeway, just a straight mile away. Visit any of the several parks in the vicinity (Peninsula Park, Two Plumb Park, Irving Park, King School, Alberta Park). Visit the Sunday farmer's market (summer and fall), just 4 blocks away. Take a themed bike tour of Portland. Ride a bike on Vancover Ave. into downtown, Lloyd Center, Mississippi Ave, and other great places that are just a few minutes away by bike. Take the bus to the Lloyd Center or downtown from one of a few bus stops within a few blocks of the house. Go to the Oregon Zoo, Rose Gardens, Japanese Gardens, Hoyt Arboretum, Children's Museum, a downtown music or theater performance, see a movie at Lloyd Cinemas, browse Powell's City of Books, shop on NW 23rd--all just 10 minutes from home. Ski on Mt Hood, all year long, only an hour away. Drive to the awe-inspiring Cannon Beach, just 1.5 hours away. Explore the waterfalls and vistas of the Columbia River Gorge, just 25 minutes away. You'll love it here!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
An excellent place to stay
An excellent place to stay
I stayed here for a couple weeks and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The house is truly a lovely and peaceful place to stay, full of beautiful artwork, lovely wood floors, and a large kitchen. Alberta neighborhood is an exciting place to explore, full of amazing restaurants and shops, all within walking distance. They are one short block off of a major cycling route too, which is perfect for any place in Portland, and a short drive from the downtown area as well. I highly recommend staying in this home!
- Guest Daynold (Portland, OR)
- Date of stay 08/01/13
- Review Submitted 12/03/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Home Away from Home
Home Away from Home
We've stayed at this home on numerous occasions - always with great joy. The space is relaxed, a block from Alberta street, and with easy access to the rest of the city. The home itself is lovely - filled with all sorts of touches that you'd expect of a health-conscious artist family. If we were visiting Portland again we'd be delighted to stay in this house - and indeed know that it would feel a bit like our home away from home by the time we left!
- Guest Iven (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Date of stay 08/15/13
- Review Submitted 11/27/13
This place is wonderful. I found the space to be open, warm and very comfortable. Best of all it's near many good restaurants, shops, cafes and art galleries. It's easy to catch a bus downtown or ride your bike on quite back streets.
- Guest Nate (Lakeport, CA, United States)
- Date of stay 02/20/13
- Review Submitted 11/27/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, girls getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Last Minute Special!
Mar 8 - Mar 21, 2014
2 night min stay
May 15 - Oct 31, 2014
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
A $200 fee will apply to all cancellations made more than 30 days before arrival. Cancellations made 30 days or less prior to arrival receive a 50% refund. $250 security deposit is refunded within 5 days after departure.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $250
- Cleaning fee: $85
- Taxes Not included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Portland International at 10 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak Station at 4 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-5 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Cannon Beach at 120 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Alberta St is full of them... at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mt Hood at 50 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Several options... at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Alberta St is full of them... at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: We're a family of professional photographers and nurses--or rather, a professional photographer married to a nurse--with a beautiful little girl. We love art, literature, and community.
Why the Owner Chose Alberta Arts District:
We fell in love with this house as soon as we walked in, back in 2002. Its high ceilings, period charm, and room to grow were just what we wanted. We've spent the last decade living and renovating, and are proud of our beautifully restored home with modern updates. The crowning touch is the recently added 900SF upstairs, with lots skylights, space, walk-in closet, and more. We love it here, and know you will too.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Aside from the period charm of the house itself, we love the Alberta Arts District. Within minutes, we can walk or bike to the best coffee and restaurants in town, visit galleries, hit the post office and bank, shop for groceries at New Seasons, shop at boutiques, or ramble down Mississippi or Williams. It's also close to everything. Just a mile from I-5, you can get anywhere worth going in 15 minutes or less. It's central, beautiful, and it's home. Plus, someone will meet you when you arrive, to welcome you, show you around, answer any questions you have, and give you your keys. It's the personal touch that makes a house a home.
- Primary: + 503-267-5078
Links to more information:
Early spring at the Arts House in Alberta.
Arched entryway into the formal dining room.
The formal dining room, with lots of light!
Large functional kitchen with everything you need!
Large upstairs suite includes lots of room to lounge, and lots of natural light.
Upstairs bedroom with queen Simmons Beautyrest bed.
Barista Coffee, a short walk from the house.
Just blocks from the house you'll discover all kinds of great restaurants.
Part of front room, where guests can relax, listen to music, or watch movies.
Panorama of the front room from the front door.
Sideboard with art and treasures from around the world!
Large functional kitchen with everything you need, viewed from upstairs stairwell.
Main floor bedroom, with Simmons Beautyrest queen bed.
Petite Provence has the best selection of French pastries in Portland!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, January 30, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.