2BR/2BA Brand New Westbay Home with Private Beach Access and All New Furnishings
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
West Bay Beach house description
2 Bedroom, 2 Bath Brand new construction. Very Private. Our house is in Westbay in a small mountainside community called Linda Vista on Tamarind Drive. The house is brand new cement construction with about 2000 sq Ft. including the screened in lanai. Fully air conditioned with brand new appliances and furniture. The kitchen and living room area is over 700 Sq Ft. featuring marble countertops and tile floors throughout. The screened in Lanai is also huge at around 700 Sq Ft. The house is a 2 bedroom with queen size beds in both bedrooms and the living room sofa that converts to a full size bed . It will easily sleep 5 adults . The bathrooms are equipped with nice and roomy showers with great! water pressure allowing for a nice hot shower. The full sized kitchen features a double sink, full sized fridge, most utensils, pots & pans, plates & bowls, water cooler, and a gas range and oven along with microwave. There is a flat screen TV with a collection of DVD movies and streaming Netflix and HULU Plus. For a small fee we can arrange for mid-week cleaning service .
It is only a short 3-4 minute walk down the hill to a completely private beach and from there it is no more than a 7 minute walk to WEST BAY Beach proper. These are the best beaches on the entire island and there are many restaurants and bars to patronize along this beach.
If you are looking for nightlife- you can catch a water taxi for a five minute ride to WEST END. There you will find a multitude of watering holes.. many with live music and great food .
South Shore zip-line- the best zip-line on the island- is located right across the main road from the entrance to our community (A short walk up the hill). Highly recommended for you adventure seekers.
If you want to fish or take a boat tour of the island- we have recommendations and special offers for that also.
You can google Xbalanque resort in West Bay Beach and you will be able to see pictures of the private beach at the bottom of the hill. If you 'Google Earth' Xblanque you can get a birds eye view of how close to West Bay Beach the property is.
We will have a concierge meet you there and make sure everything is right..
We recommend a rental car, however it is not absolutely necessary. During the day a short walk down to the beach you can catch a water taxi.
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Master with private Bathroom & Shower
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Music Library
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Jet Skiing
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Linda Vista is a very private community of about 7 or 8 homes on this particular road going down the hillside and ending at the Beach. Most of the homes are vacation rentals however a few have permanent residents. Being in WestBay and as private as it is it is very secure and exclusive. If you want to be a very short distance from West Bay Beach but don't like to be at or next to a resort than this is the house for you. It is a very short walk to West Bay beach or the private beach at the bottom of the hill. You have access to water taxi's from the dock at the bottom of the hill and you can be in West End within minutes. If you want to explore other parts of the island besides WestBay and West End then I would recommend a rental car but regular car taxi's are available so it is not a necessity unless you are going to be making a lot of trips to the grocery store or exploring the East end of the island. There is a small grocery store in West bay at the West Bay mall that has a deli with meats and rotisserie chickens and the basic necessities for preparing basic meals. They have a lot of the basics like breads, pasta, milk, etc, and they are only about a 2 minute car ride away. The West end of the island offers a lot to do. First of all there are 2 Zip lines within walking distance. One (Southshore- the best one) is literally at the top of the hill from the house. You could walk up there in a few minutes. Of course there is fishing, diving, snorkeling, parasailing, boat tours, and out-island trips all of which will pick you up from the dock at the bottom of the hill once arranged. I highly recommend a trip to 'Cayos Cachinos, or pigeon Cay. Of Course if you are looking for night-life then the West End is the place to be any night of the week. They offer dozens of bars and restaurants all on the same street which you just walk up and down like Bourbon St. in New Orleans. However, if you are the type of person that wants to rent a private house with private beach access it is more than likely you will prefer the quiet life, or maybe not. Please e-mail me with any questions before booking. I also have a video walk through of the house available, it is posted on this page. As far as transportation and parking goes. There is parking at the house for a rental car or Truck. If you decide not to get a rental it is a good idea to have your taxi from the airport stop in Coxen Hole Plaza Mar at one of the major grocery stores so you can get groceries, booze, sodas, snacks, etc. They will charge a small amount to wait for you and it will save you a trip all the way back into town. Generally it is a flat $20 from the airport to West bay. Sometimes if I am on the island I will pick you up myself at no fee. Some notes worth mentioning: There is a Flat screen HD TV available, however this hillside has not been supplied with cable TV. Most people don't come to Roatan to watch TV but if you like the TV can be set up anywhere in the house you wish and there is a small collection of about 2 dozen recent popular movie DVD's, and content available via the computer that hooks up to the TV. If you purchase internet there is Wifi available through this same computer and you can stream Netflix or Hulu plus if you wish to. I also have a smartphone available with a local sim card in it which you can use for free if you leave a deposit for it. This will allow you to make local calls for taxi's or to arrange trips or excursions etc. You can also make calls to the U.S. and Canada pretty cheap. Electricity is expensive on the island so most rental will charge a lot more or take a deposit and just charge you for the electricity you use. I prefer to just take a deposit and charge you only for the electricity you use. Once your electricity costs have been subtracted you will receive the remainder of your electricity deposit back. The nice thing about this house is it has small split units in each bedroom so you can close the door at night and just air condition the space you are in. If you are smart about the air condition use the costs are not that bad. The hot water is propane and all the lights are CFL so the brunt of electricity use is A/C. Should you stay here I will communicate with you and answer any questions you have to make your trip the ultimate....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
I take a $100 deposit for electricity. Electricity on the island is very expensive so most vacation rental take a deposit and refund the remainder of your deposit at the end of your visit. If you would like a mid-week cleaning service the cost is $30. If you would like WIFI High speed internet the cost is $25 per week including the use of a laptop. House cell phone is just a refundable deposit.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- electric deposit: $100
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Roatan Airport at 10 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Private Beach and West Bay Beach at 200 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: West Bay Beach at 700 Metres
- Nearest Restaurant: West Bay Beach at 700 Metres
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: My wife and I bought this home because we spend a lot of time on the island and have some family there. We live most of the year in Tampa Florida. We love sharing our experience of the island including any advise or help with setting up activities or places that are a must see or do.
Why the Owner Chose West Bay Beach:
If you want a private house away from the resorts but close to West Bay beach, this is the place. If you would like to spend some quiet time on a private beach with not a sole around, but yet be able to catch a water taxi to West end in 5 minutes this is the place for you....
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our house is Brand New cement construction as opposed to 'island style' which is always wood stilt construction. All of the furnishings are brand new. Water pressure on the island is usually very poor, but I personally installed a pump and bladder tank system that facilitates fantastic water pressure. The Lanai on our house is HUGE and completely screened in which is great for hanging out in the late evening bug free. The entire exterior of the house is well lit with lights including motion sensing lights in the back. This area in the mountain side is very secure. We have many friends and family on the island and if there is anything special you need arrange we can mostly likely make it happen for you.
- Primary: 8134042858 Please call anytime except after midnight Eastern.
- Secondary: +504 97657795 Sometimes I am actually in Roatan so this #
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Master bedroom looking into great room
Guest bedroom looking into Bath
Lanai looking into Living room and bedrooms on each side
Kitchen & Breakfast nook
Great room looking toward Kitchen
Private Beach. Obviously private.
Guest Bedroom Bath
Front of House
West Bay Beach. Best in the World.
Kitchen looking into main living room/great room.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 05, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Please call anytime except after midnight Eastern.
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.