Old Stone House in Peaceful Hilltop Village
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Semur-en-Auxois house description
Our house is set into the hillside overlooking a small beautiful valley. The house has full central heating (in-floor on ground floor, radiators on first floor), open fireplace and all modern comforts - dishwasher, washing machine, TV, DVD CD etc. The furnishings range from antique chests-of-drawers to modern kitchen. There is a garden and a small wood behind the house, and three terraces to capture the sun whatever the time of day.
We have just restored all of the floors and the upstairs bedroom and corridor floors are now solid oak, and the bathroom, lounge, kitchen and laundry floors are limestone flagstones. All materials are from local forests and quarries.
Visit our website: www.burgundy-gite.com: Please call us and we can give you the log-in details for our website which has many more photos and details of activities in the village and surrounding area.
There is a ping-pong table and bats at the house and Tennis is available in the village with a tennis court available for hire. We have some very basic tennis gear so please bring your own if you want to play tennis.
Swimming and watersports: There is a swimming pool available during the summer at Vitteaux which is only 5 kms away, and the lake at Semur (Lac de Pont) is a very popular swimming destination. The Canal de Bourgogne is just at the bottmom of the hill (4kms) and is ideal for canoeing and boating. There is an olympic-sized pool at Montbard, about 20 minutes away, with slides and stuff for the kids.
- 135 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- 1 Queen-sized double, 2 X single, 1 family bedroom with double
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- The house is arranged on two floors, with bedrooms and bathroom upstairs and living areas downstairs. All windows are double glazed, all doors are new. Downstairs is a huge living room (47sq mts) with three couches and antique tables and chairs, TV, HI FI, etc. Next door is the kitchen (27sq mts) with long dining table and fully fitted modern kitchen. Behind the kitchen is a utility room with washing machine and a WC. Upstairs are the three bedrooms, bathroom and WC. The main bedroom (Queen size bed) opens onto the terrace and the back garden. The second bedroom has a double bed and a separate single bed. The third bedroom has a single bed. The bathroom (8.2 sq mts) has a shower enclosure, WC, bidet, and basin. Whilst we are not set up for babies, we are happy to have children and babies stay, if you bring your own equipment (cot, high chair, baby bath etc). There are lots of kids in the village....moreless
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Audio Tape Player
- Books - Fiction / Non-Fiction
- Video Library
- Ping Pong Table
- Games For Kids
- Music Library
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
- Autumn Foliage
- Horse Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
sports and adventure activities
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Broadband Access
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- 4 Ring Stove
- Kayak / Canoe:
ReviewsWrite a review
Rue des Grangeots, St Colombe-en-Auxois
Rue des Grangeots, St Colombe-en-Auxois
This is a lovely house in a beautiful, peaceful area of rural France. Set in a small village, with a small chateau and some interesting local vernacular buildings (see the Lavoir at the bottom of the hill), the house is comfortable, spacious and well-equipped. The owners, Robert and Annik Glasgow, are very helpful, and this is obviously a much-loved family holiday home as well as a holiday let. There is also a local contact should you need any immediate help. On receipt of full payment the owners send out a useful folder with all the information you will need for your stay. There is also a lot of "tourist information" in the house, as well as a guest book for visitors' comments and advice. We have stayed there twice, in May and October. On both occasions it was lovely, with glorious weather. Sitting outside, looking over a lovely valley and with a glass of wine to hand, is truly idyllic. On arrival the house was spotless, beds all made and towels available. Cleaning and laundry are a bit pricey (at £50 in "Additional Charges" but well worth it as it reduces the hassle of getting away at the end of the holiday! We'd recommend this house to anyone who loves to get away from it all. The area is lovely, and there are plenty of sightseeing opportunities - from local villages and towns such as Semur-en-Auxois and Dijon, beautiful countryside, the Burgundy Canal, the Cistercian Abbey at Fontenay and the Premier Cru vineyards of Burgundy. It's also a wonderful place to chill out, catch up on your reading and drink good wine.
- Guest Ian (Hawes, N Yorks)
- Date of stay 10/06/10
- Review Submitted 10/23/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+.
St Colombe en Auxois
St Colombe en Auxois
This is a truely lovely house in a tranquil part of Burgundy. There is plenty to see and do in the surrounding area as well as lots of relaxing to be had at the house. The house is perfect, clean, well presented and very well equiped.
- Guest Betty25 (St Albans)
- Date of stay 05/24/08
- Review Submitted 06/04/08
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children.
Das Haus vereint den Charme eines für Burgund typischen alten Hauses mit moderner komfortabler Einrichtung. Viel Platz und sehr sauber, ganz ruhig auf dem Dorf.
- Guest Fabian (Ahrensburg)
- Date of stay 07/10/10
- Review Submitted 08/22/10
Bed Linen and towels are provided but we ask for a supplement of £15 per person cleaning fee to clean the house and do the laundry. Good, dry firewood is available for £28 a stere (cubic metre). Central Heating is £8 per day extra. Cooking Gas (bottled) is included in the rent, and electricity based on consumption through the meter will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Paris at 250 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Calais at 550 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Montbard (TGV) at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Junction 23 on the A6 at 15 Kilometres
- Primary: +44 (0)20 87430648
- Secondary: +44 (0)7788 144451 Robert Glasgow
- Fax: +44 (0)20 87430648 Telephone first to switch on
Links to more information:
The front of house in summer
The terrace and back garden in winter from the main bedroom
View from front of house - double rainbow
Chateau of Marigny le Cahouet, about 5 klms away
Village from the south
View from the back garden in the snow
The village of St Colombe in the snow
Front of house
Lounge with open fireplace
View from front of house - full moon rising
Flavigny, where they filmed the movie Chocolat
Village of St Colombe in the snow
Front of house in Summer
3 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.