VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
We are delighted to present Villa Darsena, a truly special house. The former guesthouse of Pascha Drahnet-Zervudachi is built on two levels with a total of ca. 400m² living area, and consists of a spacious living/dining-room, a television room, a kitchen, 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. There is a free W-Lan connection in the house. The park which belongs to the house (ca. 6.000 m²) is undoubtedly one of the finest gardens on Lago Maggiore. Its size alone gives one an idea of the former splendour of the possessions of the Egyptian Pascha – when one considers that he was in a position to provide such a large and delightful piece of land „just“ for his guests! After a major fire in 1968, the villa itself was reconstructed in its original form and tastefully furnished by the current owner. All living- and bedrooms have wonderful views of the lake. The generous interior, the various outdoor areas and the exclusive ambiance provide ample opportunity for every guest to find their own special place for an unforgettable holiday. You may feel like a round of tennis on the private clay court (if you use the court, you are responsible for the care of it, or if you wish, the housekeeper will look after it, at a charge). You can swim in the lake, relax on the private beach, or take a boat trip. There are also plenty of activities available for sports enthusiasts. Villa Darsena has the largest private boathouse on the lake. There are several parking amenities within the closed grounds. A household help is also available, if desired.
Living House Plan:
- Ground Floor with approx. 200 m² living area • Spacious Entrance Hall • Light-flooded living/dining-room with fireplace, piano, SAT-TV and access to both balconies • Television room with SAT-TV, DVD-player and access to the approx. 36 m² balcony • Well-equipped separate kitchen/living area with dish-washer, oven, micro-wave and side-view of the lake • Bedroom with double bed and single mattresses, SAT-TV and en suite bathroom with bath and shower, bidet, double washbasin, window with marvellous view of the lake • 2nd attractive bathroom with bidet, shower and window • Approx. 6 m² side balcony with sun-awning and breathtaking view of the lake and the mountains opposite • Approx. 36 m² sunny balcony with sun-awning and delightful view of the lake and the mountains opposite • Splendid outdoor area with small private beach, approx. 200 m² lakeside terrace, approx. 200 m² boathouse and approx. 6.000 m² park with tennis court and unique view of the lake and the surrounding mountains.
- Upper Floor with approx. 200 m² living area • 2nd bedroom with two single beds which can be placed together and wonderful view of the lake • 3rd bedroom with double bed and double mattress, splendid view of the lake, bathroom en suite with bath and shower, bidet and window • 4th approx. 50 m² bedroom with double bed and double mattress, fire-place, safe, great view of the lake, en suite bathroom with bath and shower, bidet and window • 5th attractive bathroom with bath, shower, bidet and window • Laundry room with washingmachine, iron and ironing board, access to terrace • Store room • Approx. 8 m² covered terrace with guest w.c. and side view of lake
Nebensaison Apr 11 - May 22, 2015 3 night min stay
Zwischensaison May 23 - Jun 26, 2015 5 night min stay
Hauptsaison Jun 27 - Aug 28, 2015 5 night min stay
Zwischensaison Aug 29 - Sep 11, 2015 5 night min stay
Nebensaison Sep 12 - Oct 24, 2015 3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Stay Tax *
* This amount will be due to the manager upon arrival.
Does not apply to children under 6 years.
- Haushaltshilfe für € 13,- pro Stunde
- Wäschewechsel für € 15,- pro Person
- Gut erzogenes Haustier für € 10,- pro Nacht
- Bettwäsche und Handtücher sind im Mietpreis inbegriffen.
Die o.g. Preise beziehen sich auf eine Belegung bis 8 Personen.
Bei einer Belegung bis 6 Personen erhalten Sie einen Preisnachlass in Höhe von € 50,- pro Nacht, bei einer Belegung bis 4 Personen erhalten Sie einen Preisnachlass in Höhe von € 100,- pro Nacht.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
The name of this region which consists of 15 different villages, stems from the Greek – eu (gut), ghe (earth) and bios (life) and means „Land of Good Life“. In earlier times, rye, oats and potatoes from this fertile region were cultivated on the land between the lake below and the chestnut forrests in the higher regions. Livestock farming was also common. The wood from the forrests was used i.a. as fuel for the steam engines of the railway in Verbania and the twigs were even transported as far as Milan and used there in the bakery ovens. There are many architechtural gems to be discovered in Oggebbio and surroundings, such as the parish church Parocchiale die Santi Peitro e Paolo in the village of Gonte, which has the highest belfry (42m) in the Verbano region, the Romanesque church Sant'Agata, which originates from the 12th century, or the chapel „della Natività di Maria di Cadessino“ in Novaglio, with its wonderful 15th century frescoes. The unique micro-climate in this part of Lago Maggiore favours the growth of many Mediterranean and exotic plants. In the second half of the 19th century, the Camelia, named after the Jesuit priest, Georg Joseph Kamel, arrived in the area. This plant belongs to the Asian family of plants known as Theaceae.These rare forms of the Winter Camelia are the stars of the cooler season and nowhere in Europe is the climate as favourable for their cultivation as in the Lago Maggiore region. But Oggebbio is not only attractive for nature and plant lovers. The many and varied excursions which may be taken on the lake and in the surrounding mountains and valleys lend a particular charm to this area. The vicinity of towns such as Locarno and Ascona, with their annual international film and jazz festivals, offer yet more opportunities for relaxation, sport and culture.
Speaks: english, french, german, spanish, portuguese, italian