Ski Crystal Mtn!!**Kayaks*Pontoon Boat*Gameroom*Water Trampoline*
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Frankfort house description
OPEN ALL YEAR!!
Near Crystal Mountain!!
For your Fall Color Tour, Cozy Family Thanksgiving, Holiday & Winter Ski Getaways, Spring Break, and Summer Vacations!!
This new in 2006, 4 bedroom, 2 bath re-creation of an authentic farm house is located on all sports, not all crowded Upper Herring Lake with, 140' of private water frontage. The Farm House Cottage sits on 2.5 acres on a quite, peaceful country road surrounded by a perfect blend of rolling hills, woodlands, orchards and vineyards.
Privacy and elbow room awaits you in this beautifully decorated 2200 sq. ft. yet cozy romantic getaway. Just minutes from Lake Michigan beaches, Frankfort and near many of Northern Michigan's premier vacation spots such as The Sleeping Bear Dunes and Traverse City.
Luxurious, with a rustic edge - you'll think you've walked into the pages of a magazine. Custom ceramic tile, 5' plank flooring, custom woodwork, antique claw foot tub, Pottery Barn style decor and a mix of antique and custom furniture, will help make this a vacation to remember. This Home is also designed with family fun in mind, with separate areas for grown-ups and little ones alike.
Also, just down the boardwalk through the protected natural area, await enough waterfront amenities to fill a barn! There is a row boat, 2 kayaks, 1 towable water trampoline w/tow rope, life jackets in various shapes & sizes, full dock w/moorings for extra boats, fire pit w/chairs, rope hammock, chaise lounge, and as an extra bonus we include the use a pontoon boat free of charge ( a $1,000 value, see Amenities for details). Oh, and did we mention 10 gallons of free premixed fuel!
Keywords: Lakefront, Home, Traverse City, Waterfront, Frankfort, Pontoon Boat
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 8-14
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Linens Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Game Console:
- Video Library
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Skiing
- Horseback Riding
ReviewsWrite a review
Excellent Vacation Rental!
Excellent Vacation Rental!
We loved our vacation in this lake rental home! It was the perfect size for our family (2 grandparents, 4 adults, 3 children and our dog) and we loved that the water toys (pontoon boat and kayaks) were all included. The place was very clean on our arrival and the home is well appointed and decorated (the pictures are quite accurate) and we experienced no issues during our stay. The woodsy setting is gorgeous (with nightly visits by deer in the yard during our week there) and we all loved the pleasant walk down to the firepit and dock area (it was just far enough away that we didn't have to worry about the kids getting into the lake by themselves). The kids enjoyed the swing set and sandbox as well. We had a ton of fun exploring the nearby beaches, lighthouses, and Sleeping Bear Dunes. I would not hesitate to rent this property again!
- Guest Angela (Indiana)
- Date of stay 09/21/13
- Review Submitted 10/15/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, pet owners, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
My husband and I pastor a church, and as you can imagine The month of December is hectic and crazy. My husband and I were exhausted by the end of this and so was our church secretary. We decided to get away for 4 days 3 nights, and found the Farm House. We brought with us our 3 dogs. We found this to be the perfect retreat place. The home was extremely comfortable, the grounds were lovely. My husband was able to sleep late, read books and take nice short walks in the fresh air. Our secretary and I took LONG lovely walks. (We would have liked to ski but not enough snow!) We walked on the country roads and different trails through the forest. It was all lovely and then we could come home to a beautiful and comfortable house. We also found that the people who run this house are great. One of the futons in the living room broke while we were there. Just a phone call away was a very helpful and nice maintenance man who came right out to fix it for us! Thanks for a lovely time.....
- Guest cathy (owosso michigan)
- Date of stay 01/04/12
- Review Submitted 01/12/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, pet owners, sightseeing.
Farmhouse Review First Week of August 2011
Farmhouse Review First Week of August 2011
1) House is decorated well, it's very clean, and beds are comfortable. Prep of boat w/ extra gas and wood supplied for fire pit were very nice touches. 200yd boardwalk to lake is serene through the trees. 2) Lake is awesome, water is clean and warm, and nearly private. Not a lot of boat traffic. 3) Pontoon boat, water tramp, and kayaks are excellent and were used often by all. Moors for water tramp in great location offshore for swimming and fun. Great value in rental with these amenities. 4) Fished lake hard w/ artificials and live bait. Fishing is consistent for large rock bass, occasional large largemouths, and few smallmouth bass. Lake should be catch and release, or on slot limit to improve numbers and size. 5) House Upper Herring Lake frontage is heavily wooded with access from dock. Lake has very soft sediment near shore and you will sink into the sediment deeply if you walk in. 6) Although plot is 2.5acres, probably less than quarter acre mowed, and lot is on slant/ slope. Not optimal for tossing football, playing whiffle ball, or catching baseball. Yard is well maintained and nice touches of small garden, raspberry bushes, etc. around the grounds. 7) House rear deck could use additional steps facing rearward to beach boardwalk, and size as a future upgrade. 8) WIFI and gas grill would be appreciated upgrades. 9) Overall the house is good value and description/pictures are accurate. The rental agency is professional. If you are looking for a solid house, enjoy water sports offshore, like a low traffic lake, and good proximity to Frankfort and Elberta beaches this is the place for you. 10) Appreciated the opportunity to rent the property and will seriously look at other properties in addition to the Farmhouse.
- Guest Wisconsin (Plymouth, MI USA)
- Date of stay 07/30/11
- Review Submitted 08/09/11
Recommended for: Girls getaway, adventure seekers, age 55+, romantic getaway, pet owners, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you for your review. Glad you had a good time, and you are welcome back anytime. We will definitely take your suggestions into consideration, and appreciate your input. I would like to comment on a couple of things that may be helpful. Concerning WIFI, there is no cable service in that area, and the phone companies do not offer a dsl plan either. Satellite, it is slow, extremely expensive, and has a band width limit, which makes it almost useless. It would surely produce a high degree of complaints. Cell service however is decent, and with todays smart phones, many can be turned into WIFI hotspots for a small fee (typically $20) from your cell carrier. Also many tethering apps, for most smart phones, are available online. Usually free of charge. With these apps you can connect your phone to your computer for free. Hope this helps. Also for the record the 200 yards to the lake sounded a little far, so we took a wheel to it, and it came in at 130 yards. To anyone counting yards this may be useful info. Thanks again, and hope to see you at one of our homes!
Eight of us enjoyed our stay at the Farmhouse for our annual fall color tour. The listing description was right on, the pictures accurate and the property was well-maintained. We traveled to nearby Traverse City, Glen Arbor and Leland for shopping, and stopped at the scenic lookout on M-22 (only 5 minutes from the Farmhouse) which looks out over Lake Michigan. What a thing of beauty, don't miss it. We took the pontoon out for a drive around the lake. It was quiet and the colors were beautiful. We will surely be back
- Guest Buzz (Holland, Ohio)
- Date of stay 10/14/10
- Review Submitted 10/19/10
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, pet owners.
September 14th, 2013 - May 24th, 2014 = $1600/week, or $260/night (2 night min.) May 24th, 2014 - May 31st, 2014 = $1600/week May 31st, 2014 - June 7th, 2014 = $1900/week June 7th, 2014 - June 14th, 2014 = $2400/week June 14th, 2014 - August 23rd, 2014 = $3100/week August 23rd, 2014 - August 30th, 2014 = $2400/week August 30th, 2014 - September 6th, 2014 = $1900/week Sept 6th 2014 - Sept 13th 2014 = $1600/wk after 13th 1600/wk, or 260/nt(2 nt min.)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Primary: (231) 632-0833 (Michigan, USA)
Links to more information:
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2005.
Date last modified - Friday, December 13, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.