Waterfront with Magnificent, Panoramic Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
WONDERFUL HOUSE, BEAUTIFUL SETTING
* Quiet, safe neighborhood on a private road.
* Spacious front lawn for a game of croquet or badminton.
* Windows and decks in back overlook ever-changing saltwater vistas.
* Our own new dock has a float with swim ladder and lobster 'car' (box) for home deliveries.
* Next to the dock is a new stairway to the shore for exploring sea life at low tide, or launching kayaks from dry land.
* Great boating, especially kayaking, canoeing and sailing.
* Fish from shore or dock.
* Investigate islands, enjoy bird and seal-watching.
* Local lobsterman delivers your order by arrangement.
SPOTLESS, COMFORTABLE HOME
* Large, airy master bedroom with queen size bed. *Smaller bedroom with double bed, antique, hand-painted country furniture.
*Third bedroom has two single beds, mirrored dressers and an old, lift-top student desk.
* Water views from cozy den, large eat-in kitchen, and extra-large living/dining room.
*Maytag clothes washer and dryer. Recently renovated full bathroom.
* Well supplied with local recreational and restaurant information. Books and games and puzzles; TVs, stereo. Outdoor furniture and new gas grill.
*Half bath is an authentic period piece from the 1970s.
* All living spaces on one floor.
* Besides boating, swimming, walking, hiking, fishing, reading and daydreaming, you’ll find the town of Waldoboro a lovely interlude between charming Damarascotta and the busy Rockland/Camden area.
* Known as the home of the five-masted schooner, Waldoboro has a new library with a friendly staff, a small theater, and a local history museum.
* Unexpected bonuses in Waldoboro include an excellent bakery(Borealis), *one of the state’s best pizza places (Movie & Pizza), *The Narrows, a tavern with wonderful musicians, *The Rusty Hinges, on Tuesday evenings and good food all the time, and an exceptional *grocery store (Morse's) that makes its own sauerkraut and aged cheddar, and imports other unusual foods. And, of course, we have the *famous local landmark, Moody’s Diner.
* In and around Waldoboro you’ll find super restaurants, antique shops, weekly auctions, fine arts galleries, and crafts studios. Rockland’s *Farnsworth Museum is one of the country’s best American art museums, and up the street, *Sunfire Mexican Grill is wonderful. From bargains (think Reny’s in Damarascotta) to top-of-the-line boutiques (e.g. *Archipelago at the Island Institute in Rockland), you can explore and shop as much (or as little) as you like.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- 1.0 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Free Long Distance
- Deck / Patio:
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Live Theater
- About 15 minutes to Damariscotta; 25 minutes to Rockland.
ReviewsWrite a review
A relaxing vacation by the water
A relaxing vacation by the water
This June my husband, son and two grandsons had the pleasure of staying at this home in Waldoboro. Our original reservation was for one week but we enjoyed it so much we asked to extend it for another week. Luckily it was available. The new dock is great. We enjoyed sitting on the float in the evening and enjoying a drink. We especially loved the live lobsters which we order and were left in the box in the water by the dock.The boys loved paddling around in the water and looking for clams. Rockland is a short drive away and provides a variety of interesting things to do. And there are numerous excellent restaurants nearby. We particularly enjoyed Moody's and even got their cookbook as a souvenir.The house was spotless when we arrived which was a real pleasure. We are hoping to return next summer.
- Guest Judy
- Date of stay 06/16/12
- Review Submitted 08/22/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+.
Owner response: Wonderful to hear from you. And thank you for your kind words. Look forward to seeing you next year.
Beautiful views over priced
Beautiful views over priced
We stayed in July it has great views but found it to be over priced compared to other proerties in the area. Owner waived fees for dog and cleaning I feel that she needed the rental as we did not book until a short time before we arrived there must have been a reason for all of the vacant weeks. Sparsely furnished with no comfortable furniture to sit in. Great amount of books on shelfs but loaded with mildue. Two small tv's with very limited selection of channels ( 2 french 3 public 1 local and no national stations). You must be out by 10 in the morning and the house must be as clean as an operating room or you will be charged a very large fee which they will deduct from your deposit. One day I walked in from the deck to find the owners agent snooping around the house. Small dog next store barks all of the time at your door.The day we left we started cleaning at 7:00 am and it took forever for things to dry in the dryer which was very stresfull because you must be out by 10:00 or you willbe chared a fee.
- Guest Happy
- Date of stay 07/21/12
- Review Submitted 08/15/12
Owner response: Here is the real source of Wade's complaint: like most rental agreements ours asks that tenants leave the house "in as good repair, order and condition" as they found it. We waive the cleaning fee because most renters are considerate and conscientious. We hold the standard refundable cleaning/damage deposit. This family left our house in a disgusting mess. Our housekeeper had to clean more than two hours longer than she usually does. She gave me a list of the specifics. I wrote Wade explaining why I was deducting the extra cleaning cost from the deposit, and that I would refund the rest. It is the only time in eleven years of renting that I’ve withheld any portion of a deposit. I had no reply at all from Wade. On August 8 my refund check was cashed. On August 15 I got copy of his vindictive review. Other fabrications: we never charge for late departure, our furniture is very comfortable, our rates are comparable to similar properties, etc. But his charge of snooping is too unkind to let pass. This is what actually happened: We had noticed a slight leak from the washing machine the day before Wade arrived. I called him to ask if they minded our arranging a repair. He said it was fine. When the repair was scheduled our housekeeper called the house to tell them when to expect the repairman. No answer. She walked over. The breezeway was unlocked and the front door was open. She rang the bell. Nothing. Finally she stepped inside and started calling "Hello". Wade came in from the back deck. He said the repair time was OK. She left. That is not snooping! We ask renters to let us know how we might improve their stay. Wade's only valid complaint, about the clothes dryer, has been addressed.
A magical place right on a large tidal river. Water views change every half hour. Shorebirds galore (gulls, terns, osprey, heron, and today an eagle). Seals play on an island offshore. Dock for swimming, kayaking, and fishing. Three bedrooms, two large sitting rooms, deck with grill accomodate family and guests comfortably. Immaculate. Near major inland attractions: Boothbay, Damariscotta, Pemaquid and Rockland. We have come back for many years and all cares just fall away as we walk in the door. Be sure to schedule your visit when the full moon is rising over the water—unforgettable view from living room picture windows.
- Guest Margo
- Date of stay 07/07/12
- Review Submitted 07/12/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing, pet owners, age 55+.
Owner response: Many thanks for your comments—they remind us why we love this place so much. Your enjoyment over the years is especially gratifying.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
1/2 rental amount to secure deposit.
Balance of payment, including Sales Tax, Security Deposit and Pet Fee due one month before scheduled arrival.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
7% State of Maine Sales Tax.
$500 refundable Security Deposit to cover damage and more than normal cleaning expenses.
$50 Pet Fee.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: Jack, an architect, grew up in North Carolina. I'm a writer, born in New York. We've lived in many places and traveled a good deal, but nothing compares to the beauty and pleasures we find here. Sitting on the deck, kayaking, going for walks, reading . . . this house is the most wonderful and relaxing place I know. Exploring nearby, and visiting museums and antique shops is fun too.
Why the Owner Chose Waldoboro:
The town of Waldoboro is unique. Though it has a significant summer population it has kept the character of a small, friendly town. We have summer theater, a new library with a very helpful staff, a great take-out pizza place (voted one Maine's best) where you can also rent a movie, and good local restaurants. We have everything you might want to find out about Maine in over decade's worth of Down East magazines in our library. We also have an eclectic, maybe even eccentric variety of books, from mysteries to philosophy.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The house is sunny, very clean and comfortable and has ever-changing beautiful views.
- Primary: (413) 548-9561 (Massachusetts, USA)
- Secondary: 413-658-5146
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sunset and rainbow grace our dock and local lobster boat.
Floor plan of this house that is sunny, comfortable and welcoming.
Our new dock and new stairway to the shore. May 2012.
Kayaking toward our shorelie.
View from living room.
The large bedroom has windows on two walls.
Bedroom with twin beds and (not visible) antique student desk.
Beautiful any time of the year.
The house is set back on a private road.
Overlooking salt water Medomak River from the deck in back of house.
Fun at low tide.
Watch the river, TV, or read in the living/dining room. Library is well stocked.
Watch seabirds, seals & lobster boats in the sunny, eat-in kitchen.
Smalle bedroom is furnished with country antiques.
Full moon is always awesome.
Tuesday, local musicians The Rusty Hinges at The Narrows in Waldoboro.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2005.
Date last modified - Saturday, May 25, 2013