Large Family Friendly Georgian Home with Wifi
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
You will find that our most welcoming home in rural Southwest Ireland is a charming, atmospheric and spacious holiday rental which is ideal for large families or perhaps smaller groups of family or friends to share.
We are very proud that we are currently ranked NO.1 for our type of accomodation in the Limerick area.
Ballyteigue House in County Limerick is a large 4* country house of great character, built in 1800s as a “hunting lodge”, now beautifully presented making it a perfect, comfortable holiday base for you.
If you are interested in golfing, fishing, hillwalking, cycling, mountain biking, horse-riding or touring this most beautiful and historic part of Ireland you will find no better place.
Ballyteigue House is close to the village of Bruree and is set on a hill, enjoying beautiful sweeping views over the lush Golden Vale countryside, and onto the Ballyhoura hills, and Galtee Mountains.
If you want, you can stay put and just wallow in the rural tranquility, light a roaring fire and settle down with a good book….. but on your doorstep is undoubtedly an area of legend, of folklore, castles, priorys, monastic and prehistoric ruins for you to discover.
If you are looking to discover more of Southwest Ireland, Ballyteigue is a fantastic location with so much within an hours drive in ANY direction
- the ATLANTIC Ocean for walking beaches, swimming, surfing, hot seaweed baths in Ballybunion
- KILLARNEY and its National Park with stunning lakes and mountains,
- TIPPERARY, where you will see Rock of Cashel, and visit Mitchelstown Caves along the way
- CLARE for the Cliffs of Moher and the iconic Burren
- CORK City, with Kinsale and Blarney Castle and Fota Wildlife Park nearby
- LIMERICK as City of Culture 2014 with an unending program of events
- Cork, Shannon and Kerry Airports
Closer to home,
o ADARE Village one of Irelands prettiest with a Heritage Centre, Adare Manor Golf Club and a great selection of good restuarants and pubs
o a donkey santuary near the village of Buttevant,
o a cycleway along old railway line in the Rathkeale/Newcastle West area (bikes can be rented locally)
o BALLYHOURA Forest Park, with world class mountain biking hosting 2014 European Marathon Championships in June, also has Hiking Trails, Orienteering, Bike Rental , and Kilfinane Outdoor Adventure Centre nearby
o LOCH GUR Heritage Centre exhibiting over 6000 years of history (Certificate of Excellence 2013)
- Bunratty Castle and Folk Park....you can spend a lovely day here. You will be charmed as you visit the farm houses and cottages and watch the tasks of rural Irish families. Make sure you see the baking of the griddle bread next to the fire and tasting it hot with fresh creamery butter.
Our house, your holiday home....
BALLYTEIGUE HOUSE, in its private scenic rural location and surrounding area is particularly appealing to
- Artists /writers /musicians looking to be inspired in a beautiful natural environment.
- Family groups needing lots of space
- Outdoor Adverturers loving comfort after busy day exploring
It has been a family home for many years and inside exudes coziness, homeliness and convenience.
Outside we have a lovely, well tended garden for you to wander around, which is safe for young children to run and play. The BBQ is ready and waiting for you to fire up on warm summer evenings allowing you to sit back, relax and watch the swallows swoop.
Inside our large gracious Georgian hunting lodge, you will find 4 extra large bedrooms ensuite sleeping 2/3 in each room and one smaller bedroom with its own separate bathroom.
All rooms are tastily furnished with beautiful period furniture which adds to the ambiance. You can enjoy 2 large sitting rooms (one with TV, DVD) and a large well equipped kitchen.
As we have a a splendid Dining room that has hosted many of our families Birthday partys, Christmas reunions, and may other special occasions. It could be equally special and memorable for YOUR family or friends gatherings.
The piano and large open fireplaces add to the ambiance of our tranquil country retreat.
Wifi is available throughout the house.
Owners live nearby and will help as much as they can to make your holiday a memorable one.
SHANNON Airport 50 mins
CORK Airport: 60 mins
Limerick City: 25mins
Cork City: 50 mins
Killarney: 75 mins
Important dates for 2014
3/5th May - Ballyhoura International Walking Festival
14/15th June - EUROPEAN MOUNTAIN BIKING MARATHON in nearby Ballyhoura
23 Aug - Limerick Show (Irelands Largest Agricultural Show)
6-9th Oct: This year Ireland will host the ATTA’s 11th annual ADVENTURE TRAVEL WORLD Travel World Summit (ATWS) in Killarney;
Always ask for offers and late deals and we are flexible for midweek bookings and small numbers. Do ask us.
Phone +353 63 90575, +353 87 6789452
Keywords: Georgian Country House, Limerick Holidays, Limerick City of Culture, walking in ireland, fishing in ireland, horseriding, Limerick holiday rental, Bruree house rental, Bruree Vacation rental, luxury house rental, Ireland golf vacation rental, European Mountain Biking Marathon, ATTA 11th annual ADVENTURE TRAVEL WORLD Travel World Summit, late deals
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- Chateau / Country House
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Car Available
- Private Chef
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 9-12
- 3 bedrooms have either a Queen or Double bed, 2 of which have a 2nd bed (either single in the Peach Room, or double in the Green Room). The 4th bedroom (Pink room) is twin (2 single beds). All of these have a ensuite shower and toilet/sink. 5th bedroom (blue) has a smaller double bed, with a seperate bathroom We can also provide Travel cot for our much younger guests In our detached unit 'The Cottage', which is converted stables, we have 3 more smaller bedrooms....moreless
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
- Audio Tape Player
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
The land of County Limerick is green and fertile. Contented cattle relax, beautiful horses and foals graze or gallop and there is a general feeling of well-being. Limerick contains the most perfect picture-postcard village in Ireland and one of the most exciting archaeological sites besides many other attractions Our house is located in the south County Limerick, on a hill, the house has beautiful sweeping views over the rural lush Golden Vale countryside, and onto the Galtee mountains beyond in Tipperary. ...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Seating for 15 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Fireplace:
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Mini Refrigerator
- Pantry Items
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 - Jul 1, 2016
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Not included
There is extra charge for oil and electricity Bank Transfer where possible
Travel with Confidence
Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 2 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
GOLF - Choose from famous Links at Ballybunnion/Kerry, or Lahinch/Clare.
--- Championship course Adare(20 mins),
---- Or local Charleville (10mins drive, Limerick County Golf and Country Club:
WALKING - Organised walks each Sunday in Ballyhoura-visitors welcome. Or take yourself along the BALLYHOURA WAY 22 loop walks for every type of enthusiast.
- BALLYHOURA INTERNATIONAL WALKING FESTIVAL 3rd-5th May:
- HIKING IN Kerry/MCGILLYCUDDY REEKS, we can put you in touch with a guide that will take any of the many walks in the this stunning part of Ireland:
- CYCLING - the BALLYHOURA MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAIL-the largest trail in Ireland (96k) provides many options for off-road cycling in the mountains (showers and bike hire available on site).
Also hosting EUROPEAN MOUNTAIN BIKING MARATHON 14TH & 15TH June:
- HORSE- RIDING can be arranged in Clonshire, Adare:
- HORSE RACING Limerick race course 20mins away:
LOCAL FESTIVALS “Killmallock Flower Show” July, the
Charleville Agriculture Show in July and the Limerick Show in August
Ballyteigue House, photo taken from within the gardens
Our 'Drawing' Room for relaxation
The stairway inside
One of the double bedrooms
You have arrived....
You will see lots of cows near Ballyteigue
Fox Hunting in Limerick (Adare)
visit the (very high) Cliffs of Moher
Sitting Room with TV/DVD
Spacious Dining Room
The 'Cream' Bedroom
Ballyteigue House awaits you
The courtyard of Ballyteigue House
King Johns Castle in Limerick City
Ballybunion beach (with Seaweed baths closeby)
The impressive Rock of Cashel in Tipperary
This listing was first published here in 2005.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 21, 2015
- Property typeChateau / Country House
Get an instant quote
- Response time Within a few days
- Response rate 90%
- Calendar last updated 09/21/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.