River Keep. Mountain Bike, Fish, Atv or Snow Mobile Right from the Cabin.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Swan Valley cabin description
10 private acres on the Swan River with easy access to hiking, boating, fishing, horse back riding, guided big game hunting, wilderness mountain biking, cross country skiing.
Large kitchen and breakfast bar, gas cook top, huge windows looking to the river and mountains, adjoining great room with a river rock faced wood burning fireplace, WiFi, and surround sound for movies. Open up the cabinet to find cards, poker chips, back gammon, cribbage and who knows what else will draw everyone around the table to play after a big day outdoors.
Large master suite with a king size bed on the main floor. Enjoy the double heads in the shower or maybe a relaxing steam shower. Double sinks and a private toilet room. Conveniently located laundry and powder room also on the main floor.
Upstairs are 2 bedrooms that each have a queen and a twin size bed. The bathroom has a 6 foot heated air tub.
Enjoy marshmallows and review the days past events around the huge bonfire pit in the front yard. Maybe a cold drink and quiet conversation on the patio that looks toward the bonfire pit and the rumbling Swan river.
At River Keep you are surrounded by public lands with miles and miles of roads, trails, lakes, streams and rivers gushing with fish, and forests full of huckleberries. You decide if you want to hike, bike, snowmobile or ride your atv, it's all right outside the door.
At the end of the day fire up the bar-bq and spread all the dinner goodies out on 2 picnic tables that seat 10 people each.
Several churches within 6 miles either direction. Also the Historical Museum is only 1 mile from the cabin.
Just 5 minutes to the north is the Mercantile grocery store where you can get fresh meats and vegetables or bakery goods.Day trips to Seeley Lake just 25 minutes to the south where there is snowmobile or atv riding, boat rentals, ice fishing and shopping. A 45 minute trip north to Bigfork where you can enjoy western art galleries, Bigfork Summer Playhouse, or boat tours on Flathead Lake. Also 90 minutes north of River Keep is Glacier National Park.
- 2248 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- The master suite is on the main floor, the walls and ceilings are insulated to create a very private environment. Watch some TV or just cuddle up with a book in the king size bed after your steam bath. The steam shower has 2 shower heads and a bench big enough for two people to enjoy a steamer. Upstairs are 2 bedrooms. Each bedroom has tons of windows and feels a bit like escaping into a tree fort. Watch the sun rise over the Swan's or set behind the towering Mission Mountains. From this perch you will have quiet, privacy and maybe even a chance to watch a storm rolling through the valley, or the elk grazing in the back yard. Crawl into the queen size bed and cozy up to a good book....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Music Library
- Video Library
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
Nestled into 10 acres with Forest Service property to the north, riparian area to the east. Watch moose, elk, sandhill cranes, deer, and maybe bear while sipping a morning coffee at the breakfast bar....moreless
- Mountain View:
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Whitewater Rafting
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Fitness Center
- River Keep sits between the Swan Range and Bob Marshall Wilderness and the Mission Mountain Wilderness. Our front yard is the confluence of Glacier Creek and the Swan River. River Keep gives you a great place to start any adventure, central to everything wild outdoors. Start the early morning with one of our complimentary fly rods and a 2 minute walk to the river to fish for Trout- Rainbow - Bulltrout & Cutthroat. Enjoy standing knee deep in the gentle river current while the sunshine bounces off the Swan's. The geese cackle and the Eagles screech while you mend your line into some riffling pools of water teaming with fish. Watch the deer and elk along the bank as they start their day. Then the short walk back to the cabin for the best breakfast and coffee you've ever had. That's my favorite way to start the day! Maybe you'd rather start your day with a mountain bike ride into the Mission Mountains, the ride starts at River Keep. And the kitchen is big enough to feed a whole bunch of hungry trail riders. There are over 30 lakes close by that can be hiked into or recreated on. Holland Lake and Lindbergh Lake are within 12 miles, bring your own boat, there is fantastic flat water to ski on, or canoe or kayak. If you want to rent a ski boat go to Seeley Lake just 30 minutes away. If you are looking for a back country experience gentle enough for the kids, there are lots of 2 to 5 mile hikes into mountain lakes. A family favorite is to grab the bear spray and fishing pole and hike 1 mile through the Mission Mountain Wilderness to Glacier Lake. If you want some white water fun bring a raft and put in the Swan River at Piper Creek. Keep an eye out for the moose. I'd also bring my fishing rod. Head 8 miles south of River Keep to the Holland Lake Lodge to rent a canoe, kayak or sign up for a guided horse back riding trip into the Swan Range or Bob Marshall Wilderness. At the end of the day enjoy a world class dinner and drinks at the Lodge or get a steak dinner at the Hugry Bear Steakhouse. Our brand new cabin is decked out for cooking your own steaks or fish on the patio gas grill. Arrange the patio chairs for relaxed conversation and have the kids slide into 2 over sized picnic tables that seat 10 people each. After a big dinner it's time for yard games, some evening fishing, a bon fire or maybe a walk on the road. Don't forget the hot dogs and marshmallows. When it's time to slow it down go check out the cabinet next to the stone fireplace for board games, poker chips or a deck of cards. A fun way to bunch up the family for some laughs one last time for this day. Glacier National Park is only 1 1/2 hours drive north. It's a beautiful drive through the Swan Valley past Swan Lake, through Big Fork, on to Columbia Falls and into the Park. Getting there is as fun as being there. There are many outfitters available to guide you into the Bob Marshall for white water rafting, fishing for massive trout, or big game hunting in the Fall. Winter in the Swan Valley is a wonderland. Cross country skiing or snowmobiling right from River Keep. There are miles of un-groomed trails right outside the door. Also if you go south 25 miles there are miles and miles of groomed and expert snowmobile trails. Year round activities and year round quiet. Our log cabin on 10 acres will be the respite you're looking for. Bring the book you've been meaning to read and see if you can sit still or stay awake long enough to finish it. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Property Damage Protection $89
- Tax Rate 7%
Please call me so I can send you the agreement.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Glacier Park International - Kalispell at 65 Miles
- Nearest Train: Whitefish Montana at 80 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 83 at 0.7 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Liquid Louie's at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Whitefish Mountain at 80 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Seeley Lake at 25 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Hungry Bear at 3.8 Miles
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: Greg is a second generation Montana builder who grew up going to the family cabin at Lindbergh Lake, just 14 miles away. Robi is a third generation Kalispell native and works as an RN at Providence Hospital. Greg designed and built this cabin for their family of three boys, a daughter in law, and our grand daughter. Robi and Greg have spent their last 30 years together recreating both summer and winter in the Swan valley. Water skiing, tubing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, hiking into various lakes and fishing the waters of the valley. The more we spend time here the more we realize this is really is, 'The Last Best Place' for us and our family. We are excited to be able to share what we love with you.
Why the Owner Chose Swan Valley:
When we saw this property we instantly realized the wonderful potential for family and privacy. As we have uncovered the immense beauty of this property and the outdoors we continue to be wowed by the peace and happiness River Keep has blessed us with. We love the close proximity to groceries, dining, church, fresh produce, the Community Center and Rodeo grounds, the Library, Lindbergh Lake, Holland Lake, and all the wilderness trails and lakes.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
We have built a modern state of the art cabin with all the things to make roughing it so easy. With the privacy we have and the room to entertain it is always easy to have friends drop in, even if it gets loud. Being able to help one of the kids learn how to fly fish is as much fun as early mornings alone on the river. The Forest Service office is a mile away if you need maps, advice, or you just want to go through their animal museum. Check out the Grizzly Bear mount on display.
- Primary: 4068800090 Call with any questions.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Swan River in the front yard
Young Elk grazing in the yard
A day hike for some great trout fishing.
Sneak peak of our project
Bunk house and private patio.
Bunk house bedroom with queen size beds
Patio looking into the great room and kitchen. Log cabin cozy.
Lots of front yard to play in.
Cozy up to the rock fireplace!
Robi & Greg cooling in the river
Shelby fly fishing
Sunshine, a good book, and the sound of the river.
There's fish in there! Front yard
Aspen trees in January on the Swan River.
Old fire look-out close by
Bunk house sun room looking to the mountains, river, and front yard.
Welcome to River Keep! We have 10 private acres on the Swan River & Glacier Crk.
A day hike on the Glacier Lake trail.
A day hike into Cold Lake.
Rope swinging at Lindbergh 12 miles away.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Monday, April 07, 2014
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.