Outdoor Adventure, Relaxation and Escape from the Hustle & Bustle of City Life
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Winnipeg cabin description
Rivers Edge Resort is the place to be if you’re wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of the city life and get away for a holiday or weekend and unwind or relax. Paddling, hiking, fishing, combined with relaxation in front of a fire, is good for the mind, body, and soul! There is a river front gazebo already in place with solar panels for lighting. There is a vegetable garden on the property which would allow for guests to have fresh vegetables available to them in summer months if they so desire. An abundance of fruit trees have already been planted as well. Fresh linens, towels and amenities are included.
Groomed snowmobile trails
Kayaks and canoes for private use (included in the price)
9 hole Golf course 10 minute drive from resort
Experienced management team on site for guided kayak/canoe trips or a snowmobile adventure
River front gazebo with solar panels for lighting
Vegetable garden which allows for fresh vegetables in the summer months
Abundance of fruit trees
•Additional rental cabins
•Office with a common room for larger gatherings
•Outdoor gazebo with a retractable roof
•Year round hot tub
•5000 sq. ft. tent to host summer weddings with RV parking
- 836 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Events Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- All linens are provided.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- All towels and amenities are provided
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Child's Highchair
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Roller Blading
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Big Game
- Hunting Small Game
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Medical Services
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Rivers Edge Resort Inc., located on the Whitemouth River in the hamlet of Elma, Manitoba, is a new business catering to the outdoor enthusiast with its natural environment. The business will be established to offer year round accommodations to couples or groups seeking adventure or solitude. The business will cater to the kayaker, camper and fisherman in the summer, the snowmobiler and cross country skier in the winter. Rivers Edge Resort is the place to be if you’re wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of the city life and get away for a holiday or weekend and unwind or relax. Paddling, hiking, fishing, combined with relaxation in front of a fire, is good for the mind, body, and soul! For the Adventurer Rivers Edge Resort - Seasonal ResortFrom fishing for master anglers to snowmobiling the groomed trails of the Eastern Snopals, Rivers Edge Resort caters to very different markets for the changing seasons. •Fishing •Hiking •Kayaking/canoeing For the Peace and Quiet From sitting by a campfire, to watching otters play in the river, one can be at peace with the surroundings of nature. •Campfires •Plenty of wildlife to enjoy! •Bird-watching •Relaxing and reading a good book For some Family Fun! Easy and fun for the kids! Immediate river access, located on a major highway close to the Whiteshell Provincial Park. •Room for larger family gatherings •Fishing •Family campfires For the Love Birds Rivers Edge Resort offers accommodations to couples or groups seeking adventure or solitude. •Kayaking/canoeing •Hiking •Peace and quite to relax •Your very own dream wedding! •Relaxation in the hot tub For the Adventurer From skating on the river to snowmobiling the groomed trails of the Eastern Snopals, Rivers Edge Resort caters to very different markets. Rivers Edge Resort - Seasonal Resort •Snowmobiling •Cross country skiing •Skating •Ice fishing For the Peace and Quiet From sitting by a campfire, to watching snow owls, one can be at peace with the surroundings of nature. •Campfires •Plenty of wildlife to enjoy! •Bird-watching For some Family Fun! Easy and fun for the kids! Immediate river access, located on a major highway close to the Whiteshell Provincial Park. •Skating on the river •Room for larger family gatherings •Ice Fishing •Snowmobiling •Family campfires For the Love Birds Rivers Edge Resort offers accommodations to couples or groups seeking adventure or solitude....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add C$25 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
A deposit of 50% of the rental cost is required at time of reservation. Payment is due in full one week prior to reservation. All deposits and payments are non-refundable and non-transferrable. All policies are subject to change without notice.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$500
- Tax Rate 13%
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Winnipeg at 97 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: VIA Rail at 0.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 15 at 0.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Breton Lake at 45 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Whitemouth Hotel at 12 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Falcon Lake at 79 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Whitemouth at 12 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Elma at 2 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: Joy Sutyla has an extensive background in the hospitality and service industry. She is currently a Licensed Practical Nurse in Dialysis which is a specialized field and she works part-time. She has been a nurse for 9 years. She was also employed with Canada 3000 Airlines as a flight attendant for 6 years flying to several destinations throughout the world. Joy also worked for a non-profit organization Lions Housing Centers focusing on Seniors as a fitness consultant for 5 years. Growing up in the area on a dairy farm, she developed her love of animals and nature. Joy is most comfortable outdoors with a fishing rod in hand or walking about natures wonders. Scott Sutyla is a Certified Engineering Technologist in the Mechanical and Electronic fields. He has owned his own successful business for the last 15 years (Sastech Industrial Automation). He has been involved in building automated equipment for such customers as Motor Coach Industries (bus manufacturer), Arctic Glacier Ice, Macdon Industries (farm equipment manufacturer), and Buhler Versatile Industries (4WD tractor manufacturer). He has mentored Red River College Technology students in the Engineering CO-OP program for the past few summers. He is also an avid outdoors man. Living in the park area, he is involved in hunting, fishing, kayaking, and his greatest love, snowmobiling. He will often cover 200 miles of wilderness in a day, showing others the beauty of the Canadian shield. He has recently also started Iron Identities, a company manufacturing commercial and cottage signs and artwork cut from metal with a CNC plasma cutter.
Why the Owner Chose Winnipeg:
Joy and Scott decided to purchase the Rivers Edge Resort property in 2009 and transform it into a resort with cabin rentals. The resort is located next door to their place of residence. The property was overgrown with grass and weeds and has since been manicured to perfection. There are tufts of tall trees in the yard providing shaded areas as well as a beautiful panoramic view of the river. Joy and Scott were married in 2012 on this property and the site was transformed into a picturesque venue for 200 guests. A reality Shaw television show called “Your Busiest Day” was filmed during the wedding – showcasing the property for the first time. The property was also chosen for the location in proximity to all the amenities of the town as well as the wrap around effect of the river providing 700m of river frontage.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
The management team are avid outdoors people and share in everything that the guests would need knowledge of. Whether it be a guided Kayak or canoe trip or a guided snowmobile ride, the management team will take the hands on approach to ensuring a great experience.
- Primary: +1 204-348-RENT
First Snow fall
Paved Street to the cabin
Bonfire in the evening!
Critter of the River
Warm sunny day on the River
Rock that extends on the river
Aerial view, property on right is Rivers Edge Resort! Very private.
The beautiful River
Beautiful winter pic
Fresh veggies from the garden!
Baby Snapping Turtle
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Tuesday, February 04, 2014
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.