VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Enjoy all New Orleans has to offer in comfort! Don't get stuck in the French Quarter! Visit the crowded and touristy Quarter by day, but relax in our beautiful home by night! Our house has been renovated to provide all the modern comforts in a classic New Orleans double shotgun house.
Located in the East Riverside neighborhood of Uptown, our house provides a fantastic base for exploring the city. Tipitina's is two blocks away on Napoleon, and also marks the start of many of the Mardi Gras parades; walk 5 minutes (or 10, if you are truly on NOLA time) to Magazine Street to shop antiques and other local flavor, hit up some awesome watering holes, or have a great meal. On hot days, stroll down to the oldest snoball stand in the world, Hansen's Sno-Bliz. Take a short drive (or the bus is right outside the house) to the Quarter, or explore Audubon Park and Tulane going the other direction. Cruise down Tchoupitoulas (that's Choppa-Tooliss) and explore the Oak Street area (where you'll find Jacques-Imo's, Squeal BBQ, Oak Street Wine Bar, and the famous Camellia Grill). If you fancy a night in or just need coffee and beer, Rouse's Supermarket is three blocks away. If you are in town for a convention, avoid staying near the Center and instead head down Tchoupitoulas and stay in comfort.
Guests have access to the entire house. Three roomy bedrooms with queen-sized beds and two full bathrooms (one en-suite), spacious living/dining area with flat screen and Roku, two sofas, high ceilings, period details, and gleaming cypress floors, fully outfitted and spacious kitchen with coffee maker, dishwasher and microwave, one parking space (and ample street parking), and a washer/dryer.
- 2 blocks to Tipitina's (look it up if you don't know!) - 2 blocks from the start of many Mardi Gras parades - 4 blocks from Magazine (near Le Petite Grocery, HEY! Cafe, and Casamento's) - 3 blocks from Rouse's supermarket Amenities: - High speed WiFi - Monitored security system - 1 off street parking space with plenty of parking on-street - ROKU and flat screen TV (you can watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.) - Fully equipped kitchen with coffee maker, dishwasher, microwave and everything you need to cook - Queen beds throughout, massage shower, modern decoration - Hair dryer, iron, ironing board - Washer and dryer with detergent - All linens, towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner - Easy to get to the Convention Center, Central Business District and French Quarter by car or bus - Front two bedrooms get street noise, which usually dies down by the evening, but can be loud during rush hour. We have some earplugs in each room in case you are a light sleeper. The master bedroom gets little noise. If you require dead silence to sleep, this might not be the house for you.
We aim to be in touch while letting guests do their own thing and enjoy their stay. We are always available via phone/text/email to address any questions or concerns.
Our house is ours, we stay there and our friends and family stay there, and we want to know that it will be taken care of and it, and our neighbors, will be respected. It is important that we feel comfortable renting our house to you, so please, before sending a blank or cut and paste request for information, tell us a little about yourself as well. I'll ask later, anyway.
Southern Decadence Sep 2 - Sep 7, 2015 3 night min stay
My Standard Rate 3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$500
Once reserved, there are no refunds for cancellations made by the renter. Reservations are only confirmed once payment has been received.
Check in: 11am
Check out: 3pm
When there are check-outs and check-ins on the same day, these times are FIRM and you must vacate by 11 or we will charge you a late fee of $200. The house must be cleaned quickly and she needs the full 4 hours between guests.
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
The house is located south of Magazine Street in the Uptown/Lower Garden District neighborhood of East Riverside. It is full of old historic homes and retains its truly unique New Orleans heritage.
For those wanting a leisurely trip to Audubon and the French Quarter, the streetcar is on St. Charles, which is about a 15 minute walk, or 3 minute drive (parking is pretty easy, generally). Or you can go truly local and take the number 11 bus (right across the street) which (theoretically) should take less then 30 minutes. I would recommend renting a car if you will be here awhile, as there is so much to explore, both in and out of the city. Tchoupitoulas is a great way to get to the Quarter, as well as over to Audubon Park. You couldn't be more centrally located for easy access to everything! And since NOLA is not a big city, nothing is really more than 20 minutes away.
- 2 blocks to Tipitina's (look it up if you don't know!)
- 2 blocks from the start of Uptown Mardi Gras parades
- 4 blocks from Magazine (near Le Petite Grocery- lovely!)
- 3 blocks from Rouse's supermarket
- Easy to get to the Convention Center by car or bus
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: We get to NOLA as often as we can to enjoy the food, the people and the weather. We hope you love our house as much as we do.
Why the Owner Chose Garden District: Our house is an example of an indigenous style of architecture, the double shotgun. However, ours has been combined to form a single house but retains its original details- cypress floors, high ceilings, double front doors, corbels and contrasting color scheme.
The Unique Benefits at this House: You get to complement your time in NOLA with a stay in a private home that you get all to yourself.