VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This Penthouse Residence is located on the private top floor of The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe.
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is the first and only AAA Five Diamond mountain hotel in California. Located mid-mountain at Northstar and offering unparalleled luxury, service and convenience during all four seasons, this is a property for those that desire the ultimate getaway or family vacation.
The hotel, built in 2009, features beautiful architecture throughout. Amenities include a 17,000 square foot spa/fitness center, exceptional dining options at Manzanita and the Backyard BBQ, a wonderful children's program, and much more. Located steps away is a seasonal gondola that takes you to the Village at Northstar that features a 9,000 square foot ice skating rink during winter (roller skating during summer), and a variety of dining, entertainment and shopping options.
During the winter season, experience the convenience of ski-in/ski-out luxury in the middle of the mountain at Northstar. Your boots will be waiting for you at the ski concierge, with your ski’s and poles placed for you on the snow so that you can ski directly onto the mountain in moments.
During the summer months, Northstar and the Lake Tahoe area serve as an incredible outdoor family playground. Hike right out the backdoor, or take a 15-minute drive to the Lake where opportunities abound. Two championship golf courses are a short drive away.
This 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom Penthouse features:
• Beautifully appointed accommodations for up to eight guests including two Master Suites, one with a king bed and private bathroom and one with two queen beds and a private bathroom, and one kids room featuring bunk beds and an additional full bathroom.
• The two master bathrooms feature extensive use of granite, two sinks, and feature heated floors and plunge showers.
• Luxury kitchen with granite countertops, Sub Zero refrigerator and wine chiller, Wolf range, oven and convection microwave with second wall mounted Wolf oven, built in Miele espresso machine, Miele dishwasher, purified drinking water dispenser with instant hot water, quiet closing kitchen drawers. The kitchen is fully equipped with appliances including a Kuerig coffee machine with dozens of complementary coffee/tea/hot chocolate pods, Cuisanart blender and toaster, and the comprehensive Ritz-Carlton cookware, dishware, flatware and glassware package.
• Living room/Dining room features beautiful hardwood wood floors, floor to ceiling windows and includes dining for six with additional counter seating for three.
• Premium entertainment package includes: Four flat screen HDTVs, premium cable TV with over 150 channels including HBO, Showtime, ESPN and more, Apple TV with streaming Netflix movies in the living room, and Sonos sound system with over 100,000 radio stations/podcasts/shows available in all three bedrooms, two master bathrooms, and living/dining room (accessible via a free app on an iphone or android device).
• Cordless resort phone in the kitchen connects you to concierge, room service and key hotel amenities. Cordless telephones in all bedrooms feature unlimited free calling in the United States.
• Laundry room with high efficiency washer and dryer.
• This penthouse features twice daily housekeeping every day, including turndown service every evening.
• Access to all resort amenities and services including access to the ski concierge, outdoor heated pool and whirlpool, spa’s relaxation area with sauna, steam room, 24-hour access to the fitness center, 24-hour access to the business center, and more.
Recent resort accolades include: • AAA Five Diamond • 'The World's Best Hotels', Travel+Leisure • 'Top 10 Ski Hotels', Condé Nast Traveler • 'Best Hotels in the USA' & 'Best Hotel in Lake Tahoe', U.S. News “Top 100 Resort Spas in the U.S.”, Condé Nast Traveler
LEGAL NOTICE: * The Ritz-Carlton and The Ritz-Carlton Residences are registered trademarks of the The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. * Copyright 2014 California Realty Services LLC. All rights reserved.
Holiday Ski Weeks Dec 19 - Jan 8, 2015 7 night min stay
Ski Season Jan 9 - Feb 12, 2015 3 night min stay
President's Week Feb 13 - Feb 19, 2015 7 night min stay
Ski Season Feb 20 - Apr 17, 2015 3 night min stay
My Standard Rate 3 night min stay
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
Property Damage Protection$89
Refundable Damage Deposit$2,500
Payment is due at time of reservation. Full refund if cancellations occurs at least 90 days in advance of occupancy. 50% refund if cancellation occurs between 60-89 days prior to occupancy. 25% refund if cancellation occurs 30-59 days prior to occupancy. No refund if cancellation occurs less than 30 days prior to occupancy.
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
About the owner: We're a family of four -- with a mom who appreciates luxury and superior services, a dad who enjoys comfort and convenience, two boys who love to ski during the winter, and everyone who enjoys boating, waterskiing and biking during the summer -- and swimming (and the spa) year round. Plus, we all love marshmellows.
Why the Owner Chose Northstar: We've been lucky enough to travel extensively, and we couldn't find another place anywhere that had the combination of incredible mid-mountain location, luxury, convenience, spa/fitness facilities, dining, service and more.
The Unique Benefits at this Hotel: We can enjoy a relaxing family breakfast in our unit in the morning, ski through lunch during the winter or bike during the summer, enjoy a bite to eat at the the new Backyard BBQ, enjoy spa time in the afternoon, take the gondola to the village for some ice skating (roller skating during the summer) or shopping, enjoy delicious complementary marshmallows and s'mores, let our kids have time in the game room while we have a drink in the lobby bar, and spend the evening playing games or watching a movie together in our unit... all without ever getting in our car.