Gorgeous Year-Round Cabin in Adirondacks, Steps from Beach, 1 Hour to Saratoga
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Caroga Lake house description
The Robin's Nest is designed with you in mind. We've tailored each room, our hospitality and amenities to make your stay as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. We hope that our attention to detail shines through each and every moment of your stay.
Named after its first inhabitants – a momma robin and her babies nesting in the roof’s rafters during the initial phase of the remodel - Robin’s Nest is a gorgeous year-round cabin in the Southern Adirondacks. Affording guests views of West Caroga Lake, this architectural gem was recently lovingly restored with an eye toward preserving its old country charm, while furnishing it with all the benefits and comforts of modern day amenities.
Robin’s Nest features a great room, pool table, bar, wine fridge, a spacious patio, large yard, and rights to a shared, private beach with a private dock on West Caroga Lake. It sleeps 8 people comfortably in three charming bedrooms, and in a pinch, 2 more could sleep on the pullout, queen-sized sofa bed couch in the Great Room.
Completely renovated from the ground up, Robin’s Nest is equipped with all new electrical and plumbing systems, high speed, wireless internet, a 50 inch flat screen TV and state of the art, stainless steel appliances in its gourmet kitchen.
Its detailed woodwork includes gorgeous handcrafted, built-in shelving and drawers, hand-laid pine walls and gun smoke hickory and acacia hardwood flooring throughout, along with a hand-hewn hickory railing for the wooden staircase. Oversized sliding glass doors provide easy access to the side and back yards and patios. When combined with contemporary window walls in the Great Room and multi-paned windows and high ceilings throughout the house, plenty of light floods and warms the house.
The Great Room alone has a multitude of windows, with stunning views of the sun setting over West Caroga Lake daily. Gorgeous copper fans hang from the “cathedral” ceilings in the Great Room and high-powered ceiling fans hang in each bedroom, while cast iron gas stoves in the Great Room and breakfast nook provide an abundance of warmth and comfort during the cold, winter months.
The private, largely fenced in back yard offers two, wooden picnic tables, a gas grill and outdoor fire pit at the foot of the large, flagstone steps, in the center of the stone patio. Adirondack chairs offer places to relax, share stories and gaze at the night sky and stars. Native trees and plants, including crab apple trees, lilac bushes and a black raspberry patch make up the landscape and a private driveway provides for parking for 3 to 4 vehicles.
The Great Room provides something for everyone. Those who want to relax, can curl up with a book in the soft leather recliner or on the large, plush sectional sofa to stare out one of the many windows, watch their favorite movie or sporting event on the 50 inch, flat screen, SMART LG television (with Cable TV, a DVD and VCR player, and high speed wireless internet) or, they might simply watch the fire dance in the cast-iron, gas stove fireplace. Others might shoot a round of pool on the wooden, claw footed, felt-covered pool table, or sip on a drink from the wine fridge, while sitting at the beautiful built –in wood bar (featuring a classic bowling alley lane counter-top) and chatting over the bar with whoever might happen to be standing in the kitchen on the other side.
Robin’s Nest’s kitchen features a downdraft gas stove, refrigerator with ice maker, a dishwasher, country sink basin, and customized, hand-crafted, shabby chic kitchen cabinets and shelving, and a country cupboard that serves as a pantry. The kitchen is well stocked with every item you might find in your own home, and then some. It is fully equipped with a coffee maker, coffee grinder, toaster, blender, teapot and recycling bins.
The dining area’s solid wood table seats 6 to 8 comfortably, and opens up to the backyard and stone patio through the large, sliding glass doors. The breakfast nook seats another 8, if you add the expansion leaf to the table, and looks out on the front-yard through the charming bay window. Attractive glassware and china are found in the antique wooden hutch housed in the dining area and on the kitchen shelving.
The three bedrooms are airy and bright, each offering its own unique charm. All of the rooms have ceiling fans and blinds for maximum control of the light and new, firm mattresses with waterproof, hypoallergenic mattress covers on each. Each bedroom and the upstairs hallway features built-in shelving and drawers.
Every bedroom is furnished with its own antique beds, bedside tables, reading lamps, trunks, dressers, armoires and/or accessories. Each bed is covered with charming, country, shabby chic quilts, organic cotton blankets and pillows of all shapes and sizes. You provide sheets, pillowcases and towels.
The large master bedroom, on the second floor is north facing. It affords guests views of West Caroga Lake out of its large multi-paned window. Centered under high, barn-like ceilings, is a king sized bed, oak end tables, an antique armoire, vintage reading lamps and a large antique trunk at the foot of the bed.
The twin room is also on the second floor, and faces south. It holds a large wooden bunk bed with two twin mattresses and bunkies– one set on the top bunk and one on the bottom. It also has a cast iron day bed, with a twin mattress and bunkie, and a trundle bed underneath, with a twin mattress that can pull out. This room can sleep four comfortably. The twin room has a vintage rocker, reading lamp and table, and an antique, blue and white checkered metal trunk with books and games for all ages.
The queen bedroom, located on the first floor, faces West, and has a queen sized bed, antique furniture and bedside lamps, and a beautiful, old red, barn door.
The queen-sized sofa-bed couch in the Great Room can also sleep 2 extra people in a pinch.
The large, full-sized downstairs bathroom features a rain shower and a tub, toilet, a country sink, faucet and vanity, a chrome mirror and amenities, lantern lights, wooden tile floor and a vintage barn door.
The upstairs bathroom features much of the same, but is a smaller, three-quarter bathroom with a nice-sized shower, vertical subway tile walls and a solid, glass door, a sink and toilet.
About a half of a block away, lies West Caroga Lake (just out the front door, quick right and quick left), and Robin’s Nest deeded rights to a shared private beach with a private dock for sitting, swimming and/or docking your small boat or jet ski. (Kayaks rowboats and canoes may be rented for an additional fee). The waterfront is shallow and hard-bottomed, and swimming is allowed.
Just down Route 10East, at the junction of East and West Caroga Lake is a small marina where you could launch your own small boat or jet ski for a nominal fee, or rent a pontoon boat for a day of fishing or relaxing in the sun.
Outdoor activities span the seasons with swimming, boating, fishing, waterskiing, golfing, hiking, mountain biking, ice fishing, snow shoeing, snowmobiling, downhill and cross-country skiing all available locally.
Essential services, dining and taverns are within walking distance.
Robin’s Nest is a short walk to several other Adirondack Lake House rentals in the event guests need to accommodate larger parties.
Robin’s Nest can accommodate a maximum of 8-10 guests at all times. There is parking for a maximum of 3 to 4 cars.
Sorry NO PETS and NO SMOKING. Robin’s Nest has a NO SHOES policy; please bring slippers or flip-flops for indoor use.
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- The large master bedroom, on the second floor is north facing. It affords guests views of West Caroga Lake out of its large multi-paned window, has cathedral ceilings, a king sized bed, oak end tables, an antique armoire, vintage reading lamps and a large antique trunk at the foot of the bed. The twin room on the second floor faces south and holds a large wooden bunk bed with twin mattresses on the top and bottom bunk. It also has a cast iron day bed, with a twin mattress and a trundle bed underneath, with a twin mattress that can pull out. This room can sleep four. The twin room has a vintage rocker, reading lamp and table, and an antique, blue and white checkered metal trunk with books and games for all ages. The queen bedroom, located on the first floor, faces West, and has a queen sized bed, antique furniture and bedside lamps, and a beautiful, old red, barn door. The queen-sized sofa bed in the Great Room sleeps 2 more in a pinch....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- The large, full-sized downstairs bathroom features a rain shower and a tub, toilet, a country sink, faucet and vanity, a chrome mirror and amenities, lantern lights, wooden tile floor and a vintage barn door. The upstairs bathroom features much of the same, but is a smaller, three-quarter bathroom with a nice-sized shower, vertical subway tile walls and a solid, glass door, a sink and toilet. ...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
Dishes & Utensils:
Fully equipped with everything you might find in your own kitchen to offer you all the comforts of home. Plenty of dish/glassware & china in the antique hutch. Pots & pans for all types of occasions...moreless
A country cupboard serves as a pantry & provides guests with basic supplies. A well-stocked kitchen offers dish/glassware & china, & most types of pots and pan. It is an entertainer & cook's dream!...moreless
Robin’s Nest’s kitchen has a downdraft gas stove, refrigerator w/ice maker, a dishwasher, country sink basin & shabby chic kitchen cabinets and shelving, & country cupboard that serves as a pantry....moreless
The solid wood table seats 6 to 8 comfortably, opening up to the backyard & patio through large sliding glass doors. The breakfast nook seats 8 more. Plenty of dish/glassware in the antique hutch....moreless
- Named after its first inhabitants – a momma robin and her babies nesting in the roof’s rafters during the initial phase of the remodel - Robin’s Nest is a gorgeous year-round cabin in the Southern Adirondacks. Affording guests views of West Caroga Lake, this architectural gem was recently lovingly restored with an eye toward preserving its old country charm, while furnishing it with all the benefits and comforts of modern day amenities. Completely renovated from the ground up, Robin’s Nest is equipped with all new electrical and plumbing systems, high speed, wireless internet, a 50 inch flat screen TV and state of the art, stainless steel appliances in its gourmet kitchen. Events allowed, but only with written permission of owner, completion of applicable paperwork and payment of special event fee(s). ...moreless
- DVD Player:
- Pool Table:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Lake View:
- Water Tubing
- Roller Blading
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Step outside Robin's Nest front door, and the Adirondack mountains and lakes are waiting for you. There are a multitude of outdoor activities literally within walking distance or just a short drive from Robin's Nest. These activities range from swimming, biking, hiking, golfing, kayaking, canoeing, boating, fishing, jet and water skiing in the summer to downhill and cross country skiing, skating, hiking, snow shoeing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, horse riding and more in the winter. The classic Nick Stoner Golf Course, set in the beautiful Adirondacks is just a few minutes up the road, and nearby towns of Gloversville and Johnstown offer a number of other courses for golf enthusiasts. East and West Caroga Lake are a short walk from Robin's Nest. Robin's Nest's guests enjoy a private beach and dock on West Caroga Lake just steps away, and for dining, can take their pick from Vroomans, the local Caroga Lake Coffee Shop or local pizza parlor, which are all within a few minutes walk. Or, guests can venture to The Outlet, just down the street, up to the Pine Lake Lodge or down to Dick & Pegs Westward Inn, a well-known local establishment. Gloversville and Johnstown are about 10 minutes down the mountain, and offer more dining and shopping options. And of course, less than an hour away, are Saratoga Springs, Lake George and Albany waiting to be explored. Guests can enjoy fine dining, shopping, take a ride on the MiniHaha Steam Boat on Lake George, spend a day at a relaxing Saratoga Spa or go to the world famous Saratoga Race Track, Performing Art Center (SPAC) and more. Try some amazing antiquing in Caroga Lake, and in nearby towns of Gloversville, Broadalbin and Canajoharie, or head to Cooperstown for a day at the famous Baseball Hall of Fame. Come and stay with us. Make The Robin's Nest Cottage your home away from home....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Can't wait to go back!
Can't wait to go back!
Had a wonderful stay at the Robin's Nest! A true reprieve from reality! We had all the comforts of home away from home. The perfect backdrop for catching up with family. There was ample space for everyone and we had a full house. Got to enjoy hiking, playing in the snow, shopping and catching up around the fire. Can't wait to go back.
- Guest Paige (Charlotte, NC)
- Date of stay 11/27/13
- Review Submitted 02/14/14
Recommended for: Girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+.
Manager response: Thank you for your kind words Paige. Hope to see you again soon!
Modern yet Rustic
Modern yet Rustic
We stayed recently and had a wonderful stay. This cabin has all the comfort of a highend chalet with rustic appeal of the Adirondacks. We did some hiking, walks by the Lake and really loved being able to come back and cozy up for a movie by a warm fire
- Guest Vic (Charlotte)
- Date of stay 11/27/13
- Review Submitted 02/11/14
Recommended for: Girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+.
Manager response: We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope you visit again :)
Wonderful Stay at this Lovely Adirondack CabinGuest comment entered by manager
Wonderful Stay at this Lovely Adirondack Cabin
We stayed at the Robin's Nest for a week over the Thanksgiving Holiday in November 2013. We absolutely fell in love with it. We hosted 14 people for Thanksgiving Dinner, cooked a delicious turkey dinner in the newly remodeled, gourmet kitchen. There was plenty of dishware/glassware/china and pots and pans to use. The layout of the place is spacious and charming and slept us all very comfortably. We played outside in the snow, warmed our feet by the cozy fire, and took an amazing hike in the snow at Good Luck Lake close by. We went antiquing in Gloversville, to Saratoga for a day of shopping, and to the Cooperstown Hall of Fame with our boys. We cannot recommend The Robin's Nest highly enough and will definitely be back!!
- Guest The Newhouse Family
- Date of stay 11/27/13
- Review Submitted 02/11/14
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 11 - Apr 30, 2014
2 night min stay
May 1 - Oct 31, 2014
2 night min stay
Nov 1 - Jan 11, 2015
2 night min stay
Jan 12 - Apr 30, 2015
2 night min stay
May 1 - Oct 31, 2015
2 night min stay
Nov 1 - Jan 10, 2016
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until confirmed. Events and weddings can be held at this location, but only upon written approval by owner, following completion of applicable paperwork and payment of fees. Please inquire about rates and packages when booking.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $300
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Taxes Not included
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Albany International Airport at 60 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amsterdam Train Station at 30 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Rte 29A and Rte 10 at 500 Metres
- Nearest Beach: Private beach steps away;public & private beaches at 10 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Vroomans at 500 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Royal Moutain at 3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Nick Stoner Golf Course at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Vroomans, Caroga Lake Coffee Shop & pizza parlor at 500 Metres
Year Purchased: 2012
About: We are Mike, Ruthie, Holden and Dylan, and we currently live in Los Angeles, California. Ruthie grew up in Gloversville, NY, which is just down the mountain from Caroga Lake, NY. She has fond memories of camping, swimming, biking, hiking, ice skating, skiing, canoeing, kayaking, boating, dancing, snow mobilng, horse riding and more in Caroga Lake and the surrounding area. When Mike and Ruthie got married in upstate NY, Mike, a Los Angeles native, fell in love with the Adirondacks also. Every year, they - and now their children - spend at least several weeks if not a month in that area during the summer, and several more weeks in the Fall and winter months. After years of looking, they finally decided on the Robin's Nest as their home away from home. They hope you will consider it as your second home too.
Why Caroga Lake:
Having grown up in the Adirondacks, we visit the area, and family and friends several times every year. We have been renting cabins and camps for years, and finally decided to buy our own vacation home a few years ago. After looking for the perfect place for sometime, and having stayed in lake front homes and in the quaint village of Caroga Lake, we decided we wanted to buy something in the village. We bought Robin's Nest in 2012 from long-time Caroga Lake residents who loved Caroga Lake's rustic charm as much as we did. Robin's Nest needed a complete overhall, which we started at the end of 2012. While updating Robin's Nest to provide our family, our friends and our guests all of the comfort of modern day amenities, we very much wanted to maintain its rustic charm and the charm of Caroga Lake. We truly believe we have done just that with Robin's Nest, and since its completion in late 2013, we have shared many a laugh and drink around the fire. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Located in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains in the heart of quaint Caroga Lake, NY, this charming vacation rental is steps from amazing outdoor activities and close to Saratoga Springs, NY. The Robin's Nest is designed with you in mind. We've tailored each room, our hospitality and amenities to make your stay as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. We hope that our attention to detail shines through each and every moment of your stay. We're sticklers for ensuring your stay is the best it can be. That's why we've taken steps to ensure your comfort during your stay. We offer spacious accommodations designed to fit your taste. Each room offers you free access to Wi-Fi since we know you need some of the pleasures from back home. With delicious local fare within walking and driving distant, your taste buds will thank you. Head to Saratoga or Lake George for some shopping, a day at the spa or the very famous Saratoga Race Track, Performing Art Center (SPAC) and more. Try some antiquing in nearby towns of Gloversville, Broadalbin and Canajoharie, or head to Cooperstown for a day at the Baseball Hall of Fame. Play a round of golf at the classic Nick Stoner Golf Course or at one of the many courses in nearby Johnstown, Fonda or Gloversville. And of course, right outside our front door, the Adirondacks offer a multitude of outdoor activities, from swimming, biking, hiking, golfing, boating, fishing, jet and water skiing in the summer to downhill and cross country skiing, skating, hiking, snow shoeing, snowmobiling, ice fishing and more in the winter. If relaxing is more your style, be sure to lounge around the Great Room, reading a good book in front of the fire place or shooting some pool on the claw footed table. Come and stay with us. Make the Robin's Nest Cottage your home away from home.
- Primary: +1 518-835-3500
- Fax: +1 3104960551
View of Great Room from Kitchen Bar
Dining/Breakfast nook with gas stove
Dining room, antique hutch and glimpse into downstairs full bath
Great Room w/comfy sectional and leather recliner, gas stove, 52' flat screen TV
Kitchen with all stainless steel appliances and a downdraft gas oven
Glimpse into downstairs full bathroom
Another angle of the downstairs full bath, country sink & vanity & red barn door
California king in master bedroom
California king size bed in master bedroom and glimpse into hallway to twin room
Upstairs shower with clear glass shower doors and vertical subway tile
View of antique cast iron twin day bed w/twin trundle underneath & twin bunk bed
Cast iron antique, twin day bed w/twin trundle below & twin bunk beds in Twin Rm
Wooden claw foot pool table
View of bar into kitchen and dining room from the Great Room
View of dining/breakfast nook from dining room
Dining Room area with antique hutch, china and dishware
View from Robin's Nest's Master Bedroom Window One Fine Winter Day
One angle of the downstairs full bath
Peak into the master bedroom
Another angle of the California king bed in master bedroom
Upstairs bathroom, & walk-in shower with glass doors
Peak into Queen Bedroom
View of twin oak bunk beds in the Twin Room
Antique chandelier in stairwell
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Tuesday, March 04, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.