VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
World-class Takapuna Sanctuary on the beach but just 10 minutes from Auckland City
As featured in the production of Shania Twain's music video 'When You Kiss Me' https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S88Wit5bNdY
This extraordinary property is one of New Zealand’s most iconic, glamorous and luxurious estates.
Situated right on Takapuna Beach, the 684m2 residence was created as a true lifestyle masterpiece - designed by renowned New Zealand architect Simon Carnachan, the design concept was to simply make it fun to live here. The grounds are reminiscent of a high-end resort, and the golden sands of the beach just through the gate.
The position is towards the quieter, southern end of the beach, capturing sensational views of the entire length and maximising the perfect northerly aspect. Truly unique and a feast for the senses, interiors are a visual symphony - yet while epitomising the utmost in extravagance and opulence, perfectly capture a harmonious relationship with the sea and wonderful family living.
Through the front door, a soaring atrium living room has the smoked glass walkways of the second floor suspended overhead, and feature stacked planter boxes illuminated with vivid blue lights. Steps lead down to the vast formal and informal living and dining and kitchen spaces, which all open out towards the sea. It’s the perfect place for intimate family relaxing. Lots of glass brings the outside in at every turn, and the colour scheme throughout is inspired by the sand, sky and sea.
There are five bedrooms across two levels, all with ensuites, and as well as the spiral glass stairwells, a commercial-grade, ultra-fast lift goes to all three floors. The master suite spans the entire width of the house and is indulgent and incredible. It has an office, lounge, two gas fireplaces, bathroom, dressing room, and opens out to covered decking.
The lowest level is a place to relax and rejuvenate, with a plunge pool and steam room. On the other side, the home theatre is equipped with a full bar and dishwasher, as well as a large, temperature-controlled wine cellar. Access to the garaging is also found down here, and expertly uses space for car parking and storage. Entering from the road, cars are driven onto the Carousel turntable that angles them in for easy parking. One of the very few homes with direct access to the beach.
Outside is a true summer paradise. Rock pools, water features and tropical gardens frame the spa, swimming pool and kid’s paddling pool, and gas flares light up along the back wall. The sunken tiled living area ensures the position is not exposed to the beachfront, and the bathroom and shower, bar, outdoor fireplace, barbeque, pizza oven and fish smoker are everything that’s needed for living and entertaining.
Celebrating prestige, position and an incredible lifestyle, this world-class sanctuary satisfies every whim and desire.
4 Double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms Master bedroom with ensuite spa bath Media room TV lounge Formal lounge Dining Room Kitchen BBQ Pizza Oven Heated Spa Pool Internal car park able to park 4 cars
Spring Special Nov 1 - Nov 30, 2015 3 night min stay
Summer Dec 1 - Dec 31, 2015 3 night min stay
My Standard Rate 3 night min stay
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage DepositNZD2,000
Pricing for occupancy up to 10.
25% deposit & damage security deposit are required to confirm a reservation with the remaining 75% due 30 days before check-in.
Standard method of payment is direct deposits.
Cancellation policy - if cancelled the deposit will be forefeited, excluding the damage security deposit.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.