VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This lovingly restored villa is the last house in the tiny village of Roo situated in the region of Ria de Noia y Muros. Its four large double bedrooms allow for fantastic views of the surrounding hills and mountains and a tempting glimpse of the nearby sea and pristine beaches. Its private garden has its own pool (10m x 5m) and plenty of 'chill out' areas ensuring absolute privacy for sun and siesta time. The Orange, manderine, pear, apple, peach, lemon and fig trees complete the countryside ambiance as the garden disappears into the forest. Its a place for quality family time, for relaxation, for getting away from the hustle and bustle of modern life. This Spain hasn't changed in years, it remains unspoilt by the demands of the tourist industry. The beaches are pristine and spacious occupied only by the locals before and after their siestas. The nearest beach is a five minute drive from the house. Further excursions reveal a truly wonderful coastline adorned with beautiful beaches.
High Season Jun 27 - Jul 17, 2015 7 night min stay
Peak Season Jul 18 - Sep 5, 2015 7 night min stay
Mid Season Sep 6 - Oct 3, 2015 3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
No additional mandatory fees
Last Minute bookings welcomed and discounted.
Long Winter lets = Discounted.
Prices in EUROS and are for Saturday to Saturday from June onwards (this calendar won't allow that function!)
For festivals in the low season (Xmas, New Year, Easter) - We charge a minimum of 250€ per night and a minimum of 3 nights.
We require a 40% deposit to secure the booking. The remaining 60% is due one month before the arrival date.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Noia (10min drive) is a quaint old harbour town where one can enjoy the restaurants and bars and charming evening ambiance long into the night. The cobbled streets and the town square often host fiestas and concerts where every generation gets involved, the young and the old mixing seamlessly. A weekly market of local produce adds to its attraction. To the North of Roo is Muros (20mins) an old fishing town. Here, one can watch the sunset as the boats come in with their catches of the day and stock up on those BBQ necessities. For a longer day trip (30mins) one can visit the medieval city of Santiago de Compostella. Its stunning cathedral is its centrepiece and it is surrounded by cobbled streets, cafes, restaurants, bars and shops. Its vibrant busy atmosphere will make the next day back at the villa all the more relaxing. In the small town of Roo a short walk from the house you will find a couple of bars, supermarkets and restaurants offering traditional Galician food.
Year Purchased: 2005
About: I've always loved travel and especially the beach-life - I still harbor the dream of my own beach property!
Why Santiago de Compostela Area: Originally from London and unable to find a suitable and affordable renovation project in my homeland my partner Maria comes from this region, so we took a holiday here and checked out local properties - they were affordable and close to the wonderful beaches of the Ria de Muros y Noia - before we knew it we had a project on our hands!
The Unique Benefits at this Villa: This house belonged to the village's carpenter but had fallen into disrepair - it stands alone at the top of the hill that presides over the old village of Roo. Stunning vistas and absolute privacy ensure a holiday in tune with the wonderful natural surroundings - peace, tranquility, forests, rivers, beaches and siestas - not complicated!