VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
You'll get more than meets the eye in this home, situated on one of Austin's most beautiful tree-lined streets in upscale Tarrytown. 1940s charm has been updated and expanded to offer a warm, modern family home in the heart of Austin!
A 1940s cottage has been expanded and updated to a 3100sf+ home featuring 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, executive office, large playroom, 2 living, dining and lovely screened porch. Downstairs is open concept and bright with multiple entertaining areas with great flow and natural light galore. A great spot for photo shoots! Downstairs/Main Level you will find a guest bedroom with queen bed, guest bathroom, office with 2 desks, and large, luxurious master suite. The spa-like master bathroom features deep jetted soaking tub and large separate shower. King pillowtop mattress with Belgian linen bedding, organic bamboo sheets and muted colors makes for a peaceful stay. The sweet screened back porch is a great place to start the day with a cup of coffee while you listen to the birds sing. There is a modern, custom designed swing set for the kids. Upstairs there are 2 ample bedrooms, each with an organic queen latex mattress, organic bamboo linens, a full bathroom and a large playroom with TV and DVD player and queen fold-out sofa. Mature oak trees are the view from the multitude of windows, making it feel like a treetop hideaway. Casual yet elegant furnishings have been chosen with the help of a reputed local designer. Clean and well-kept, non-smoking household. Reverse osmosis drinking water filtration system in kitchen.
This short term rental home is licensed by City of Austin and the rate per night includes 6% City of Austin and 8% State of Texas hotel tax as required by law. If you have any questions, please contact me.
Guest Access Guests will have access to the entire home with the exception of a few locked closets where we store personal items. This includes off street parking, wifi, all kitchen appliances, LG front loading washer and dryer, outdoor gas grill, private backyard & organic vegetable garden. Kitchen includes gas Viking stove, All Clad Copper Core cookware, Shun knives, Vitamix, Cuisnart food processor, Juicer +.
Interaction with Guests Guests are greeted upon check in with keys and information. Hosts are available via cell phone/text for the entirety of stay. Cleaning/linen service available - please inquire. Chef service available - please inquire.
The Neighborhood The home is located in sought after Tarrytown, an elegant, quiet, tree-lined quintessential Austin neighborhood. Only a few minute drive to downtown or Lady Bird Lake hike and bike trails. Walking distance to Lyons Golf Course & Lake Austin boat ramp & restaurants - Hula Hut, Mozarts & Abels. There are many parks in the neighborhood including Reed Park and pool, Tarrytown park (great playground and field), Mayfield Preserve - with amazing hiking trails, water lily ponds and peacocks roaming the premises!
Getting around There are bus line drop off/pick ups a few blocks away. Easy bike access to Zilker Park and trails. Cars to Go is another great option. Inexpensive cab/Uber/Lift ride to downtown.
Other Things to Note We have amazing neighbors! Please be respectful of them, especially in the evenings. Generally, that means keeping the noise down. Sometimes that means pouring a glass of wine and chatting on the front porch under the gas lamps.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on the property.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. This property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Do not remove any items from the home.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Do not set or touch the alarm. It will not be set when you arrive. Please leave it that way. If the alarm goes off, please call the homeowner immediately. Austin police charge $200 for false alarms.
10. Please lock all doors upon leaving the property. There are 3 exterior doors.
11. Some doors inside the home will be locked. Please do not try to open them. They contain the owner’s personal belongings.
12. We have a take one/leave one policy with food in the pantry. Coffee and a few snacks will be provided for your stay as well.
13. Please be respectful of our neighbors and do not make excessive noise, especially late at night.
15. No parties.
16. Prior to checking out, please do the following
1.Put all trash in the outside trash can and recycling in the bin.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Let us know what you are interested in and we can make custom recommendations. It's not often you find a true Born and Raised Austinite!!
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: I am a residential real estate agent and my husband is a commercial broker. We have a nerdy love of good real estate. We've moved 4 times in the past few years in order to find this home & neighborhood, where we have felt so fortunate to build our lives and raise our kids.
Jon is a rare, true born and raised Austinite who has a deep knowledge and love for the city. Fair moved here to attend UT and never left. We love the festivals, many restaurants, kayaking on Lady Bird Lake, walking/running on the trails, going to any of the great Farmers Markets, listening to live music...
Why the Owner Chose Tarrytown: This home has a really great balance of cottage charm and modern appeal. People often comment when they come inside that they are surprised that the house is so large as it isn't 'showy' from the street. The floorplan works great with large, open, sun-lit entertaining area, a master retreat and guest room downstairs, and a kid's haven upstairs! The neighborhood is friendly and sweet.
The approach to our home is picturesque- large oak trees bend over the street - it's no surprise there is often a film crew nearby! Tarrytown still has soul. There is an eclectic mix of older cottages and modern new construction... AND it's so close it, we very rarely deal with traffic. It's a great place to call home!
The Unique Benefits at this House: The covered front porch is great for relaxing & watching the neighborhood activity and the screened back porch is a sweet spot for more intimate gatherings.
The master bath is like a spa retreat! Sink into the deep tub with a book and forget all your worries at the end of the day!