VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Looking for a place for your holiday accommodation for your wedding? You travel?
At the heart of Provence, built in the hillside, this charming cottage is part of a private estate (5 units in total), the Coast Range, located directly on the shore north of the Etang de Berre, feet in water. The Etang de Berre is the largest body of salt water in Europe with an opening on the Mediterranean in Martigues, its area is 155 km2! Remember to bring your boards to sail your ships -without any supplément- so you can enjoy this vast inland sea. Other tracks on the edge of the Etang de Berre (sandy) are 3km (at the entrance of Istres, the Romaniquette) and 5km (at the exit of Istres, Ranquet beach), the Mediterranean (Fos Sea-Martigues) is 10-15km.
Children will find something fun, there pond, swimming pool with water slide, trampoline, table tennis, pedalos, etc.
The distance to Istres is 3km. You will find many shops, restaurants, a cinema, a theater, a café-music, etc. Do not miss the Tuesday morning when the market occupies the center, what good time to stroll through the city or enjoy a little black on a beautiful terrace in the sun.
The apartment has stunning views over the Etang de Berre and the fishing village of Saint Chamas, located just 8km 1. by water. You find in the residence: garden furniture, chairs, washing machine, etc. Then in the house: TV, free WIFI, central heating, blankets and quilts, pillows, bath mats.
You can relax on a sun away from the summer crowds, but you can also visit all the riches of Provence that are really close. Alpilles (with Les Baux, Fontvieille, Saint Rémy de Provence, Mouriès) and the Blue Coast (Carry le Rouet, Sausset les Pins, etc.) Are just 20 minutes. In less than an hour you are in the Camargue or in the Luberon. The cities of Arles, Aix en Provence, Marseille and Avignon are 45 and 60 km.
Both stations SNCF Miramas (well connected) and Istres are about 5km. The airport of Marseille-Provence is only 35km unfortunately no bus or dessert Istres Miramas, against by many car rental companies await. ___________________________________________________
Istres has the highest fountain France. The jet of water from the pond of the Olive Tree, located more than 80 meters away, reached a record height of 50 meters. Huge flag liquid, it helps to facilitate the oxygenation of the pond of the Olive Tree.
In 220 acres, the pond of the Olive Tree is located in the heart of town. Its east side is made of rock walls safre and reed beds where birds come to breed. On the opposite bank, a very beautiful ring is fitted. Walkers enjoy a wide variety of parks, lawns, garden, games for children.
The label 'Cities and villages in bloom' is awarded to about 2,600 municipalities with fewer than 200 are 'capped' by 4 Flowers. Since 1997 the city of Istres is part of this list for excellence. Year after year the jury comes to appreciate and evaluate the work of municipalities from two sets of criteria: The plant under the common as trees, shrubs and, of course, the flowering (55% of the final grade). The living environment of the town such as respect for the environment, beautify the built environment, animation actions and the level of participation by the people in flowering (45% of the final grade). ___________________________________________________
Every summer, in July, Istres in this wonderful park Grignan Pavilion, dating from the sixteenth century, several exceptional nights as part of its festival "Les Nuits d'Istres". . ___________________________________________________
The Istréenne bullfighting tradition dates back to the second half of the nineteenth century
The arenas of the Palio. This 'plaza' (inaugurated in 2001), modern architecture follows the evolution of the last Spanish arenas such as San Sebastian, Logrono or Vista Alegre. Istres is one of the most convenient and functional French Ruedos. Its capacity is 2700 seats, covered with 1/4 steps. The color of pink sand barriers 'sagre toro' are also distinguished from other plazas. The bullpen is very functional for Spanish bullfighting as Camargue and 45 meters in diameter trail leaves the possibility of organizing races rejon. Ten lodges welcome razeteurs and artists. Ten offices and two meeting rooms allow associations concerned to work in good conditions. Reception Unsalon with terrace is on the floor. Finally, two surgical supplies are installed and an originally decorated chapel. This equipment built in 2001 on the very spot where ancient arenas were, is also suitable for the organization of outdoor cultural performances. ___________________________________________________
Events and festivals throughout the year:
• March: NAUTICAL FLEA At the port of Heures Claires, visitors come bargain-hunting of marine equipment (hardware, motors, suits, veils, buoys ...) and simple walkers enjoying a beautiful day at the water's edge with a regatta on the pond Berre and sailing baptisms.
• April: OPEN OF ISTRES International Tennis Tournament for Juniors. 9 days young players compete, some of them are ranked in the world ranking ITF, ATP and WTA. The quality of their game announced each year exciting encounters.
• April: RIDING / EUROPEAN CUP CLUB PETER DALE Competition Mounted Games. Several teams of 5 riders from Italy, Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland and France, compete in equestrian games combining the dexterity and speed. Two days of competition in the beautiful Equestrian Center site bordered by pine forest Deven.
• May: HILL CLIMB For thrill seekers! On a very fast and winding route, hundreds of cars and drivers compete on the road Hereafter, lined with beautiful pines and along the Etang de Berre.
• May / June: JUMPING COMPETITIONS OBSTACLE Contest including qualifiers for the championship of France.
• June: FERIA OF ISTRES More than Fest ... A real temporada! Bullfights, bullfight, parades, penas, bandas, concerts ... in the arena and in the city center, animate these long days in the bodegas, guitars and sounds of flamenco. Camargue races and becerradas Istres and Entressen.
• June: MUSIC FESTIVAL The Festival of Music in Istres offers an exceptional variety of groups and musical worlds, allowing everyone to vibrate and travel scene scene with the sound of music from here and elsewhere. Indeed, each year about 400 artists, including 50 groups in 17 podiums for the enjoyment of a public coming from more and more.
• June: MEDIEVAL FESTIVAL OF ST JEAN On this occasion, the old medieval center is adorned with banners and ornaments to welcome good people of the town and visitors for a night around beautiful music, jugglers, fire eaters, medieval taverns and a parade with over 300 participants knights, ribald, musical troupes, acrobats ...
• END June / Early July: WATER FESTIVAL Many activities on the theme of water will take place around the ponds. Exhibitions, guided tours to discover the sources and fountains.
• July & August: CHAMPIONSHIP PROVENCE JOUSTS Society tilters Istréens several times champion of France, holds an annual championship on the pond of the Olive Tree. Jousters face, each on their boat, they compete address, balance and strength not to grow water.
• 13 July: FESTIVAL July 14 Parade, fireworks display over the lake of Olivier and illuminating the sky and water, ball, are scheduled for National Day.
• July-August: SUMMER QUARTER CINE Friday, the fate of the movie theaters to settle under the stars. A varied program is presented in various places in the city.
• August: FESTIVAL OF ISTRES AND Novillada 5 days many events succeed. It is the variety of the shows that made the richness of this traditional votive festival. Street music, parades, waiters race, concerts, street theater, beauty contests Istres, pyrosymphonie show in the pond of Olivier, Novillada, Jousting, Camargue races and carnival
. • October: LIVING BIRD and nature Bird Stands, reptiles, fish, farm animals, minerals, mounted insects, craft stalls.
• November: FAIR WINE & GASTRONOMY Many exhibitors come from all over France to make their specialties. Tasting, sale of wines, champagnes, meats, cheeses, shellfish, etc..
• December: LARGE FESTIVAL OF SHEPHERDS A hymn to the traditions and Provence, the tribute of a town pastoralism ... A week of celebration and unmissable: craft fair, demonstration of sheepdog work sheep, "Messo in lengo nostro" folklore show, vigil parade of transhumance in the city center, with 3,000 sheep, shepherds, herdsmen, folk groups, goats, donkeys and carreto ramado, coupled with draft horses.
Built in the hillside, this apartment with white walls plastered and wood, offers a rustic and pleasant. The apartment (60m2) is suitable for up to 6 people.
You enter a hallway with a room to your left with 2 single beds (90x190cm) and opposite the bathroom with bath and shower, sink and toilet.
A staircase leads to the first floor is the living room with 2 single beds (90x190cm), a bedroom with a bed for 2 people (140x190cm) and the kitchen-dining room with a large fridge, microwave and hob with 4 burners (gas).
The windows open onto a terrace - with garden furniture and small barbecue - where you will be able to enjoy to enjoy a glass of wine while enjoying a magnificent view of the Etang de Berre....moreless
At your disposal:
Pool, table tennis, trampoline, bowling, board games, small paddle boat, etc ...
Garden furniture, chairs, etc.
TV, free WIFI, air conditioning / heating, duvets, pillows, bath mats.
Lives on site, I am of course at your service throughout your stay.
Carmen de Waal...moreless
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
The apartment is part of a lovely family residence, feet in the water north of the Etang de Berre, and has stunning views over the Etang de Berre and the fishing village of Saint Chamas, located 1. only 8km as the crow flies.
Beaches (sand) from the edge of the Etang de Berre are 3-5km, other beaches along the Mediterranean (Fos sur Mer-Martigues) are 10-15km.
Alpilles (with Les Baux, Fontvieille, Saint Rémy de Provence ..) and the Blue Coast (Carry le Rouet, Sausset les Pins ..) are just 20 minutes.
In less than an hour you are in the Camargue or in the Luberon.
The cities of Arles, Aix en Provence, Marseille and Avignon are close (45 and 60 km).
Both stations SNCF Miramas (well connected) and Istres are about 5km.
The airport of Marseille-Provence is only 35km.
Golf: Several golf courses nearby: Golf Club Miramas is 5 minutes - Golf Servanes (Mouries) and golf Baux de Provence are 20 minutes!