Lake Michigan Beachfront Home - Miles of Beach & Incredible Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Manistee house description
Just South of Manistee, West Michigan, 20 miles North of Ludington
Accommodations: Home, 2 bedrooms & pull out sofa bed, 2 full baths (sleeps 6)
Overview: Enjoy the best of both Up North woods and the scenic beauty of our sandy Lake Michigan beach. Our home is situated on a wonderfully forested 1.5 acre property and sits on a low bluff overlooking Lake Michigan, with 100 feet of our privately owned beach. Our unique completely cedar home sits extremely close to the lake with unparalleled views of Lake Michigan from the cathedral ceiling great room, kitchen, screened in porch as well as from the master bedroom. Our home has been extensively renovated this year and features absolutely beautiful new furniture and pillow top beds.
Gourmet Kitchen: Fully equipped and completely remodeled gourmet kitchen has wonderful lake views and includes the latest in stainless steel appliances with walk-in pantry/laundry room.
Interior Description: • Great Room & New Game Room: Both have cathedral ceilings and huge glass expanse overlooking Lake Michigan. Breathtaking views.
• Sun Porch: Features Lloyd Flanders Wicker Furniture.
• Bedrooms: Master bedroom offers queen-sized Westin Heavenly Pillow Top Bed. Spectacular views of Lake Michigan. Guest room, with its own private full bath, features two pillow top double beds, TV and its own gorgeous wooded views. Great Room offers comfortable queen-sized sleeper sofa.
• Deck: 14 by 42 feet step down deck.
Amenities: Wicker and Rattan furniture throughout, incredible patio furniture, benches and seating areas throughout property, teak furniture at beach & at fire pit, hammock, gas grill, PlayStation2, new large flat panel plasma TV, DVD player, VCR, stereo, CD player, cable television (3 tvs), high speed internet, MAC laptop computer, telephone with free long distance service, full kitchen, microwave, dishwasher, gas cook stove/electric oven, all cooking/eating utensils, washer/dryer, central heating and air conditioning, sun porch, walk-in pantry/laundry. All linens & bath towels included.
Activities: • Watch for the bald eagle, hummingbirds, swans and butterflies that all frequent our beach.
• Explore the City of Manistee with its historic buildings, Victorian homes, river walk, marina facility and two beaches.
• Visit area lighthouses in Manistee, Point Betsie, Ludington & Frankfurt.
• Hike, bike and explore nearby Manistee National Forest & the Lake Bluff Audubon Society.
• Canoe and kayak the Manistee and Pine Rivers.
• Great shopping, restaurants and ice cream shops.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Low Allergen Environment
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- A gorgeous additional family room/game room has been added in 2007 which has a large Plasma Screen TV with a VCR/DVD player and all new carpet and new rattan furnishings. This room has a game table which seats 4 and a comfortable sofa and two winged-back chairs. This room is private and has beautiful Lake Michigan views....moreless
- CD Player
- Audio Tape Player
- Books For Adults
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Video Game Console
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Water Parks
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
local services and businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
sports and adventure activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hunting Big Game
- Hunting Small Game
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Dining Area
- Broadband Access
- Free Long Distance
- Living Room
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Macintosh Computer
- Towels Provided
- Wireless Internet
- Computer Available
- Wood Stove
- Alarm Clock
- Ceiling Fans
- Water Cooler
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Local Activities Guide
- Paper Towels
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Toilet Paper
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Sofa Bed
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Grinder
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Ski & Snowboard
- Beach Chairs
- Wood Deck
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
ReviewsWrite a review
Peaceful and Tranquil.....
Peaceful and Tranquil.....
Peaceful and tranquil are two words that describes this home. My two children and I absolutely loved our vacation here! My 8 year old son and 11 year old daughter still talk about how beautiful the sunsets were each night! This home had top of the line appliances and had everything you could possibly need to make your stay enjoyable! I hope to go back there soon!
- Guest Diane (Chicago Suburb)
- Date of stay 07/14/12
- Review Submitted 12/02/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
Another great stay
Another great stay
Another great year with lots of sunshine. We really enjoyed the fabulous sunsets from the deck! The view of the lake from the house is so relaxing and beautiful! We will be back again next year for some more R&R. It was very much needed and we couldn't imagine a nicer place to stay! Thanks for letting us enjoy your lovely home.
- Guest Dr. Dave & Judy (Michigan)
- Date of stay 08/16/08
- Review Submitted 02/22/09
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 7 - Sep 27, 2014
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Not included
$300 Security Deposit
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Manistee Airport at 10 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Ludington-Milwaukee Ferry at 20 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Bungalow Restaurant & Bar at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Crystal Mountain at 40 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Manistee National Golf Course at 10 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Bungalow Restaurant & Bar at 5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: My name is Sandy for a reason! I live at the beach from sunrise to sunset!!
Why the Owner Chose Manistee:
We searched for 6 years before we found this property. We chose this home for its spectacular views of Lake Michigan, its close proximity to the water's edge, and for the five mile, uninhabited, pristine, curvy beach. It doesn't get any better than this!
- Primary: +1 5173496037
- Secondary: +1 517 862-4619
Our teak chairs at the beach.
View of lake from our great room.
View from our deck.
Great room with many viewing windows.
Sunroom (has great views of Lake Michigan)
View of our expansive beach facing North
Our beach facing South
Our beach facing North
View facing South at sunset
Enjoying a sunset
The ultimate sunset shown with our chairs at the beach
Deck with gorgeous patio furniture.
View of our beach facing North
Your vacation home away from home.
Dining room & kitchen.
New Game Room with expansive lake views
View of our home from beach.
Comfortable chairs at our beach
View of our home and the observation deck (to the right) from the beach.
View from observation deck
Fun in the waves!
Surreal sunset seen from our deck
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.