Kingman's Reef - Private Beachfront Home on Lake Michigan
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Manistee house description
* Overview: Enjoy the best of both Up North woods and the scenic beauty of our sandy Lake Michigan beach. Our home is situated on a wonderfully forested, one and a half acre property and sits on a low bluff overlooking Lake Michigan, with 100 feet of our privately owned beach. Our unique completely cedar home sits extremely close to the lake with unparalleled views of Lake Michigan from the cathedral ceiling great room, kitchen, screened-in porch, as well as from the master bedroom. Our home has been extensively renovated this year and features absolutely beautiful new furniture and pillow-top beds.
* Gourmet Kitchen: Fully-equipped and completely remodeled, gourmet kitchen has wonderful lake views and includes the latest in stainless steel appliances with walk-in pantry, laundry room.
* Great Room: The completely remodeled and refurnished great room has high cathedral ceilings and a huge glass expanse overlooking Lake Michigan. Take in the breathtaking views from this fabulously appointed great room.
* Sun Porch: Get away from it all. The quaint sun porch features Lloyd Flanders Wicker loveseat and rockers. This porch is wonderful for curling up and reading a good book with your lemonade.
* Master Bedroom and Guestroom: The master bedroom offers a queen-size, world renowned, Westin Heavenly Pillow-Top Bed. Sleep peacefully while listening to the waves gently lapping at the beach. Wake up to the spectacular views of Lake Michigan. The guestroom, with its own private full bath, features two pillow-top double beds, TV, and its own gorgeous wooded views. Also, the great room offers an extremely comfortable queen-size sleeper sofa.
* Deck and Campfire Area: Our home offers a 14 by 42 feet step down deck with no railings to obstruct your view. Enjoy your dinners on our lavish outdoor furniture while watching the evening sunsets. As night falls on Lake Michigan, finish your day over a campfire on the beach. Roast your marshmallows while sitting on comfortable teak adirondack chairs.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (2), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Wood Stove
- Washing Machine
- All New Lane Wicker & Rattan Furniture throughout, Incredible Patio Furniture, Benches and Seating Areas throughout Property, Teak Furniture at Beach & at Firepit, Hammock, BBQ Gas Grill, Vermont Castings Freestanding Fireplace, PlayStation 2, Cable Television (2 TVs), DSL High Speed Internet, 2005 iBook G4 Laptop Computer, Telephone with Long Distance Service, Refrigerator with Ice Maker, Ultra-Quiet Dishwasher, Gas Cookstove/Electric Oven, All Cooking & Eating Utensils, Sun Porch, Large Sundeck, Walk-in Pantry & Laundry, All Linens & Bath Towels Included, No Smoking & No Pets Please...moreless
- Free Long Distance
- Computer Available
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Wildlife Viewing
- Live Theater
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- On Lake Michigan, Walk for miles on the Beach, Bring your golf clubs, Our area offers some fabulous golf courses, such as Arcadia Bluffs, Manistee National, Hearthland, County Highlands, Bear Lake, Hemlock & Manistee Country Club, Shop & explore the City of Manistee with its historic buildings, Victorian homes, riverwalk, marina facility & two great beaches, Travel a short distance South to Ludington & Pentwater for other towns to explore, Visit area lighthouses in Manistee, Point Betsie, Ludington & Frankfurt, Hike, bike & explore nearby Manistee National Forest, Orchard Beach State Park & the Lake Bluff Audubon Society, Canoe & kayak the Manistee & Pine Rivers, Ride on the Silver Lake Dunes at Mac Woods Dune Rides or go hiking on the dunes at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Peaceful and Tranquil.....
Peaceful and Tranquil.....
Peaceful and tranquil are two words that describes this home. My two children and I absolutely loved our vacation here! My 8 year old son and 11 year old daughter still talk about how beautiful the sunsets were each night! This home had top of the line appliances and had everything you could possibly need to make your stay enjoyable! I hope to go back there soon!
- Guest Diane (Chicago Suburb)
- Date of stay 07/14/12
- Review Submitted 12/02/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
Another great stay
Another great stay
Another great year with lots of sunshine. We really enjoyed the fabulous sunsets from the deck! The view of the lake from the house is so relaxing and beautiful! We will be back again next year for some more R&R. It was very much needed and we couldn't imagine a nicer place to stay! Thanks for letting us enjoy your lovely home.
- Guest Dr. Dave & Judy (Michigan)
- Date of stay 08/16/08
- Review Submitted 02/22/09
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
June through September 2013 .. $2995/week. Weekly Rentals Only. Rental Weeks Run from Saturday to Saturday with Check-in at 3 pm & Check-out at 10 am. Half the Rental Fee, Plus a $300 Security Deposit, are Due upon Reservation, with the Balance Due 30 Days Before your Week. Maximum Occupancy is 6 People. Please No Pets & No Smoking.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: My name is Sandy for a reason! I live at the beach from sunrise to sunset!!
Why the Owner Chose Manistee:
We chose this location for its spectacular views of Lake Michigan, its close proximity to the water's edge, and for the five mile, uninhabited, pristine beach. It doesn't get any better than this!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Location is great for swimming because of the water's sandy floor and gently graduating depths. Also, wildlife abounds, such as bald eagle, hummingbirds, butterflies, birds and deer.
- Primary: +1 5173496037
Your Vacation Home Away from Home
View at Beach Looking North
Sunset Shot Taken from Deck
View From Deck
View at Beach Looking South
Pines on Property
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2005.
Date last modified - Thursday, September 19, 2013