Exceptional Houses on Private Gated Estate - Calachiesa
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Perugia villa description
Discovered and acquired in 2000, the five ruins on the Castello delle Racchiusole Estate have been meticulously restored using only traditional materials, but definitely with 21st century facilities. More then 700m altitude, but only 1.5km from a tarmac road; once through the gates, you are in another world. Five houses in nearly 300 acres and each with breathtaking views across the Umbrian Hills towards the Appenines. All bedroom have ensuite bathrooms. Separate media areas. Fully kitted out professional kitchens and covered porticos for alfresco dining - cooks possible. Both the available houses have over-sized private pools and there is an exquisite Astroturf tennis court. Plentiful markets in nearby towns to replenish the larders with the most delicious local produce, which can also be enjoyed at endless trattorias nearby.
Calachiesa: Perugia Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 62237ha
Old stone and chestnut beams give a year round welcoming warmth [aided by underfloor heating in winter]. Large sitting room with open fireplace linked through arches to separate dining room. Both have doors to outside portico and terraces. Professional kitchen fully equipped to chef's standards. Dedicated laundry. Media area and library. Four double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms in main house and another double+plus in adjacent self contained Granaio cottage. The Granaio has its own sitting room, kitchen and bathroom. The whole place is furnished and equipped to please discerning guests. Outside are mature gardens, terraces, seating areas and barbecue. Stone steps lead down to the 12m x 6m pool with easy access to the shallow end and diving depth at the other. The water is mineral water to reduce the need for chlorine. A short walk along a leafy lane leads to the AstroTurf tennis court, which some semi-pro guests described as being in one of the most stunning settings in the world.
- Vacation Rental
- Private Chef
- Daily Maid Service
- Low Allergen Environment
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- All the bedrooms are ensuite, with fully tiled bathrooms and beautiful soft furnishings. The duvets and pillows are fine goose down and bedlinen is Egyptian cotton. Towels, including pool towels, and dressing gowns are provided and changed each week. Bedrooms 1 and 2 have separate dressing areas, all have ample drawer and hanging space with lots of coat hangers! Bedroom 3 has a queen sized bed as well as a very comfortable small sofa bed which is ideal for a small child sharing with parents.. The Graniao can also be made up as two large singles. Mattresses throughout are good quality. On arrival there will be fine soaps and shower gels in each room. All room have wonderful views, either down towards the valley or across the gardens - some both!...moreless
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
- All bathrooms are fully tiled in coordinated colours, with walk in showers. Bathrooms 1 and 3 have double wash basins. There is ample drawer and shelf space for toiletries and so on. Well lit and plenty of large mirrors, toothbrush holders, soap dishes, towel rails ( heated in winter) and hanging facilities....moreless
- Fully stocked larder, plus Welcome Basket of meats, cheese, bread, milk, yogurt, fruit, wine, champagne, beer, soft drinks. Maids come in twice a week; bed linen changed weekly. Gardeners/pool maintenance every other day. Maintained vegetable garden for guest use. Cooks available. Airport transfers can be arranged. Riding and golf nearby....moreless
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- CD Player
- Video Player
- Books For Kids
- Satellite / Cable
- Books - Fiction / Non-Fiction
- Pool Table
- Ping Pong Table
- Game Room
- Away From It All
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
- Theme Parks
- Bird Watching
- Horse Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
local services and businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Centre
- Medical Services
sports and adventure activities
- Mountain Biking
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Linens Provided
- Toilet Paper
- Local Activities Guide
- Ceiling Fans
- Basic Soaps
- Iron & Board
- Paper Towels
- Hair Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Local Maps
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- 4 Ring Stove
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Beach Towels
- Tennis Court
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
Bravo to you allGuest comment entered by owner
Bravo to you all
Great house, tremendous views, good food and dear friends combined for a terrrific holiday. Small touches, like fresh lillies and thoughtful provisioning made everything so easy and elegant. Of course the icing on the cake was our 'butler'
- Guest Poe and John Maine U.S.A
- Date of stay 08/22/10
- Review Submitted 03/29/11
Many thanksGuest comment entered by owner
WOW! After and interesting journey here, what a treasure we found at the end of our hunt. This magical place far exceeded our greatest expectations, how could you not enjoy a stay at Calachiesa! Thankyou so much to Ann, Tony and Kimberleigh for your generous hospitality as well as your fabulous recommendations fir chefs and tours. We all hope to return again soon.
- Guest Bec, Mike, Tim, Auz, Chis, Michelle, Melbourne Aus
- Date of stay 09/09/10
- Review Submitted 03/29/11
Our family spent a week at this beautiful villa in August. The views were spectacular and the home was well equipped with everything needed for a luxury getaway. Whether you want to visit the many nearby villages for architecture or shopping, or you're looking to dine out at some fabulous local restaurants or you just want to sit and relax by the pool - this house had it all. The professional kitchen even inspired us to try our hand at cooking some of our own meals, although we did have a local chef come in and cook for us one night. This is something we would highly recommend. Adding to our experience was fantastic customer service from Tony and Ann. They attended to all of our needs including great restaurant recommendations and general knowledge that enhanced our overall vacation experience. They truly made our first visit to Italy a very memorable one. I have already recommended this property to several people looking for a relaxing week in the italian countryside.
- Guest Barry (Burlington, Ontario, Canada)
- Date of stay 08/23/10
- Review Submitted 10/28/10
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children.
Christmas, New Year and Easter prices on application.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Perugia, Ancona, Rome, Pisa Florence at 40 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Perugia at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: E45 at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Pantano at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Antognolla at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Actually on the estate at 3 Kilometres
Why the Owner Chose Perugia:
This is a perfect house for a large family, or two families to share. Two large doubles and room for at least 6 children.
- Primary: +39 (0)333 3605322 Anytime
- Secondary: +39 (0)334 3034576
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Pool side Calachiesa
Calachiesa Main bedroom
Calachiesa views towards Appenines
Master Bedroom at Scopetaccio
Life at Racchiusole!
Blue bedroom Calachiesa
And, yes it does snow!
Chilldren friendly pool at Scopetaccio
Dining room at Scopetaccio
Children's room Scopetaccio
Twin bedroom Calachiesa
Teepee and games area
A great family hike
Hunters and gatherers
5 Bedroom / 5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.