3 "Lakeside" Ottawa Upscale "Adult Lifestyle" Cottages
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ottawa cottage description
LOCATION: Ottawa/Gatineau Region, (1 hr Ottawa; 45 mins Gatineau; 2hrs Mont Tremblant; 3hrs Montreal; 5hrs Toronto)
“LAKESIDE COTTAGES” are 3 DIFFERENT "ADULT RETREATS” as follows:
1. COZY COTAGE: is about 700 sq ft and has 1 Queen bedroom; an upstairs loft with a double and single bed. There is a hideaway bed in the living room too. Cozy Cottage has been best described by guests as being “the perfect balance of rustic with the necessary comforts and conveniences”. It’s quality, comfy, cozy, well maintained and very clean. This cottage is for those discriminating guests, usually professional couples, who prefer a more “cottagey” experience without the city-home dishwasher, Jacuzzi, etc. Cozy cottage has 2 large decks overlooking the lake & a canopied dining area.
Weekly pricing for 2 persons is CAD $1000 all inclusive. Additional guests, staying for the entire week, would be an additional $150 each. High season minimum rentals are “weekly”: 5 PM Fri – 10 AM Fri. Special considerations for last-minute vacancies.
2. SAHARA-SAHEL: is about 1000 sq ft and has 2++ bedrooms (1 queen + 1 double). While still very comfy and “cottagey”, it is upscale, exotic African, in theme and quality throughout. An excellent value, Sahara-Sahel is "amongst the uniquely nicest getaways in the Ottawa/Gatineau region". Both inside, and the outside (the gardens & very nearby wide expanse of lake), are huge “wow” factors. Weekly pricing for 2 persons is CAD $1150 all inclusive. Additional guests, staying for the entire week, would be an additional $167 each. High season minimum rentals are “weekly”: 5 PM Fri – 10 AM Fri. Special considerations for last-minute vacancies.
3. AFRICAN DREAM CATCHER: is Sahara-Sahel X 10. We advertise it as very likely being "the nicest African theme cottage in all of Canada?"; maybe in the US too? The Great Room, with 28' beamed ceilings, was a 2-page “Great Spaces” photo feature in the June 2009 issue of “Ottawa Magazine”. Every square inch of African Dream Catcher is awe inspiring, charming, and unforgettable. It has 4 bedrooms with a possibility of 2 more.
Weekly pricing for 4 persons is CAD $3000. Additional guests, staying for the entire week, would be an additional $640 each. High season minimum rentals are “weekly”: 5 PM Fri – 10 AM Fri. Special considerations for last-minute vacancies.
RESTRICTIONS: LakeSide Cottages are ADULT RETREATS.
We respectfully target a niche market of responsible clientele WITHOUT PETS, NO CHILDEN, NO PARTIES, AND NO SMOKING INSIDE. We learned a long time ago that a successful business simply cannot be all-things-to-all-people. Thank you for your understanding.
QUIET LAKE: "LakeSide Cottages" are "showcase beautiful" waterfront settings on a very quiet larger lake (7 KM X .75 KM). Approximately 65% of the shoreline is undeveloped and will remain so. Across the lake is the uninhabited Papineau-Labelle Park. You can look out with binoculars and not see anyone with binoculars looking back at you ?.
OTTAWA TOURISM: "LakeSide" is one hour from Canada's beautiful capital city "Ottawa," including its host of museums, galleries, festivals, etc. Click on "Ottawa Tourism" in the “Links to More Information" section below.
WHAT WE PROVIDE/WHAT TO BRING: "LakeSide Cottages" are logistically simple getaways. You need only bring a suitcase, food, and items of personal interest, i.e. books, golf clubs, etc. (Absolutely?) everything is provided, and much more in very good quality.
SPECIAL OCCASION GETAWAYS: "LakeSide Cottages" are almost certainly amongst the nicest by far in the greater Ottawa/Gatineau region. We’ve hosted many proposals, honeymoons, anniversaries, and simple romantic getaways. We’ve proudly hosted our first very small wedding last year and it was perfect! We can help with difficult arrangements.
OTHER SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS: In no specific order, we’ve seemed to have garnered the “returning” interest of bird watchers, busy execs & business people, gardeners, musicians, star gazers, teachers & profs, and writers & poets. Also, very busy people simply needing to unwind, relax, and rejuvenate – quality time in a quality setting.
MEDIA FEATURES: The African Dream Catcher great-room was a 2-page “Great Spaces” photo spread in the June 2009 issue of the upscale “Ottawa Magazine”. LakeSide Cottages, primarily featuring African Dream Catcher, was the most prominent in a summer 2008 Ottawa Citizen Newspaper story on “How To Find A Cottage On The Internet”.
MORE INFO & PHOTOS & AVAILABILITY CALENDARS: Additional information about “Cozy Cottage”, “Sahara-Sahel”, & “African Dream Catcher’, is located on each cottage home page of our personal “LakeSideOttawa” web site. To indirectly get to it, click on “For More Information & Photos” in the “Links to More Information" section of this VRBO ad (below).
GUARANTEE: LakeSide Cottages specializes in quietness and privacy for rest, relaxation and rejuvenation (even inspiration) in quality, clean “cottagey” settings. We guarantee that our web site, and what we tell you in our email correspondence, is not misleading. You will find our getaways as nice, if not much nicer, than your highest expectations. In the highly unlikely circumstance that we have not lived up to our advertising, and your expectations, and if we cannot favourably resolve a reasonable issue, we will make reasonable amends to our mutual satisfaction. For example, we don't guarantee the weather but we do guarantee our quality and your privacy and very reasonable quietness. No one has ever been disappointed to date, and usually 75% of our High Season rentals are return visitors from the year before, and in many cases, year after year after year before that. We think that speaks volumes about our cottage getaways and our attention to detail.
Keywords: Cottage, chalet, cabin
- Vacation Rental
Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
We advertise ourselves as being an "Adult Serenity" Getaway. Unforgetable paradises for solitude, quietness, privacy - to get away from the rush of city and business life. Very infrequently, we've made an exception for a quiet older child (young teen) and it worked out just fine. ...moreless
- Pets Not Allowed
- Not Suitable For Children
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 6-10
- Queen size Beds (1) 2 Queen-size in "African Dream Catcher".
1 Queen-size in "Sahara-Sahel".
1 Queen-size in "Cozy Cottage"., Double Beds (1) 2 double-size in "African Dream Catcher".
1 double-size in "Sahara-Sahel".
, Twin or Single Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Extra private bedrooms available for all 3 cottage getaways....moreless
Bathrooms: 3.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Air Conditioning:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Wood Stove:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Absolutely(?) everythjing is provided in very good quality for a logistically simple getaway. No Pets, No Lively Parties, No Children please. We guarantee what we advertise and will make reasonable mutually agreeable ammends in the highly unlikely chance that our advertising does not live up to your expectations. About 70% of our guests are return renters from the previous year, and in many cases, year after year before that. We think that speaks volumes about our getaways and oure attention to detail. See our "lakesideottawa" web page for more details and photos of all 3 getaways. ...moreless
- CD Player
Satellite internet at 1 MPS. Fast enough for normal asnd un limited internet. However, not fast enough for streaming & our expensive service only allows for 1 hour of streaming. If exceeded, our internet is automatically cut off for 24 hours. What-to-do?...moreless
- Mobile Phone:
- Wireless Internet:
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub:
African Dream Catcher has about >1000 sq ft (111 sqm) of wrap-around balconies - some covered. Sahara-Sahel has about 625 sq ft of covered patio. Cozy Cottage has about 250 sq ft of patio - covered dining area....moreless
- Deck / Patio
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Cross Country Skiing
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Sahara-Sahel .. $ 1150/week (two people). Cozy Cottage .. $ 1000/week (two people). African Dream Catcher .. $3300/week (four people). During High Season - One-Week Minimum. Rates are in Canadian Dollars.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Cozy Cottage Living Room
Sahara-Sahel Living Room
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2005.
Date last modified - Saturday, July 06, 2013