Central Eixample 2 BR Apartment Next to Plaza Catalunya
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Eixample apartment description
Where modern meets classical to exciting effect
Ah, The Walden Apartment... Warm, welcoming tones. A unique mix of classical and contemporary styles. The luxurious details. Doesn't this gem right in the middle of Barcelona make you want to just pack up your things and check in right away?
This 85 sq metres (915 sq ft), two bedroom, one bathroom apartment is one of the eight apartments in the newly renovated Modernista (Art Nouveau) building just off Placa de Catalunya, making this a perfect location for either high fashion shopping and architecture gazing in the Eixample district to the north and boutique shopping and bar hopping in the Gothic Quarter to the south.
No matter from which angle you look, the Walden Apartment wins you over with its individuality and class. Its warm greys, olive, beige and brown hues combine wonderfully well with the exposed brick walls in the living. Bold white accents and shiny surfaces give the place its exciting, fresh atmosphere.
But most of all it's the combination of classical furnishings and contemporary pieces that stands out in the Walden Apartment. Like the vintage leather pouffe next to the sleek side table in the living room, which also features two vases inspired by Chinese half vases.
In the sensational bay window that overlooks Ronda Universidad and Placa Catalunya, the Louis XV chairs work wonderfully well with the lacquered olive green tables. A great place for relaxing and taking in the vibe of the city. All windows have double glazing, so you can shut the sounds of city life out whenever you want.
The French balconies, the bay window and the sliding doors that separate it from the living room are all original and have been carefully restored. They provide a nice contrast with the smooth grey ceramic tiles on the floor.
In the dining area, the elegant chairs complement the white matt lacquered dining table designed by Roberto Barbieri for Poliform. The open kitchen in dramatic dark grey hues and dark wood cabinet doors is fully equipped with all the state of the art appliances you need to turn your Mediterranean culinary endeavours into a success.
Both bedrooms have original French windows opening to small balconies. One of the bedrooms has a gorgeous kingsize four poster bed. The bed in the other bedroom can be converted into either a seamless kingsize bed or two singles. Both are decked out in crisp white embroidered linen and there is a selection of firm and soft pillows for all sleepers.
In the bathroom, the clever colour combinations continue with the anthracite hues in the entrance and the white tiles in the shower area. The bathroom has a luxurious shower designed to refresh you instantly after a long day of exploring the city. And when you wrap yourself in one of the thick, fluffy towels, you will truly feel enveloped in classy luxury.
The apartment has:
- a livingroom with a baywindow with city views
- a bedroom with a 4-poster kingsize bed with a Swiss made matress, french windows and a small balcony
- another bedroom with either a kingsize bed or 2 twins, french windows and a small balcony
- a dining area, next to the open kitchen
- a fully equipped kitchen with high quality appliances i.e. a fridge, a dishwasher, microwave/oven, induction cooking plates, a toaster, a coffeemaker, a juice machine, a blender, herbs, spices, oil, vinegar, etc.
- a bathroom with a shower, a toilet, and a washbasin
- linen, fluffy towels and a hair dryer
- soft (gooseneck feathers) and firm (anti allergy) pillows
- a laundry room with a washing machine, a dryer and an iron and board
- a 32" screen satellite TV, a CD/DVD player + a collection of DVD's and CD's
- airconditioning and heating system
- WIFI / ADSL internet connection (bring your own computer)
- a phone line from which you can make local calls and receive calls worldwide
- the building has a doorlady during office hours
- the apartment is on the 3rd floor, the building has an elevator
Close to the apartment, you will find:
- Plaça Catalunya, Barcelona's central square with warehouses such as El Corte Inles, FNAC, Habitat, etc.
- Plaça Universitat, with the old university designed by architect Elies Rogent.
- The Universitat Gardens, a quiet haven in the heart of the city. Sundays the entrance is on c/Diputación.
- Las Ramblas, Barcelona's most famous avenue
- La Boqueria, a spectacular indoor food market on las Ramblas
- the Modernist theatre and concert hall Palau de la Musica and the Liceu opera house
- the picturesque Plaça del Pi in the heart of Barri Gotic, with a frequent farmers' market
- shopping avenue Passeig de Gracia, which features several of Gaud’'s most famous works of architecture
- the Cathedral de la Seu
- several public parkings
- an internet café
- the subway stops Catalunya and Universitat
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- King size beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1), Baby Cribs (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless ADSL internet connection
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- CD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
ReviewsWrite a review
This was our first trip to Spain and this apartment made our stay fantastic. The staff met us at the apartment and spent a lot of time with us going over a map of Barcelona and helping us get around the city. The apartment was sparkling clean and the beds were very comfortable. The location is right in the middle of everything and we walked almost everywhere! We did not use the kitchen but it was well equipped. We did make use of the very nice washer and dryer. My only complaint would be the noise from the subway. Apparently it ran directly below the building and you could feel the apartment rumble when a train would pass. Don't let this stop you from staying here though because everything else was excellent. We actually started joking about it after the first day. I would recommend this apartment to any couple or small family. We were traveling with our 15 year old son.
- Guest Rob (Japan)
- Date of stay 07/06/11
- Review Submitted 07/21/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, families with teenagers.
Year round: €165/night for up to 2 persons. €30 per night extra per additional guest. We allow a maximum of 4 persons in the apartment. Cleaning fee is 50 euro for up 1-2 persons / 60 euro for 3-4 persons We can provide a babycot at 7 euro per night 8% Tourist tax not included in price
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Primary: +34 93 5141950
Links to more information:
Bedroom with 4 poster kingsize bed, small balcony
Dining area and living room
Second bedroom with either a kingsize bed or 2 single beds
Crisp white linen
Living room, bay window with street views
Bathroom with shower, toilet and wash basin
Kitchen with high quality appliances
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2005.
Date last modified - Wednesday, July 03, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.