VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Comfortable apartment, 2 sleeping arrangement for 2 persons, television and DVD player, fully equipped kitchen (fridge-freezer, regular electric oven and microwave, dishwasher, electric filter coffee maker and Nespresso, electric kettle, toaster, crockery), wireless internet, washing machine. Located in a villa with a garden with many trees and a private pool just for you, sun loungers and hammock, sunshade and coffee table around the pool. Deck in front of the apartment with garden furniture and barbecue for alfresco dinners. Quiet residential area in a cul-de-sac with parking spaces, 2 min away by foot from an 18 holes golf course and from a park with deer. Close to the village centre (Saint Gely du Fesc), 10 min away from the tram station and downtown Montpellier (Festivals,museums), in the heart of the Garrigue (hikes, mountain biking), horse back riding schools closeby, swimming in the river (the Gorges de l'Herault and of La Vis) and during summer, canoes can be rented, beaches 30 minutes away. On a practical note, you will find everything you need on site: small shops and outdoor market (on Thursday and Saturday morning) 5 min away, on foot, from the centre of the village you will find a caterer and a pizza service delivery, restaurants, and let's not forget the shopping centres, 5 or 10 min away by car. Between the coastline and the hinterlands, Saint Gely du Fesc is nestled in the amazing landscape of the Pic Saint Loup and the Causse de l'Hortus, a pure pleasure: a treat for your eyes with a preserved nature and a rich cultural heritage; pleasure of the senses with a renowned country; and pleasure of the heart with extremely talented craftsmen. A unique land leant to the first foothills of the Cevennes, in the Guarrigue, north of Montpellier, 30 km away from the Mediterranean Coastline, fascinating for those who dare to come!
basse saison Aug 29 - May 27, 2016 7 night min stay
My Standard Rate 7 night min stay
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit€500
No additional mandatory fees
De septembre à juin: location au mois possible . Tarif à partir du 2ème mois : 800 Euros/ mois
-séjour de 2 semaines : 10% de réduction
-séjour de 3 semaines : 20% de réduction
-séjour de 4 semaines : 30% de réduction
Location du samedi au samedi en juillet et août, flexible en basse et moyenne saison
Nettoyage optionnel : 50 euros
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
The apartment is located in Saint Gely du Fesc. While being isolated from mass tourism, the location is ideal to discover the area: whether by foot or cycling (many mountain biking paths, bikes can be rented for adults or children (with trailer for children or children seats if necessary) to go to the beach from Montpellier (velomagg), horseback riding (horse or donkey), canoeing, paddle boat (Salagou Lake), paragliding (Serrane Parapente), gliding (gliding centre of the Pic Saint Loup), many spots for rock-climbing in the back-country of Montpellier. All outdoor activities will allow you to enjoy the climate which is ideal all year long. But you can also relax under the sun, by the pool, under the hackberries, lulled by the song of the cicadas...
This region is also very interesting for many other reasons:
- the land: for all visits, meet the winemakers and go wine tasting...contact the Association of Winemakers of the Pic Saint Loup 04.67.55.97.47 or take the Wine and Flavours Road in Grand Pic Saint-Loup to discover the Caveaux du Terroir as well as the local products like olive oil, honey, goat cheese...
- The festivals (theatre (the Printemps des Comédiens at the Domaine d'O in Montpellier, Molière dans tous ses éclats in Pézenas), dance (Montpellier Danse), music (Festival Radio France, Les Internationales de la Guitare...), cinema (Mediterranean Movie in Montpellier, documentaries in Lasalle...), poetry (Lodeve, Sète)...)
- The museums (Musée Fabre, Prehistoric Museum of the Matelles, Musée des Verriers in Claret (Artistic Glass), Musée Fleury in Lodeve, Carre d'Art in Nimes, Miam in Sete...)
- The heritage: Montpellier (tour of the old town every day at 5.00 pm. During summer: at night every Monday at 9.30 p.m. and during summer, every Friday evening with wine tasting (at the tourist office)), the medieval village of the Matelles, the prehistoric village of Cambous, the church of Saint Martin de Londres, Saint Guilhem le Désert and the Abbey of Gellone, the Pont du Diable, the cathedral of Maguelone, the Canal du Midi, the Pont du Gard, Nimes (Roman city)...
- The nature points of interest: the Pic Saint Loup (stunning panorama at the top: on one side, the Cevennes and on the other side, the sea and the ponds) and the Causse de l'Hortus, the garrigue with parks (the Parc de Coulondres (with deers), Parc Saint Sauveur, Parc du chateau de Restinclières, ParK of the zoo of Lunaret), the Gorges de l'Hérault and of La Vis, the Caves of Demoiselles and Clamousse, The Cirque de Navacelles, the small lakes of the Cres and Ceceles, and further, the Lake of the Salagou, the Cirque de Moureze, the beaches, separated from the coastal ponds (with flamingos) by a narrow barrier beach linking Palavas to Sete, the salt marshes (fortified city of Aigues-Mortes), the Camargue area and its traditions (bullfighting events during the Village Festival (last weekend of August)), the Mont Aigoual via the Footpath of the 4000 steps, at the gates of the Cevennes and the Causses (World Heritage Site for the agropastoralism), ...
Saint Gely du Fesc is 10 minutes from north of Montpellier via a two-lane road. Our village is served by buses from Herault Transport but we do recommend the rental of a car: parking space 20 m away from the apartment (you can park your car in the garden to unload your vehicle) and in Montpellier, you can park at the tram parking (Occitanie Station) (beginning this year (2012), you can go up to the beaches with the tram and you will find a shuttle to drive you to the beach).
Many activities can be found north of Montpellier: the areas with hospitals - Faculties and Euromedecine are very dynamic and if you are looking for a sleeping accommodation on a fixed term basis, a monthly rental is available (please see the conditions on the rate section) (The monthly rate is not applicable during July and August)
Guides are at your disposal (for Festivals, children's activities, hikes, ...), as well as maps... and, we will be happy to share any information that will make your stay one of the most delightful of all...