Beautifully Restored Historic Finca, with Large Stunning Private Gardens & Pool
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ibiza villa description
Holiday in a completely unique property; where history meets style. Originally the village schoolhouse, before becoming the Mayor's residence, this tastefully restored villa has been enjoyed by 'A' list celebs, couples and discerning families for over 6yrs. Cas Vildu is the perfect blend of modern convenience and traditional charm; spacious bedrooms with large large en-suites, modern kitchen, large outdoor dining and BBQ area (perfect for summer nights) and a stylish lounge with room for relaxing. Here you get the best of both worlds; stunning surroundings yet only minutes from the pretty village of San Jose and all its amenities - so you don't have to be car reliant or struggle up a dirt track to find it! Just imagine yourself whiling away the hours by the pool, dozing on the Balinese bed whilst listening to your music or breathing in the aroma of lavender as you relax on the terrace! And should you want to leave this haven you're only 10 min drive from the most stunning beaches on the island.
Pool and Gardens: Cas Vildu is simply a stunning property; white-washed with trailing bougainvillea everywhere, you enter through a gate set within a traditional stone wall. Walk down the path lined with Agapanthas and you'll be met with a view of the stunning gardens filled with mature Date Palms, Lavender, Pomegranate, Fig and Apricot trees. Unusual for Ibiza there's also a large lawn which is ideal for garden games and it hosts the traditional Balinese bed; perfect for an afternoon siesta or sleeping under the stars as some guests like to do! The separate pool area (pool 10x4m) is on a lower level and has teak loungers and a shaded area with a fridge for those essential cooling drinks! Elsewhere a large terrace, protected by arches, has views to the valley, a seating area and a full size table tennis table. There's a large outdoor dining area which easily seats 10, it has a built in BBQ, a large table and is situated next to the kitchen for easy access.
History of the Villa: Cas Vildu is unique on the island of Ibiza. It has been central to village life for many years and is beloved by the local San Jose villagers. Originally the village school for many years, it then became the residence of the Mayor before finally being bought by a french architect who lovingly restored this traditional finca (farmhouse).
Cas Vildu is a multi-level, stone built house with large rooms. It often amazes guests when they first arrive as it can take a day or two to get orientated!
The walls are incredibly thick so the house stays cool in the summer and windows in some of the bedrooms are traditionally small to keep out the heat. Large glass doors now replace the old wooden doors to give the whole house a beautifully light feel and provide direct access to the garden.
Outside the walled garden is unusually large for a village property and is something not found anywhere else on the island.
Your Holiday: FAMILIES:
Cas Vildu has plenty of space for children to run around and because the garden is completely walled you don't have to worry about their safety. A full sized table tennis table is available (inc. bats and balls). The i Pod docking stations mean teenagers can play their music whilst the WiFi keeps them in touch with friends.
A cot and highchair can usually be supplied along with bedding and details of a babysitting service can be provided (local contacts) - ask for details prior to your arrival.
FRIENDS & COUPLES:
All bedrooms have their own private bathroom - a necessary requirement for many when holidaying in a large group, and not always found even in 'luxury' villas. The bedrooms are on different levels and sides of the villa - so are very private. Secure parking is available.
There's also WiFi, Sky TV and i Pod docking stations (which can be plugged in at the Balinese bed too!
- 3500 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- All bedrooms have their own bathroom - essential these days when holidaying in a large group. The master bedroom with its fabulous en-suite and A/C leads to a private terrace from which there are views of the garden and valley. Bedroom 2 is airy and cool with a high ceiling, A/C, a double 'lit-bateau' bed and a stylish en-suite that leads out to a private terrace Bedroom 3 is simple and elegant with original terracotta tiles and 2 solid wood single beds. There's a good sized dressing room accessed via the bathroom which could be used as a further bedroom for a child if required. It leads to a large enclosed balcony where you can lounge on day beds. Bedroom 4 is very pretty with a double bed and large en-suite. This bedroom is on the ground floor and opens directly to a large terrace and garden with views beyond. Bedroom 5 is typical style of Ibiza with twin beds and a separate dressing room to the side. A private shower-room is right next door....moreless
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 en suite, has a large shower, twin sinks and a bidet there's direct access to the private terrace. Bathroom 2 en suite, has a bath with shower, sink, bidet and fitted wardrobes. There are double doors opening directly to the large first floor terrace with views to the valley and garden. Bathroom 3 en suite, has a large modern shower enclosure and twin sinks. Double doors lead onto the first floor terrace with views of San Josep and the garden. Bathroom 4 en suite, is spacious with a large walk in shower, bidet and fitted wardrobe Bathroom 5 next to bedroom 5 has an unusual walk in shower with a 'pebble' floor. White fluffy towels and soaps are supplied and there's plenty of space for personal toiletries....moreless
- The architecture and layout of the lounge is of a typical Ibicencan Finca (farmhouse) and it seats 10+ people easily. The high ceilings ensure it stays cool in the summer months and there's direct access to the garden, terrace and BBQ area via large glass doors. In the winter months a large open fireplace and full central heating make for a lovely romantic break; light the fire, snuggle up to watch the LCD Sat TV or listen to music on your i Pod (docking station supplied) whilst relaxing with a glass of wine. The modern country style kitchen has marble worktops and handmade tiles along with a large Smeg oven, hob, dishwasher and microwave. The dining area, with exposed original stonework has a large dining table - perfect for long evenings over a bottle or two of wine! A spacious utility room off the kitchen houses a large fridge/freezer, washing machine and dryer. The bedrooms are accessed by two separate staircases and two of the bedrooms are on the ground floor....moreless
- DVD Player
- Books - Fiction / Non-Fiction
- Games For Kids
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Naturist Beach
- Water Parks
- Not Necessary
- Horse Riding
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
local services and businesses
- Laundrette - Serviced
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Near The Sea
sports and adventure activities
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Equestrian Events
- Jet Skiing
- Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Child's Highchair
- Wireless Internet
- Wood Stove
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Soap
- Basic Soaps
- Toilet Paper
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Cooking Utensils
- 4 Ring Stove
- Beach Towels
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
ReviewsWrite a review
WE HAVE JUST ENJOYED A FANTASTIC HOLIDAY STAYING AT CASA VILDU. THE VILLA IS A WONDERFULLY UNIQUE HOME SURROUNDED BY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FRAGRANT GARDENS. FULL OF CHARACTER AND WELL EQUIPPED WITH EVERYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY WANT OR NEED ON HOLIDAY. THE HOUSE IS HIDDEN AWAY IN THE VILLAGE TO OFFER TOTAL PRIVACY BUT IS STEPS AWAY FROM THE AMNETIES OF THE VILLAGE, IN FACT A LITTLE TOO NEAR THE GORGEOUS BOUTIQUES OF SANT JOSEP! WE HAVE BEEN VISITING IBIZA FOR YEARS AND CASA VILDU IS DEFINITELY THE MOST RELAXING TRIP WE HAVE ENJOYED ON THE ISLAND. FIONA HAS ENSURED THAT THE VILLA FEELS LIKE HOME. SO MUCH IN FACT THE WE DIDN’T WANT TO RETURN TO OUR OWN. I WOULD HAVE NO HESITATION IN RECOMMENDING THE VILLA FOR FAMILIES (OR EQUALLY A PARTY OF FRIENDS). WE HAVE SMALL CHILDREN WHO ENJOYED THE POOL AND LARGE GARDENS WHILST THE SPACIOUS LAYOUT OF THE HOUSE AND GROUNDS MEANT THERE WAS ALWAYS AN AREA TO FIND SOME PEACE.
- Guest Kathryn (UK)
- Date of stay 05/29/10
- Review Submitted 06/30/10
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, girls getaway, families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 25 - Apr 18, 2014
7 night min stay
Apr 19 - Jun 27, 2014
7 night min stay
Jun 28 - Sep 5, 2014
7 night min stay
Sep 6 - Oct 17, 2014
7 night min stay
Oct 18 - Mar 20, 2015
7 night min stay
Mar 21 - May 29, 2015
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Linen and towels (excluding beach towels) are included and changed once a week. The house is cleaned twice a week.
Saturday changeover day. Arrival from 4pm. Departure 10 am.Bags may be left at the property with prior arrangement.
Booking will be confirmed on receipt of 20% deposit. Damage deposit of £500 to be paid with final balance 8 weeks before departure, returnable following final clean.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: £500
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Es Cubells at 8 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Ibiza Town at 14 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Calla Bassa, Cala Compte, Calla Verdeha at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Raco Verde, Can Bernat, La Movida at 200 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Roca Lisa at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Destinos,El Sol de Siena at 200 Metres
The Pool Area
Cas Vildu from the garden
Outside dining area with built in BBQ
View from the First Floor Terrace
Garden showing path down to pool area
First Floor Double Bedroom with En Suite
Chill Out Area
Ground Floor Double Bedroom with En Suite
View of San Jose hills at sunset from the garden
Tv Area of the Living Room